Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 352
  1. #31
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I'm trying to work out what that expression even means.
    there are conservative gays and flamboyant in your face radical ones who demand total rights, like femo-nazis.

    I know brother gays, one is a conservative one and born again preacher, the other is a promiscous predator of young boys not of legal age, gets them drunk etc to entice them. The preacher hates his cross dressing brother with the la di da voice etc
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  2. #32
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,570
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    there are conservative gays and flamboyant in your face radical ones who demand total rights, like femo-nazis.
    From Perigo's quote, flamboyance is not the issue and, if anything, it is the antithesis of what he thinks is wrong with the gay-rights movement.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  3. #33
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    19,492
    Bans on Homosexual Propaganda Advance Despite Western Outrage
    By Stefano Gennarini, J.D.

    NEW YORK, July 26 (C-FAM) Eastern European countries are following Russia’s lead to protect children by curbing advocacy for “non-traditional” sexual acts. Homosexual groups are reacting furiously.

    Last month Moldova passed a law prohibiting the distribution of information “aimed at the propagation of prostitution, pedophilia, pornography or of any other relations than those related to marriage or family.” Lithuania recently adopted a similar law, and Ukraine’s legislature is reportedly considering the same.

    The laws are designed to protect minors from graphic information that may lead them to unhealthy choices at a delicate age. Russia’s law, adopted in June, fines individuals and organizations for promoting “non-traditional” sexual behavior among children.

    Homosexual advocacy groups like Human Rights Watch say these laws violate international and European human rights standards. Proponents say the laws are narrowly tailored and only limit freedom of speech in so far as necessary to protect children.

    Homosexuality is not criminalized in Russia or Eastern European countries, as it was under communism. But citizens are worried about glamorizing unhealthy lifestyles without considering the effect that may have on minors.

    The homosexual lifestyle, in particular, is associated with a host of health risks. Individuals who engage in homosexual activity are 18 times more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than persons who don’t. They are at higher risk for other sexually transmitted diseases, substance abuse, depression, and suicide.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

  4. #34
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,709
    Desmond Tutu:

    "I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place [..] I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this."

  5. #35
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,193
    but what did our mate Mugabe say on this topic

    we know what the channel 9 poll on it says today
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  6. #36
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,709
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    we know what the channel 9 poll on it says today
    Who cares what a dodgy opt-in "poll" says about anything?

  7. #37
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Desmond Tutu:

    "I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place [..] I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this."
    but if our mate Desmond was saying the opposite you would be calling him a religious bigoted so and so but because he is one of ours we fall back on internal hypocrisies and inconsistencies I mentioned a few weeks ago - ha ha, there is a hole in the bucket dear Kb dear KB

    but it is wonderful to come from Desmond who I considered half a traitor during the struggle against apartheid

    BTW the channel nine was 2:1 against SSM
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  8. #38
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,709
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    but if our mate Desmond was saying the opposite you would be calling him a religious bigoted so and so but because he is one of ours we fall back on internal hypocrisies and inconsistencies I mentioned a few weeks ago - ha ha, there is a hole in the bucket dear Kb dear KB
    No, you just fall back on being a silly troll making stupid assertions without any evidence for them.

  9. #39
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,193
    The Pope has sort of came out and desinned homosexuality, also admitting that there is a gay lobby in the Vatican.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  10. #40
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,570
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    The Pope has sort of came out and desinned homosexuality, also admitting that there is a gay lobby in the Vatican.
    Isn't what you said the opposite of the truth?

    The pope said that he is not in the position to judge homosexuals and that if there is a gay lobby in the Vatican, then he hasn't seen it stamped on anyone's ID cards. The puts some contexts on comments he made a month ago about a 'gay lobby' in the Curia. So there are gay members in the Curia but it is neither open or perhaps even organised to any great extent.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  11. #41
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,709
    The Pope is being widely quoted as saying:

    "The problem is not having this orientation, it is lobbying. That's the most serious problem I think"

    and also

    "But we must distinguish the fact that a person is gay from the fact of lobbying, because no lobbies are good"

    However these quotes are translations.

    What is not clear to me is whether these remarks about lobbying applies to gay lobbying in general or if it is specifically in the context of a gay lobby within the clergy.

    If the former then it is only gay-rights lobbying (including pro-gay lobbying by heterosexuals) that has resulted over time in the church realising it must start to move away from homophobia.

  12. #42
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    Isn't what you said the opposite of the truth?

    The pope said that he is not in the position to judge homosexuals and that if there is a gay lobby in the Vatican, then he hasn't seen it stamped on anyone's ID cards. The puts some contexts on comments he made a month ago about a 'gay lobby' in the Curia. So there are gay members in the Curia but it is neither open or perhaps even organised to any great extent.
    well if he, who is Jesus'' rep on this Earth, says he cannot judge homosexuals, isnt that sort of similar to saying he sort of de-sinned it? This is Jesus'' rep talking so must listen, he is talking on behalf of Jesus. From horse''s' mouth to horses'' mouth, a direct extension. It is similar to desinning teaching of evolution.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  13. #43
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,570
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    well if he, who is Jesus'' rep on this Earth, says he cannot judge homosexuals, isnt that sort of similar to saying he sort of de-sinned it? This is Jesus'' rep talking so must listen, he is talking on behalf of Jesus. From horse''s' mouth to horses'' mouth, a direct extension. It is similar to desinning teaching of evolution.
    No. The church's position on this is that people with homosexual tendencies should not be marginalised but homosexual acts (like all sexual acts outside of marriage) are sinful. The pope's recent remarks on the matter has not changed this at all but rather just repeat the orthodox position.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  14. #44
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    No. The church's position on this is that people with homosexual tendencies should not be marginalised but homosexual acts (like all sexual acts outside of marriage) are sinful. The pope's recent remarks on the matter has not changed this at all but rather just repeat the orthodox position.
    well can priests forgive their own sins? There are a few skeletons in those cupboards.

    But if there was SSM would those acts then be legal?
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  15. #45
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,570
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    But if there was SSM would those acts then be legal?
    You seem to be conflating jurisdictions. The church as the power to perform marriages that are recognised by the state, but not all the marriages recognised by the state are automatically recognised by the church. So regardless of the civil recognition of SSM, the church will not recognise SSM, at least for some time. And so homosexual acts would continue to be extramarital from the church's POV and therefore sinful.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Topicality and Leak thread posts
    By Patrick Byrom in forum Help and Feedback
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2017, 10:00 PM
  2. Proposal to close S Kasparov blog posts thread
    By Garvinator in forum Help and Feedback
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-01-2017, 05:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •