PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 57
Max Illingworth's blog on Chess Improvement
    CC International Master

Max Illingworth's blog on Chess Improvement

About three weeks ago I started my blog about my chess coaching and chess improvement in general. I didn't blog during the Oceania Zonal as the internet at the hotel was very slow but I'll be blogging regularly from today.

The purpose of the blog is to help others improve their chess (ideally through having lessons with me) and I'd appreciate any feedback.
    Do you find it hard to get better at chess? Unsure which resources to use?

As a Grandmaster, FIDE Trainer, 2018 Australian Champion, 2017 Australian Open Champion and published author, I know how to succeed in chess. I've used my training methods to help hundreds of players achieve their chess goals and sustain a large improvement in their skill and results.

Take the struggle out of chess improvement, by contacting me for chess lessons:

illingworthchess@gmail.com

Oh JizzY YEAH !!!!!!

Let Sprouty be a first on ur lil blog here to Tell Yea Its a Great Idea to give help to ur weaker links(sprout)

Meh for one admire ur fast pace to da top of the world chess scene max.Sproutums totally predicted that u were going to make it kidd

Sprout will totally b taking notes and any advice on meh chess games and playing and practicing tips from yea m8.....looking forward to visting this blog all da timez

-Sprout85 =)
    ChessChat's Break0ut High Score Champion - 02/02/2012
    ChessChat's Space Invaders High Score Champion - 09/24/2012
    ChessChat's Moon Lander High Score Champion - 10/07/2012
    ChessChat's Asteroids High Score Champion - 10/19/2012

ChessChat's Current Reigning King of the Arcade since 10/07/2012

CC Candidate Master
    Blog looks great, Max! Good luck with it.

I am with sprouty. The blog is excellent. Very professional.

And I too predicted you would make it to the top Max, though not perhaps when I first met you when you were about 10 at Manly Warringah Chess club..
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly playing at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC Candidate Master
    This a good chess blog, i like the post May 11 about the Danish Gambit, i think that gambits are fun, i try them out against lower rated players to see what happens, i haven't played many against titled players though though if you play them regularly then you will get better at the tactics.

So if there are any more gambit articles i'm sure people will enjoy them.

CC Grandmaster
    Looks good

I received a 'blog removed' message.

Any probs max ?

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Yes I was going to link it in the Newsletter and received the same so decided it had best wait until next time.

CC International Master
    Yeah, I deleted the blog about a month ago, as I am now concentrating on my chess improvement.

As a Grandmaster, FIDE Trainer, 2018 Australian Champion, 2017 Australian Open Champion and published author, I know how to succeed in chess. I've used my training methods to help hundreds of players achieve their chess goals and sustain a large improvement in their skill and results.

CC International Master
    I have revived my online blog, this time on Chess.com. I wrote three posts in the last 24 hours, but in general I'll be aiming to publish three posts a week (except during tournaments). Feel free to share your comments in the posts, and follow my blog on Chess.com if you want to be notified when I publish a new post!

Latest post at the time of writing: https://www.chess.com/blog/Illingworth/planning-puzzle

Thread Information