[Mod note: these posts have been split from the International Tournament Invitations thread, which is now locked. Feel free to discuss any invitations that are posted on that thread here, or also anything you'd like me to keep an eye on - KB]

Great thread...
    Kevin, James disappointed on missing Thailand and Zonal...
    Are their any tournaments OS that you would think suitable for James from about July?
    hopefully?
    thanks
    Rowena
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 03-05-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    proud parent

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    If I get any invitations to any I'll post them up here as soon as I get them!

Hi Kev.
    I have to go to Chennai, India, at some stage this year for work. I was wondering if you have received sny invites for any tournaments there or near there in 2013. If yes or if any info on such arrives in future, please post here so thst I can investigate possibilty of chess tourney before or after my work there. Thanks.
    Last edited by Adamski; 15-04-2013 at 11:00 PM.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC FIDE Master
    The " Hindu " reports the Anand-Carlsen World title match 12 games will be played in Chennai 6-26 Nov 2013 for 290 million rupees.

FIDE have not yet made any statement about the match at present.

Quote Originally Posted by peter_parr
    The " Hindu " reports the Anand-Carlsen World title match 12 games will be played in Chennai 6-26 Nov 2013 for 290 million rupees.

FIDE have not yet made any statement about the match at present.
    Thanks Peter. It would be great to see part of a world champs match.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski
    Thanks Peter. It would be great to see part of a world champs match.
    This is now a distinct possibilty as my boss has agreed I can make the trip to Chennai in November.

CC FIDE Master
    Don't book your ticket yet. Carlsen wants a neutral venue with a bidding procedure in accordance with FIDE regulations. The memorandum of understanding has been signed by FIDE and Chennai without agreement from Carlsen.

Quote Originally Posted by peter_parr
    Don't book your ticket yet. Carlsen wants a neutral venue with a bidding procedure in accordance with FIDE regulations. The memorandum of understanding has been signed by FIDE and Chennai without agreement from Carlsen.
    Thanks for that Peter. Luckily November is a wee way off yet.

Kev I would still be interested to hear via this thread of any tournament invitations for events in Chennai this year, as when I travel to India for work is very flexible. Thanks.

I post all invitations when I get them. Not before!

Thread split

I've split the original thread so people can post whatever they want about the invitations on this one without it making the main thread difficult to follow. It's important that people who are looking for invitations can find them easily without having to wade through chatter and requests.

Take me to the April March sun in Cuba, oh oh oh!

(see main thread)

Thread Information