Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    CC FIDE Master

Get well James and Dimitry

Some cautious good news about James Morris. He regained consciousness this afternoon and was able to wiggle a few fingers and toes. This gives hope that his spine will be intact. He remains on the critical list with multiple broken ribs, both collar bones broken and punctured lungs....We are all wishing James a complete recovery.

I haven't heard anything about Dmitry, I hope he is recovering strongly.

I am arranging a big Get Well card and will hold it at my shop (758 North Rd, Ormond) for a few days before taking it to either James (if visitors are allowed) or his family. I encourage everyone who is in the area to drop in and sign this, or drop off a card/gift of their own which I will then pass on.

I will post other news as I hear it.

CC International Master
    Great work David.

Thanks also to whoever put the flowers on the grill door at MCC today.

Ive been to visit Dimitri, and he is looking ok (well about as ok as someone in this situation can look) - although he is having spinal surgery. He is very very sore and has fractures although no neck or head injuries. Fingers crossed that he will have a speedy recovery - which he should do.

News is constantly going up on the MCC facebook page around the clock - its probably the best place to hear things as they come to hand.
    People with nothing to hide post using their real names...

Best wishes to them both. Only met James on a handful of occasions, but Dmitri is one of the great characters of MCC and the old days of the great weekend Allegros.

Hope they both get well soon

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    On Facebook (which I don't have an account on so am not continually reading) Mischa did post that James has no head injuries, which is some good news at least, but that the next 36 hours are critical and there is much concern about his lungs and lower spine.

Does anyone know for sure the correct spelling of Mr Partsi's first name, or even if there is a unique correct spelling? It is given as Dimitry on the ACF rating list but I've seen a bunch of different spellings here.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    On Facebook (which I don't have an account on so am not continually reading) Mischa did post that James has no head injuries, which is some good news at least, but that the next 36 hours are critical and there is much concern about his lungs and lower spine.

Does anyone know for sure the correct spelling of Mr Partsi's first name, or even if there is a unique correct spelling? It is given as Dimitry on the ACF rating list but I've seen a bunch of different spellings here.

Best news that no head injuries, bloody fantastic for that brain
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Rookie
    Best wishes to Dimitry, James, Paul and Anthony. We're all thinking of all you guys.

James

Ever the trooper....he maintains his sense of humour still.
    He does know about the deaths as he heard the medics saying so at the scene. He is saddened, devastated but feels deeply for poor Paul.
    proud parent

Many in Sydney too are thinking of and praying for James and Dimitry and their families. Incliding at the opening ceremony of the SIO tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Adamski; 02-04-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischa
    Ever the trooper....he maintains his sense of humour still.
    At the Aus Junior, I could always tell where James was and what he was doing. A crowd of 5-6 meant he was kibitzing or playing, a crowd of 10-12 meant he was telling jokes! James is an inspiration and I'm so glad he's pulled through.
    And still, no one has satisfactorily proven, that it isn't opposite day.

Quote Originally Posted by Saragossa
    At the Aus Junior, I could always tell where James was and what he was doing. A crowd of 5-6 meant he was kibitzing or playing, a crowd of 10-12 meant he was telling jokes! James is an inspiration and I'm so glad he's pulled through.
    not pulled through yet...another 24 hours and then another crisis in two weeks and only if he gets no lung infection....
    but I love your post
    proud parent

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Saragossa
    Absolutely!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I found this link while on the Doeberl site.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

My thoughts are with the survivors and their loved ones affected by this tragedy and wish them a speedy and full recovery.

Just got da news,

Sprouty is nows sending all meh best wishes n prayers out to James n Ur Family Mischa

May u find the strength u need in them, for the prayers of the rightous carry much weight

-Sprout85
    Just trying to stay Positive in this New Bizarro World -Sprout85

Get well soon guys.

Thread Information