Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Ahh okay. I just looked at ratings.fide.com - was guessing it comes up there like FA and IA titles do. Thanks.
    IA/WFM Alana Chibnall

alanachibnall@hotmail.com

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I am sending a fresh round of photos tomorrow night so if anyone wants to send a photo get it to me by 9 pm Sunday. After that I will probably not send another round for at least another week (away from home).

Michael D'Arcy has been added as an NA.

I have also submitted for Peter Roza to be added as an NA in the hope of resolving a problem with the rating of a tournament.

A reminder to people who haven't sent photos to send them if you want a licence card.

This bit is important: When someone contacts me re NA licencing I will send them an email and a list of steps to follow. The steps sent must be followed exactly including emailing me to advise that you have paid. If you don't follow the instructions you don't get licenced.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 29-05-2013 at 12:43 AM.

As there are many NA applications continually coming through I no longer list them all publicly. People can check the list of licensed arbiters at http://arbiters.fide.com/images/stor...d_Arbiters.pdf bearing in mind that it may take several days for the latest update to appear.

A new requirement from FIDE is that an arbiter must have a FIDE ID to be licensed. If you are applying for an NA license and do not have a FIDE ID you will need to advise me of this and state your date of birth. I will then contact Bill to obtain a FIDE ID for you, however this will not happen until you have paid and confirmed you have paid. Furthermore I may request confirming information (such as an email from a club official stating that they wish to use you as an arbiter for a FIDE-rated event) in these cases.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 30-03-2016 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    As there are many NA applications continually coming through I no longer list them all publicly. People can check the list of licensed arbiters at http://arbiters.fide.com/images/stor...d_Arbiters.pdf bearing in mind that it may take several days for the latest update to appear.

A new requirement from FIDE is that an arbiter must have a FIDE ID to be licensed. If you are applying for an NA license and do not have a FIDE ID you will need to advise me of this and state your date of birth. I will then contact Bill to obtain a FIDE ID for you, however this will not happen until you have paid and confirmed you have paid. Furthermore I may request confirming information (such as an email from a club official stating that they wish to use you as an arbiter for a FIDE-rated event) in these cases.
    A quick question - is a player able to get an FA norm without the national arbiter title?
    IA/WFM Alana Chibnall

alanachibnall@hotmail.com

CC International Master William AS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alana View Post
    A quick question - is a player able to get an FA norm without the national arbiter title?
    No. (I Found this out the hard way )

If an unregistered arbiter has officiated at a tournament to be FIDE rated they may refuse to rate it.
    “A wise prince will seek means by which his subjects will always and in every possible condition of things have need of his government, and then they will always be faithful to him.” — Niccolo Machiavelli (1469–1527), Il Principe (The Prince)

A wise prince will also realise that this can be achieved more successfully by means other than rape, pillage, greed, lies, deceit or misinformation.

The relevant regulation is FIDE Rating Regulations 0.3:

All arbiters of a FIDE rated tournament shall be licensed otherwise the tournament shall not be rated.

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    ... they have a regulation 0.3 ..... rofl ..... couldn't wait till they got to 1 before they stated with the regulations. .. rofl
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlin View Post
    ... they have a regulation 0.3 ..... rofl ..... couldn't wait till they got to 1 before they stated with the regulations. .. rofl
    I have been asked to become an assistant arbiter for a rather large chess tournament next year.

The main arbiter is officially recognized as an International Arbiter.

Apparently to assist him, I need to become something called a "National Arbiter"....

I am curious, does becoming a "National Arbiter" require a fee paid to the ACF? Or is there some other mechanism at play?
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by ElevatorEscapee View Post
    I have been asked to become an assistant arbiter for a rather large chess tournament next year.

The main arbiter is officially recognized as an International Arbiter.

Apparently to assist him, I need to become something called a "National Arbiter"....

I am curious, does becoming a "National Arbiter" require a fee paid to the ACF? Or is there some other mechanism at play?
    Yes, you pay the ACF a fee, I send your name to FIDE, then you get approved as a National Arbiter. Generally happens pretty quickly. Email me at k_bonham@tassie.net.au and I'll send you the details.

Some people ask about the age limit for NA licences. It is 16 years - you must be 16 to be awarded the licence. We just had one awarded on her 16th birthday. I won't name them for data privacy reasons but it was great that Takis Nikolopoulos processed our licence request in a new fastest time for him - nine minutes from me emailing!

(Normally we get replies within a couple of days, very rarely up to a week or two. FIDE's service on NA licensing has been very fast.)

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    FIDE's service on NA licensing has been very fast.)
    Could you please ask them to remove Haydn Barber from the list?
    Southern Suburbs Chess Club (Perth)
    www.southernsuburbschessclub.org.au

A reminder that all arbiters of FIDE-rated events need to be licensed. It is the responsibility of the organising body of any tournament to make sure it does not appoint any unlicensed arbiters as this may cause the tournament not to be rated or its rating to be delayed. Please check them before you appoint them. The list of licensed arbiters can be downloaded at:

http://arbiters.fide.com/licensed-arbiters.html

Anyone needing to be licensed as a "National Arbiter" needs to contact me (email k_bonham@tassie.net.au - not via PM) and follow the instructions. There is a fee (currently $35). Usually once I contact FIDE they process them quickly.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 23-12-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Thread Information