View Poll Results: What will the final result be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kasparov +7

    1 6.67%
  • Kasparov +6

    0 0%
  • Kasparov +5

    2 13.33%
  • Kasparov +4

    3 20.00%
  • Kasparov +3

    4 26.67%
  • Kasparov +2

    3 20.00%
  • Kasparov +1

    0 0%
  • Kasimdzhanov +1

    1 6.67%
  • Kasimdzhanov +2

    0 0%
  • Kasimdzhanov +3

    0 0%
  • Kasimdzhanov +4

    0 0%
  • Kasimdzhanov +5

    0 0%
  • Kasimdzhanov +6

    0 0%
  • Kasimdzhanov +7

    1 6.67%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
  1. #1
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,310

    G. Kasparov v R. Kasimdzhanov

    Guess its time to start a thread on this match.

    Poll attached.

    If you vote for G. Kasparov, you believe that G. Kasparov will end up seven points in front of R. Kasimdzhanov.

    If you vote for R. Kasimdzhanov +1, you believe that R. Kasimdzhanov will end up one point in front of G. Kasparov.
    Last edited by Garvinator; 21-10-2004 at 02:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    What poll.

  3. #3
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    What poll.
    the one just finished

  4. #4
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    Guess you were just slow in getting it done.
    Either that of some of us are just too quick at reading new posts.

  5. #5
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Guess you were just slow in getting it done.
    Either that of some of us are just too quick at reading new posts.
    or i was spending too much time trying to get kasim's name spelt right seven times

  6. #6
    CC International Master Rhubarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,635
    Another poll where the tied match isn't an option?

  7. #7
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,310
    Quote Originally Posted by kegless
    Another poll where the tied match isn't an option?
    because a tie cannot occur mr GC. there will be rapid and the blitz games if result is 6-6 after 12 games now go stuff that banana
    Last edited by Garvinator; 21-10-2004 at 01:53 AM.

  8. #8
    CC International Master Rhubarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    because a tie cannot occur mr GC. there will be rapid and the blitz games if result is 6-6 after 12 games now go stuff that banana
    So if I want to predict, for example, 6-6 after 12, then Gaz wins all 4 four playoff games, should I vote Kasparov +1 or +4?

    And another thing: suppose I want to vote for Fathead +8?

    Anyone got any recipes for banana bread?

  9. #9
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,310
    Quote Originally Posted by kegless
    So if I want to predict, for example, 6-6 after 12, then Gaz wins all 4 four playoff games, should I vote Kasparov +1 or +4?
    i would assume that they would play just the minimum number of games to get a winner. So if it was 6-6 and then kasparov wins the first three rapid games, the result would be +3. I have assumed that the fourth game wouldnt be played.


    And another thing: suppose I want to vote for Fathead +8?
    i dont think this result will be possible for the above listed reasons.

  10. #10
    CC International Master Rhubarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    i would assume that they would play just the minimum number of games to get a winner. So if it was 6-6 and then kasparov wins the first three rapid games, the result would be +3. I have assumed that the fourth game wouldnt be played.

    i dont think this result will be possible for the above listed reasons.
    Okay, points taken. I'm not sure what the organisers intend to do with dead rubbers. Say, for example, that Gazza was ahead 6.5-3.5 after 10?

    P.S. Maybe it's better you had two extra poll options: 6-6 followed by tiebreak win to either player.

    EDIT: OK, I see you've edited the initial post now.

  11. #11
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    or i was spending too much time trying to get kasim's name spelt right seven times
    Guess you never heard of Copy & Paste.

  12. #12
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    Quote Originally Posted by kegless
    Okay, points taken. I'm not sure what the organisers intend to do with dead rubbers. Say, for example, that Gazza was ahead 6.5-3.5 after 10?

    P.S. Maybe it's better you had two extra poll options: 6-6 followed by tiebreak win to either player.

    EDIT: OK, I see you've edited the initial post now.
    He had no choice since he cannot edit the poll.

  13. #13
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Guess you never heard of Copy & Paste.
    actually i did use copy and paste just didnt want to say that you were too quick at looking at new threads.

  14. #14
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    actually i did use copy and paste just didnt want to say that you were too quick at looking at new threads.
    Not always but more often than not its true.

  15. #15
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40,358
    I've gone for +3 and I'll suggest a scoreline as well: +4=5-1.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

    ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

    My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. It took Kasparov some long minutes to solve this!
    By Javier Gil in forum Puzzles and Problems
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 04:44 PM
  2. Kasparov video
    By tonlesu in forum General Chess Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-09-2004, 07:07 PM
  3. Kasparov V Kasimdzhanov
    By Bill Gletsos in forum General Chess Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 07:31 PM
  4. Kasimdzhanov wins Game 2
    By News Bot in forum Chess Australia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •