Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    CC Grandmaster
    Today, we used Tornelo at MCC allegro as always. I discovered that some players ratings (including mine) got increased ...by rather ''random'' number of points..while others have not. I was 2280...but discovered my new rating was 2325. Alex Khamatgaleev was 2220 - but skyrocketed to 2350. Jack Puccini was 2210...but got no increase at all. So yes...an interesting ''rating upgrade'' indeed .
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Today, we used Tornelo at MCC allegro as always. I discovered that some players ratings (including mine) got increased ...by rather ''random'' number of points..while others have not. I was 2280...but discovered my new rating was 2325. Alex Khamatgaleev was 2220 - but skyrocketed to 2350. Jack Puccini was 2210...but got no increase at all. So yes...an interesting ''rating upgrade'' indeed .
    There is something funny going on because the historic ratings are now different to those in place when I wrote #42 above. And there is a rating adjustment showing for 1 Jan 2017 but when I was writing the posts above, the most recent adjustment was years earlier. So there was a retrospective adjustment, not sure when.

What has happened this time is that rather than swiping someone else's rating list, they've simply thrown points into the system so that everyone who was active enough - and it's not completely clear how this was defined - got either 132 or 133 points backdated to Jan 1 2017. I am not sure why that number but it's almost identical to the 131.5 point average FIDE to Tornelo gap for the four players I mentioned in #42.

Because Tornelo is deflationary, pretty much all the adults and even some of the juniors are showing as having lost points since this Jan 2017 adjustment and some adults like Partsi and Raine have even managed to lose the whole adjustment in just over a year.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    There is something funny going on because the historic ratings are now different to those in place when I wrote #42 above. And there is a rating adjustment showing for 1 Jan 2017 but when I was writing the posts above, the most recent adjustment was years earlier. So there was a retrospective adjustment, not sure when.

What has happened this time is that rather than swiping someone else's rating list, they've simply thrown points into the system so that everyone who was active enough - and it's not completely clear how this was defined - got either 132 or 133 points backdated to Jan 1 2017. I am not sure why that number but it's almost identical to the 131.5 point average FIDE to Tornelo gap for the four players I mentioned in #42.

Because Tornelo is deflationary, pretty much all the adults and even some of the juniors are showing as having lost points since this Jan 2017 adjustment and some adults like Partsi and Raine have even managed to lose the whole adjustment in just over a year.
    From the practical perspective: it has affected the seeding at today's allegro...
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Thread Information