Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    5 am actually. Mostly I have just ripped off Ian's template and then damaged it through stupidity so my efforts are inferior and what is good about them is not mine. But I hope to do a bit better in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    5 am actually. Mostly I have just ripped off Ian's template and then damaged it through stupidity so my efforts are inferior and what is good about them is not mine. But I hope to do a bit better in future.
    Sounds a bit like my experience of editing the Croydon website home page... I definitely need a bit more training!

I thought the ACF newsletter was fine; the content's the main thing and that was good.

Supplement edition 12/10A is currently mailing out. I forgot a few things and many others cropped up in the meantime. Next week's issue will still go ahead as planned (since people may have organised things around the published schedule) but will probably be pretty skimpy unless people send me goodies.

Remember, all submissions to auschessnews@gmail.com and not to my email address or personal email.

Edition 12/11 was mailed about 2-3 am. Hope there weren't too many gremlins; I was completely exhausted when compiling it.

Edition 12/11 was mailed about 2-3 am. Hope there weren't too many gremlins; I was completely exhausted when compiling it.
    It was a good read. Your editorship is off to a good start, Kevin.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Subscribers should have now received three issues: 12/10, 12/10A and 12/11, since I took over.

However I have had one report of a subscriber receiving only 12/10 so if anyone else has been short-changed please let me know and I'll investigate.

Note that anyone wanting to subscribe can do so by going to http://www.auschess.org.au/ and entering their email address.

CC International Master Brian_Jones's Avatar
    Yes, I received 12/10 OK but not the next two.

So far given three diffrent email addresses but still waiting to receive the missing two!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Jones
    Yes, I received 12/10 OK but not the next two.

So far given three diffrent email addresses but still waiting to receive the missing two!
    Yes for whatever reason emailing Brian has proved to be a very difficult task thus far.

His email received the first issue but not the second and third. His email has also been problematic because it blocks iinet (my email) from time to time. This results from some spam-lister blocking the whole of iinet temporarily because of spam issues. (The causes and culprits for this problem are much debated, eg see here and here.)

When I tried forwarding them from my own email address to his backup address (which is hotmail and isn't supposed to have the problem) he didn't get them.

When I tried forwarding them from gmail to his backup address he didn't get them.

I have now tried resending them from ymlp to his backup address and see if that works.

If it doesn't I think I will give up!

Speaking of email there was a glitch with the link to my primary email address in the newsletter. However fortunately I included two and the other one works.

CC International Master Brian_Jones's Avatar
    I have now received the missing newsletters via a third party (but not from Kevin!).

My hotmail address is meant to redirect automatically but for some reason this has not happened!

Yes I just received six bounce messages for emails sent to Brian, all of them with the message:

"Client host [203.59.1.210] blocked using dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net; IP 203.59.1.210 is UCEPROTECT-Level 1 listed"

which is the same message as in the past.

It appears from that that sending emails to Brian's hotmail address was also triggering the iinet block.

I am yet to get bounce messages on gmail.

I will be issuing a fill-in issue probably somewhere between 1 am and midday this Wednesday. Any further material for it must reach me in a publication-ready state with no work required on my behalf by Tuesday midnight (and when I say that a deadline is firm to the minute, I mean it!)

Also because I do not check the newsletter address very often except when preparing the Newsletter, please note the following:

All material for the Newsletter must be sent to auschessnews@gmail.com . This is the only accepted means of submission.

All enquiries about the Newsletter should be sent to my email address at k_bonham@tassie.net.au or asked here. Enquiries to the other address will be answered but often not quickly.

Slight delay in issuing of Newsletter caused by ACF policy issues with a submission. Possible Newsletter will be out by midday but won't be much earlier than that.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 28-11-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Slight delay in issuing of Newsletter caused by ACF policy issues with a submission.
    Which were not the submitter's fault.

Issue 12/11A just being emailed out. Hope there aren't too many ghastly blunders in it, and apologies for the formatting being inconsistent as hell again, I just don't have enough time to iron out all the cosmetics!

CC International Master Paul Cavezza's Avatar
    "Please send me suggestions for other Youtube channels to add. The ACF accepts no responsibility for the content of linked channels."

Good choice Kevin, good choice.

Thread Information