Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    CC Rookie
    Thanks , saw the link last Newsletter was dated January 2022. Is it the same what you see or I am missing something?
    ?

CC International Master
    Yes, I see the same. It looks like the January issue was the last one.

CC International Master
    Does the ACF need a new Bulletin Editor?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver View Post
    Does the ACF need a new Bulletin Editor?
    Would publish the newsletter if there were any official ACF Notices. Without them the primary reason for newsletter would be missing.
    Not going to fake notices or publish a newsletter without notices.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Keong Ang View Post
    Would publish the newsletter if there were any official ACF Notices. Without them the primary reason for newsletter would be missing.
    Not going to fake notices or publish a newsletter without notices.
    All good then.

CC Grandmaster
    Recieved 1 in the email right now that includes report on the ollympiad.
    The NZ report was particularly facinating. [Sentence with incorrect quote deleted - mod]
    and that some of the ollimpiads participants do not know how to record moves....but I guess the country with players who do not know chess notation gets one vote in the congress just like USA or Canada or France... .
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 01-08-2022 at 11:39 PM.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Recieved 1 in the email right now that includes report on the ollympiad. The NZ report was particularly facinating. From the report I learned that Team Russia is not there ''apparently due to Covid lockdown'' (obvously not the case....but I guess NZ is far enough from the war)
    You must have read a different copy to me! Mine has a completely different explanation: "NZ is ranked 92/184 teams. Almost every country is there! The main ones missing are Russia, China and Pakistan. Probably political with Pakistan, obvious with Russia and China still keep citizens in lockdown."

You do understand that when you use direct quotes (" "), you're supposed to actually quote the text

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Post edited

Quote marks (" ") are to be used for exact quoting only. Text contained inside "" marks is not to be paraphrased text and any omissions from quoted text should be shown (eg by using [..] ). If any poster persists in getting this wrong, I reserve the right to just start deleting any post they make containing quote symbols for a while. Use single quote marks not double if you must use quote marks when paraphrasing.

Any discussion of this warning is to occur in the Help and Feedback section only.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Recieved 1 in the email right now that includes report on the ollympiad.
    The NZ report was particularly facinating. [Sentence with incorrect quote deleted - mod]
    and that some of the ollimpiads participants do not know how to record moves....
    The NZ report mentions only one player from St Kitts and Nevis who did not know how to record

but I guess the country with players who do not know chess notation gets one vote in the congress just like USA or Canada or France... .
    As at the UN General Assembly and Security Council, every member country has an equal vote. And rightly so.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    The NZ report mentions only one player from St Kitts and Nevis who did not know how to record

As at the UN General Assembly and Security Council, every member country has an equal vote. And rightly so.
    May be players should also vote which moves are to be played on the board . Democracy!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

May be players should also vote which moves are to be played on the board . Democracy!
    The voting system is based on equal representation. If based on democracy then e.g. Australia would be entitled to five times as many votes as Norway

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    You must have read a different copy to me! Mine has a completely different explanation: "NZ is ranked 92/184 teams. Almost every country is there! The main ones missing are Russia, China and Pakistan. Probably political with Pakistan, obvious with Russia and China still keep citizens in lockdown."...
    Pakistan withdrew after arriving due to a political disagreement (the story of the Chess Olympiad torch running through various parts of India including Kashmir caused offense).
    IA Craig Hall

www.chess.org.nz - Canterbury Chess Club
    http://respectrum.nz - Major sponsor

Thread Information