Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    CC Candidate Master

2013 Australian Open Chess Championships

norths chess club is delighted to announce it will host the 2013 Australian Open Chess Championships from 2 to 13 January 2013

Both the Open and Minor (Under 1600) sections will run over 11 rounds with one round per day. The norths chess club Classic, for those rated under 1800 who prefer a shorter format will be over 7 rounds (2 to 8 January 2013).

9 January will be a rest day for the longer tournaments and the Australian Lightning Championship will take place.

We very grateful to our sponsors - norths, Hancock Prospecting, Australian Chess Enterprises, Chess Discount Sales and Rydges North Sydney. As a result of their support we are able to offer over $14,000 in prize money and a first prize in the Australian Open of $4,500.

The 2010 Australian Championships and 2011 Australian Open, both hosted by norths chess club, were very enjoyable and drew competitive fields. We look forward to building on the success of these two events and welcome your entry to the 2013 Australian Open Chess Championships.

CLICK HERE for more details and entry.

Thumbs up

I've stayed at Rydges North Sydney; they have a good restaurant downstairs.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

I 'll be there!

Quote Originally Posted by mishahu
    norths chess club is delighted to announce it will host the 2013 Australian Open Chess Championships from 2 to 13 January 2013

Both the Open and Minor (Under 1600) sections will run over 11 rounds with one round per day. The norths chess club Classic, for those rated under 1800 who prefer a shorter format will be over 7 rounds (2 to 8 January 2013).

9 January will be a rest day for the longer tournaments and the Australian Lightning Championship will take place.

We very grateful to our sponsors - norths, Hancock Prospecting, Australian Chess Enterprises, Chess Discount Sales and Rydges North Sydney. As a result of their support we are able to offer over $14,000 in prize money and a first prize in the Australian Open of $4,500.

The 2010 Australian Championships and 2011 Australian Open, both hosted by norths chess club, were very enjoyable and drew competitive fields. We look forward to building on the success of these two events and welcome your entry to the 2013 Australian Open Chess Championships.

CLICK HERE for more details and entry.
    Consider me entered please, thanks! See you all there!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

CC FIDE Master
    The 2013 brochure gives GM Zong-Yuan Zhao as 2011 Australian Open Champion.

The 2011 Australian Open Champion is IM George Xie (as published in SMH 17 Jan 2011) and as on the ACF website.

I have advised the organisers - the brochures have not yet been printed.

The venue at Norths is very large and a record entry is anticipated. I am one of the sponsors.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_parr
    The 2013 brochure gives GM Zong-Yuan Zhao as 2011 Australian Open Champion.

The 2011 Australian Open Champion is IM George Xie (as published in SMH 17 Jan 2011) and as on the ACF website.
    Thanks Peter,

The brochure on the website has been updated and it's great you brought our attention to the error in time for the print run.

CC Candidate Master
    Welcome to our first entrant, Peter Abbott.

Well done again norths in getting another submission for a major event accepted . I hope that at the very least I will attend some rounds and follow others online. Good luck!
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC Candidate Master

2013 Australian Open - Assistant Arbiter

The arbiting team for the 2013 Australian Open require an Assistant Arbiter to join them and are looking for expressions of interest. This will provide a great opportunity to achieve an International Arbiter norm.

If interested, please make contact with the Organisers via northsydneychess@gmail.com by 26 September. Please include a brief summary of arbiting experience, including details of progress towards IA or FA qualifications and any questions that you may have.

CC FIDE Master
    Here are a "fresh" opponent for Peter Abbott...

I'm on and I have payed.

See you in january.

Quote Originally Posted by machomortensen
    Here are a "fresh" opponent for Peter Abbott...

I'm on and I have payed.

See you in January.
    Great to know you are returning to our shores, Henrik!

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC FIDE Master
    Thank you Mr. Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski
    Well done again norths in getting another submission for a major event accepted . I hope that at the very least I will attend some rounds and follow others online. Good luck!
    I have entered the lightning.

CC FIDE Master
    Can anyone post good accomodation venues close to the event?

thanks.

CC Candidate Master
    We are pleased to announce that German GM Igor Khenkin, currently the world's 100th highest ranked active player, has entered the tournament.

I am pleased to announce that Garrett, currently the world's 36,171st highest ranked active player, has entered the tournament.

Thread Information