Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 260
  1. #46
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,544
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    No man . . . you went further. You suggested that your mob is more trustworthy to the GM than the unmentionable.
    Did he really?
    If you followed the original discussions on this board about Johansen's participation it just seemed the previous organsier and he could not come to a mutually acceptable arrangement.
    gg's comment simply implies there was no such issue with the Darryl and the new organisers.

    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    And look, jenni's calling the unmentionable names! Nasty . . .
    Incorrect.
    Anyone who follows Harry Potter knows that the term "he who shall not be mentioned" is Lord Voldemort.

  2. #47
    CC FIDE Master george's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    713
    Hi All,

    The reason I had to post about David C here and in the Newsletter is that for some reason and I dont know why a number of persons contacted me re participation in the Open asking specifically if David was in any way involved they would not come - mind you there may be many people who may not come because David is not organising the events but as yet those persons have not contacted me.

    Therefore as its my job to maximise participants I thought it would be a good idea to get the message out to make it very clear without inferring anything about anyone.

    Regards
    George

  3. #48
    CC FIDE Master george's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    713
    Hi All,

    The three Italian players are being brought to this tournament by way of extra funding from Mr Grollo - he wanted Italian titled players and was willing to put extra resources to ensure such.

    Only GM's are getting any financial assitance from the Tournament Budget to play in the Lidums Australian Open.

    I hope this clarifies some issues for people - if IM's wish to discuss paid simuls , lectures etc please contact me I am trying to make this tournament as attractive to ALL players as the budget can support.

    Regards
    George Howard
    Main Organiser Lidums Australian Open

  4. #49
    CC International Master Kerry Stead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,118
    Just an update on the performances of the Italians at the Olympiad:

    IM Ennio Arlandi - 4.5/10 perf 2382
    IM Carlo D'Amore - 8/10 perf 2579
    IM Elena Sedina - 6.5/10 perf 2244
    WFM Eleonora Ambrosi - 5.5/11 perf 2068

  5. #50
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stead
    Just an update on the performances of the Italians at the Olympiad:

    IM Ennio Arlandi - 4.5/10 perf 2382
    IM Carlo D'Amore - 8/10 perf 2579
    IM Elena Sedina - 6.5/10 perf 2244
    WFM Eleonora Ambrosi - 5.5/11 perf 2068
    Is that the open team? Fielding women on boards 3 and 4?
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  6. #51
    CC International Master Kerry Stead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cox
    Is that the open team? Fielding women on boards 3 and 4?
    Arlandi was board 3 for the Open team
    D'Amore was board 4 for the Open team
    Sedina was board 1 for the women's team
    Ambrosi was board 2 for the women's team

    D'Amore was =2nd on percentage score for board 4, although looks like on tie break (rating performance) he was 4th. Not sure if he got a medal or not. Kaidanov (USA) and Guseinov (Azerbaijan) also scored 8/10.

  7. #52
    CC FIDE Master george's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    713
    Hi Kerry,

    Ambrossi is not coming the other have been confirmed and their flights booked.

    WGM Sedina will be one of the two coaches coaching for Mercure patrons during the Junior.

    George Howard

  8. #53
    CC FIDE Master george's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    713
    Hi All,

    Please note Elena Sedina is a WGM as well as an IM.

    George Howard

  9. #54
    . eclectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by george
    Hi Kerry,

    Ambrossi is not coming the other have been confirmed and their flights booked.

    WGM Sedina will be one of the two coaches coaching for Mercure patrons during the Junior.

    George Howard
    are any negotiations underway re a replacement for ambrossi ?

    eclectic
    .

  10. #55
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stead
    Arlandi was board 3 for the Open team
    D'Amore was board 4 for the Open team
    Sedina was board 1 for the women's team
    Ambrosi was board 2 for the women's team

    D'Amore was =2nd on percentage score for board 4, although looks like on tie break (rating performance) he was 4th. Not sure if he got a medal or not. Kaidanov (USA) and Guseinov (Azerbaijan) also scored 8/10.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  11. #56
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,544
    Quote Originally Posted by george
    Hi All,

    Please note Elena Sedina is a WGM as well as an IM.

    George Howard
    The IM title is more impressive.

  12. #57
    CC FIDE Master george's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    713
    Bill your a stirrer!

    George

  13. #58
    CC FIDE Master george's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    713
    Hi All,

    No there is no replacement for Ambrosi. As I have stated a few times the finances to fund the Italians comes from Mercure/Grollo via an independent stream to the tournament funds.

    I think they are happy to have less outgoings but still have Italian National chessplayers and give Mercure clients value added during the Juniors.

    George Howard

  14. #59
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wynyard,Tas
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by george
    Bill your a stirrer!

    George
    Although this may be true, in this instance Bill isn't stirring, it's simply a fact (see FIDE Handbook) that an IM title requires better results.

  15. #60
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout
    Although this may be true, in this instance Bill isn't stirring, it's simply a fact (see FIDE Handbook) that an IM title requires better results.
    My point exactly.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Australian Open Dec 04/Jan 05
    By peter_parr in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 05:17 PM
  2. Australian Open in Mt Buller
    By ChessGuru in forum Mt Buller Chess
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 05:36 PM
  3. Australian Open and Australian Junior 2005
    By ChessGuru in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 09:26 PM
  4. australian open at 2004, are posters really intending
    By Garvinator in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •