Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Nope, my assessment was right the first time - you're a racist who compulsively race-baits while projecting your failings onto others.
    Pot-meet-kettle.

Why didn't you make it clear that Walter Williams is black, like you normally do?
    I'm damned if I do mention it, and damned if I don't. There's no pleasing leftard racists like you.

Evidently, reassuring white racists that they are not racist has proven to be very lucrative for Walter Williams. People like you believe that by referring to Williams' arguments you win by virtue of the colour of his skin while he gets paid handsomely. Everybody's happy.
    Oh yeah, that's right, selling out to the lowest bidder. He makes far less than your heroes Je$$e Jack$on and Al $harpton do from their race-baiting shakedowns.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

CC Grandmaster
    I am sure if Zimmerman was killed or beaten by white person, he'd be a "Black Hispanic" and the crime would be racially motivated.
    For private coaching (IM, four times VIC champion) call or SMS 0417519733
    Computer tells you what to play. Good coach explains why.

Quote Originally Posted by road runner
    Gf you may find of interest if you haven't already seen it, Jono's opening of the Sowell Appreciation Thread, which he begins with race as almost the line 1 item
    Of course. Far too many, including GF, think that the only authentic black voice is a far-leftard race-baiting one. Sowell is one of a number of gifted black economists and columnists who talks great wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by road runner
    and the TheJoker took him to task over it a couple of posts later.
    The Joke's another uncritical leftard, but usually not as nasty and racist as GF.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

CC International Master Goughfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Pot-meet-kettle.
    Except of course that when I ask you to substantiate your criticisms by quoting the accusations you throw at me, you close your eyes in the hope that my questions will go away and I will forget that I have put you to proof. I still remember the questions, have noted your evasion and I'm sure that other members of these fora do too.

I'm damned if I do mention it, and damned if I don't. There's no pleasing leftard racists like you.
    I have no issue with you not mentioning his race - I was simply pointing out that this is your usual practice and that it was surprising that you did not do so this time.

Oh yeah, that's right, selling out to the lowest bidder. He makes far less than your heroes Je$$e Jack$on and Al $harpton do from their race-baiting shakedowns.
    Liberal black activists are a dime a dozen, so there's a lot more competition to being recognised as a prominent spokesperson. Conservatives on the other hand are so desperate to find any black person that will justify their conservative rhetoric that they will take whatever they can get. Any reasonably articulate black person who can string two sentences together has a guaranteed career path, so long as he is happy to reassure white racists that they are not in fact racist.

Of course. Far too many, including GF, think that the only authentic black voice is a far-leftard race-baiting one.
    Again, feel free to quote me where you believe I have done this. Sowell is more than entitled to express his opinion, but I'm not going to grant his opinion more or less weight because he is black. Unlike Jono, I analyse arguments by the content of the characters contained within, not by the colour of the skin of the person who expresses this content.

No doubt Jono won't respond to my request to back-up his accusations with a relevant quote of my comments and will hope that I will simply miss his evasive and dishonest behaviour. I won't.

The Joke's another uncritical leftard, but usually not as nasty and racist as GF.
    By "nasty" Jono means that I don't allow him to spout his rubbish with absolute impunity and will take him to task when necessary.

By "racist" Jono means that he is resentful that my line of cross-examination exposed him for the contemptible racist that he is and that he is embarrassed that his prejudice has been displayed clearly under the full force of the spotlight.
    Last edited by Goughfather; 18-05-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    "People with guns don't understand. That's why they get guns. Too many misunderstandings." - Jerry Seinfeld, The Little Kicks

GF is clearly racist since he holds blacks to lower standards than whites, and pretends that blacks can't be racist. But he projects it onto his non-left opponents like me, who disregards colour when assessing people. We are not in court so his shyster-lawyer tricks of delaying time-wasting demands won't be pandered to.

Sowell had a good column about the likes of GF, although it was majoring on that racist Latina Sotomayor whom Obamov appointed to SCOTUS despite a racist ruling against white firefighters who were victims of racial discrimination—a ruling SCOTUS overturned.

Equality or Pay-back?

By Thomas Sowell (Archive) · Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back when I was on the receiving end of racial discrimination, it was to me not simply a personal misfortune, or even the misfortune of a race, it was a moral outrage. But not everyone who went through such an experience sees it that way.

When it comes to subjecting other people to the same treatment in a later era, some have no real problem with that. They see it as pay-back.

One of the many problems of the pay-back approach is that many of the people who most deserve retribution are no longer alive. You can take symbolic revenge on people who look like them but this removes the whole moral element. If it is all right to discriminate today against individuals who have done you no harm, then why was it wrong to discriminate against you in the past?

These are not just abstract questions. These are serious, real world questions, especially when considering someone to be given a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court of the United States.

Some judicial nominees have had racial bias attributed to them, despite their years of unwavering support of civil rights for all—Judge Robert Bork and Judge Charles Pickering being striking examples. But the current Supreme Court nominee is the first in decades to explicitly introduce racial differences in their own words, along with the claim that their own racial or ethnic background makes them better qualified.

Attempts to claim that Judge Sonia Sotomayor's words were isolated remarks—a slip of the tongue "taken out of context"—have now been discredited by further information showing that she has repeatedly expressed the same ideas, in virtually the same words, at other times and in other contexts.

Moreover, her deeds—including years of participation in group identity politics—are perfectly consistent with her words. So too was her vote on the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals to summarily dismiss the appeal of white firefighters who did not get the promotions they had earned by passing a required test, because not enough minority firefighters passed to provide racial "diversity".

The Supreme Court of the United States found that appeal worth hearing, even if Judge Sotomayor did not. …

GF is clearly racist since he holds blacks to lower standards than whites, and pretends that blacks can't be racist. But he projects it onto his non-left opponents like me, who disregards colour when assessing people. We are not in court so his shyster-lawyer tricks of delaying time-wasting demands won't be pandered to.
    As predicted in my last post, Jono refuses to come up with the goods. Apparently requiring Jono to provide a quote from me demonstrating his remonstrations constitutes "shyster-lawyer tricks of delaying time-wasting demands". As the bard observes Jono's frothing at the mouth "is a tale told by an idiot. Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".
    "People with guns don't understand. That's why they get guns. Too many misunderstandings." - Jerry Seinfeld, The Little Kicks

The Jono Manifesto: "It's not racist if you can find a black person to say it"

Using an "extremely literate conservative African-American" as your mouthpiece can apparently cover a multitude of sins:

WASHINGTON — A group of high-profile Republican strategists is working with a conservative billionaire on a proposal to mount one of the most provocative campaigns of the “super PAC” era and attack President Obama in ways that Republicans have so far shied away from.

Timed to upend the Democratic National Convention in September, the plan would “do exactly what John McCain would not let us do,” the strategists wrote.

The plan, which is awaiting approval, calls for running commercials linking Mr. Obama to incendiary comments by his former spiritual adviser, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., whose race-related sermons made him a highly charged figure in the 2008 campaign.

“The world is about to see Jeremiah Wright and understand his influence on Barack Obama for the first time in a big, attention-arresting way,” says the proposal, which was overseen by Fred Davis and commissioned by Joe Ricketts, the founder of the brokerage firm TD Ameritrade. Mr. Ricketts is increasingly putting his fortune to work in conservative politics.

The $10 million plan, one of several being studied by Mr. Ricketts, includes preparations for how to respond to the charges of race-baiting it envisions if it highlights Mr. Obama’s former ties to Mr. Wright, who espouses what is known as “black liberation theology.”

The group suggested hiring as a spokesman an “extremely literate conservative African-American” who can argue that Mr. Obama misled the nation by presenting himself as what the proposal calls a “metrosexual, black Abe Lincoln.”
    Last edited by Goughfather; 20-05-2012 at 06:46 PM.

About time too! Obamov should not have been allowed to get away with his membership of the radical Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years, which promoted antisemitic agitprop by Hamas (Hebrew for "violence") and where Wright himself called the country Ameri-KKK-a (although the KKK were Democrats), and said God Damn America.

If any Republican had been members of an equally racist white church, the Leftmedia would have hounded him out of candidacy. But the Leftmedia and gutless RINOs like McCain covered up Obamov's chosen alliances with radical America-hating racists. Now people are surprised that he has appointed radical racists like Eric Holder to the InJustice Department.

"I'm not anti-black, despite the madness of this group."

I bet GF would call any conservative "white" a racist for saying such a thing.

In reality, the black antisemite Desmond Tutu said, "I am not even anti-white, despite the madness of that group." Tutu has also called for a tax on whites, which is also racist.

About time too! Obamov should not have been allowed to get away with his membership of the radical Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years, which promoted antisemitic agitprop by Hamas (Hebrew for "violence") and where Wright himself called the country Ameri-KKK-a (although the KKK were Democrats), and said God Damn America.
    Are you high? In 2008, Fox couldn't stop talking about Reverend Jeremiah Wright. Now these nutjobs want to resurrect this deceased horse and brandish the whip for a second round. I guess I shouldn't have expected that your frame of reference would be rooted in reality but the post was not really for your benefit anyway. If you want to contribute by demonstrating yourself to be beyond parody, then that's your perogative.

Of course, the point of that article was to show that quoting a black person to attempt to justify one's racist beliefs is not something peculiar to you. It is a technique regularly employed by those on the extreme right, as demonstrated by the ironically named super-PAC "Character Matters".

Are you high? In 2008, Fox couldn't stop talking about Reverend Jeremiah Wright.
    They were the only ones. Even McLame dropped the ball on this, and look at what good it did him.

It's only fair to judge someone by his chosen alliances. But you probably really do believe that Obamov knew nothing of Wright's racist America-hating rants.

Of course, the point of that article was to show that quoting a black person to attempt to justify one's racist beliefs is not something peculiar to you. It is a technique regularly employed by those on the extreme right, as demonstrated by the ironically named super-PAC "Character Matters".
    Or, leftards don't count black conservatives as authentic blacks. This is in itself racist, denying blacks the right to think outside the liberal plantation, as Herman Cain called it.

It's only fair to judge someone by his chosen alliances.
    Indeed. What then do you make of the fact that Jesus was not only "palling around with domestic terrorists", but tax-collectors and prostitutes too?

Or, leftards don't count black conservatives as authentic blacks. This is in itself racist, denying blacks the right to think outside the liberal plantation, as Herman Cain called it.
    I've never said anything of the sort - black people can be conservative if they want, even though it is about as nonsensical as a gay deciding that Republicans represent their interests. All I'm saying is that racist commentary cannot be salvaged just because a black person is used as a mouthpiece for that commentary. To believe otherwise, as you seem to do is profoundly racist.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Scare campaigns against incumbents very rarely work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Scare campaigns against incumbents very rarely work.
    Might explain why Romney is majoring on the economy. But what was McCain's excuse given that Obamov wasn't the incumbent back then?

Indeed. What then do you make of the fact that Jesus was not only "palling around with domestic terrorists", but tax-collectors and prostitutes too?
    I didn't see Him palling around with genocidal thugs who wanted to wipe out His race.

I've never said anything of the sort - black people can be conservative if they want, even though it is about as nonsensical as a gay deciding that Republicans represent their interests.
    Both are actually true. Liberal policies like welfare have broken the black family. Government schools have failed to educate them. Minimum wage laws have deprived black teens of entry-level jobs leaving them unemployed, and they also reduce the cost of discrimination. The free market would be far better for blacks.

Similarly, some gay groups like Gay Patriots also argue that the Republicans serve their interests better. For example, gays with guns are less likely to be the victim of gay-bashing.

All I'm saying is that racist commentary cannot be salvaged just because a black person is used as a mouthpiece for that commentary. To believe otherwise, as you seem to do is profoundly racist.
    But what GF calls "racist" is opposing affirmative action, or refusing to blame current black problems on the legacy of slavery as opposed to self-destructive behaviour.

Thread Information