Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1450
  1. #46
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    19,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Indeed. After all, they're learning valuable skills.
    That was one an attitude held back when Sowell was younger, since the employer was sometimes losing money training a green employee.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Jono became apoplectic about my suggestion that his arguments about abolishing the minimum wage were effectively arguments in favour of slavery, calling slavery the "dismal science".
    Not so. I pointed out that slavery was not the cause of wealth, but the result of wealth. A leftist economist here, Southpaw Jim, confirmed this, and said that this was the origin of the description of economics--not slavery--as the "dismal science". Try to represent opponents fairly, as novel an idea this is to leftards.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Of course, he had much more trouble successfully arguing about why slavery was not the unpalatable, though logical conclusion of his arguments.
    Simple: slavery means compulsion, while engaging in minimum-wage work is voluntary. I have previously cited economist George Reisman:
    “the difference between freedom and slavery is as sharp as day and night, even when a worker must work to avoid the pain of hunger. For even in this case it is not the capitalist employer who causes the worker’s hunger. On the contrary, he provides the means of satisfying the worker’s hunger.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    He is yet to explain why anti-discrimination laws would be ineffective in addressing the racist business owners he mentions, while at the same time arguing that racism is virtually non-existent.
    They are not mutually exclusive. I do maintain that anti-black racism is extremely rare in today's America. And I live in the American South, which once had disgusting anti-black laws, while GF is just armchair critic from afar. Indeed, my own small subdivision is comprises about 25% black households, and elected a black lady as president of our homeowners' association.

    Yet many blacks, through no fault of their own, have been brought up in single-parent home and were miseducated in the government schools. Thus they are unequally penalized by minimum wage laws that increase unemployment.

    This sort of thing was what converted Sowell from a Marxist to a free marketeer. He found that government bureaucrats implementing minimum wage laws showed no interest on their effects on unemployment by pricing some would-be workers out of the market.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    All very surprising when you consider that according to Jono, workplace laws are meant to be devastatingly effective at keeping the white man down.
    Affirmative action laws have indeed kept poorer whites down, while their benefits flowed mainly to the better off blacks.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

  2. #47
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    19,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    The free choice to be racist and discriminate against black people? You might think that such discrimination is fine, but those who aren't racist would think that this is a free choice worth interfering with.
    Can't you read? I agreed with you that it was unconscionable, but not everything unconscionable should be illegal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    You continually typecast black people are being more criminal and more lowly-skilled.
    Not a typecast, but a sad reality that wasn't true before the rise of welfare and the decline of schooling. In Sowell's younger days, black teenage unemployment was lower than that of white teeens. Walter Williams tells how he was able to have a nap in his cab at night, something suicidal now.

    Similarly, it wasn't a typecast but a sad reality that for many centuries, the Irish were more prone to drunkenness and brawling (hence the term "Donnybrook" for a big brawl, named after a place in Dublin) and criminality (why a police cart was called a "Paddywagon"). Leftards writing from a safe distance and a century after the fact can denounce employers as "bigoted" for not wanting to risk their own money on people with a higher probability of being unreliable. But the Irish leaders, especially in the Catholic Church, helped to clean up these problems, so that the "No Irish need apply" signs disappeared.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Oh, that's what you're whinging about. As I've pointed out, considering that white privilege is the default position in America, the idea of electing a white person because he was white for the purpose of addressing white disadvantage in America is decidedly nutty.
    More of your groupthink. A poor white worker or student denied a place because of "affirmative action" is not "privileged".

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Of course it might further be added that most people voting for Obama because he was black were not voting against McCain because he was white. The converse is likely to be true for white people voting for white candidates because they are white.
    Where is your evidence? Not that evidence ever matters to leftards. I have documented examples of blacks voting for Obamov because he was black, but he also won about half the white votes. I know of no white who voted for McCain because he was white.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Something unconscionable that unjustly discriminates against people of a certain race should be legislated against.
    If it is in the government, certainly, because that involves money from all taxpayers. Yet historically it has been governments who pushed the Jim Crow laws, when business owners opposed them. For all we know, these business owners might have been racist. But they were also "greedy", and blacks' money is the same colour as whites', and that's their bottom line.

    Conversely, a government has no business telling a private employer whom to hire with his own money. Let him be a racist, and the market will punish him in most cases.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Your suggestion about racist business owners being punished in a free market is simply ridiculous. It seems like in the type of free market you advocate, the racism of racist business owners is either rewarded, or at least tolerated by requiring black people to operate according to sweatshop wages and conditions merely because they are black.
    But this overlooks other employers likely to attract good black employees by better conditions. That's how blacks first became sought after in the sports world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    I would agree that your proposals that black people should work for sweatshop wages simply because they are black is something that does badly affect many young black people.
    No, but both blacks and whites should have that option if they choose, not be denied it because of minimum wage laws. Similarly, so-called sweatshops in third world countries offer about twice the going wage and better conditions, yet leftards fight against these. They don't care at all about the fate of the employees denied jobs they would freely take, because they care only about their assumed moral superiority.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Already addressed above. You don't understand the concept of racism and this why you wrongly believe that you are not racist.
    I'm the one who lives with black neighbours, supports black candidates, and buys and recommends black authors. You're the real racist by holding blacks to lower standards, and supporting policies that leave many of them out of work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    There is a reason that these jobs are called "unskilled" or "entry-level" labour. As such, your protestations about the existence of a minimum wage are without foundation.
    No, that's the whole point. The minimum wage denies too many people the chance for this entry into the workforce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Of course, in talking about black teenagers, you forget that one of the main reasons for a "livable wage" exists is to ensure that those who support family members are in a position to do so. The question of minimum wage affects many more people than your 15 year old entering the job market for the first time.
    Yet most people on minimum wage are not breadwinners for their family. This notion of a "livable wage" is based on the faulty idea of the contrary. Also, it's nonsense, because an employer is not obliged to provide a "livable wage" to an employee whose productivity is below this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    And as I shown above, your idea of the market only rewards racist employers, or at the very least approves of their conduct.
    Not at all. If they under-reward good employees, other employers will attract them with better conditions, as in fact happened.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

  3. #48
    CC International Master Goughfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    That was one an attitude held back when Sowell was younger, since the employer was sometimes losing money training a green employee.
    This only shows how much of an extremist zealot Sowell is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Not so. I pointed out that slavery was not the cause of wealth, but the result of wealth. A leftist economist here, Southpaw Jim, confirmed this, and said that this was the origin of the description of economics--not slavery--as the "dismal science". Try to represent opponents fairly, as novel an idea this is to leftards.
    I stand corrected with respect to you referring to slavery as the dismal science. That said, it doesn't change my contention that your free market arguments are essentially arguments in favour of slavery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Simple: slavery means compulsion, while engaging in minimum-wage work is voluntary. I have previously cited economist George Reisman:
    “the difference between freedom and slavery is as sharp as day and night, even when a worker must work to avoid the pain of hunger. For even in this case it is not the capitalist employer who causes the worker’s hunger. On the contrary, he provides the means of satisfying the worker’s hunger.”
    Neither choices equate to freedom in any meaningful sense and this would be even more true if we were to abolish the minimum wage as per your suggestion. It is quite ironic that you provide a quote about the employer providing a means of satisfying the worker's hunger when you then go on to argue against a "living wage" that would enable this worker to support the worker and their family.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    They are not mutually exclusive.
    So you say. Now all you have to you is explain why this is not the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    I do maintain that anti-black racism is extremely rare in today's America. And I live in the American South, which once had disgusting anti-black laws, while GF is just armchair critic from afar. Indeed, my own small subdivision is comprises about 25% black households, and elected a black lady as president of our homeowners' association.
    Bully for you. That doesn't change the fact that you are a racist and hence that you able unable to discern what constitutes racism.

    For what it's worth, I live in a town with a population that is purportedly 70 percent Aboriginal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Yet many blacks, through no fault of their own, have been brought up in single-parent home and were miseducated in the government schools. Thus they are unequally penalized by minimum wage laws that increase unemployment.
    This is addressed through anti-discrimination laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Affirmative action laws have indeed kept poorer whites down, while their benefits flowed mainly to the better off blacks.
    As Ian showed in the study he presented before, equally qualified black candidates without convictions will typically lose out to their white counterparts with a conviction. This being the case, white people really don't have anything much to complain about.
    "People with guns don't understand. That's why they get guns. Too many misunderstandings." - Jerry Seinfeld, The Little Kicks

  4. #49
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    19,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    This only shows how much of an extremist zealot Sowell is.
    How does it show this? It is a fact that an employer can be losing money in the short term taking time to train someone who is green. Sowell also points out that some of the wealthiest people in America started that way.

    He even points to his own experience. When he was young, he thought that employers were very hard on him. Looking back, he wonders how they had the patience to put up with him.

    Sowell is not a zealot but an empiricist: he wants the policies with the best results, not the best intentions. And unlike many race-baiters, he started off as a poor black orphan, and worked his way up both economically and intellectually. Many of the race-baiters were not even descendants of slaves, but were well-off descendants of "free persons of color".

    GF just hates blacks who disagree with his leftardism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    I stand corrected with respect to you referring to slavery as the dismal science. That said, it doesn't change my contention that your free market arguments are essentially arguments in favour of slavery.
    Ridiculous. Slavery means force, the antithesis of the free market.

    Furthermore, as Sowell pointed out in The Economics and Politics of Race (1983), the free market has provided the best advancement for groups that have been discriminated against. Three specifics:

    1. In the year after the Civil War, Southern Democrat white farmers formed a cartel to limit the wages of black workers, and were supported by the white racist Democratic newspapers. But the power of the market--economic incentives--proved too much for the cartel. The white employers who offered the worst conditions could not find black workers while others broke with the cartel and offered higher wages than that agreed. So the black wages as a whole rose.

    2. Four to five decades later, it was legal to discriminate against Japanese workers in California. But they were more productive than the white workers. So it soon became more profitable to lure Japanese workers by offering first equal than even higher wages than the white workers. Now it would be in violation of "equal pay for equal work" as defined by bureaucrats, but in fact the work output of the more productive Japanese was not equal. BTW, this was a generation before Japanese-Americans became better educated.

    3. In apartheid-era South Africa, some of the leading pro-Apartheid voices attacked as "abuses of capitalism" the fact that it allowed blacks to move above their "place" as defined by white racists, which were largely socialists and trade unions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Neither choices equate to freedom in any meaningful sense and this would be even more true if we were to abolish the minimum wage as per your suggestion.
    Yet as above, this has actually occurred.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    It is quite ironic that you provide a quote about the employer providing a means of satisfying the worker's hunger when you then go on to argue against a "living wage" that would enable this worker to support the worker and their family.
    The employer provides a possible means to alleviate hunger, but he has no obligation to do so. If he did, he would then be a charity. Nothing wrong with charity of course, but don't confuse it with an employer's obligation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    So you say. Now all you have to you is explain why this is not the case.
    I've told you. There is no contradiction between "the market is the best antidote to racist practices" and "racist attitudes (from white Americans) are largely non-existent. It is proven empirically by the fact that many discriminated-against groups, such as the Jews in Europe, Chinese in Southeast Asia, and Americans of Chinese and Japanese descent, have economically prospered more than those who discriminated against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Bully for you. That doesn't change the fact that you are a racist and hence that you able unable to discern what constitutes racism.
    What you mean is: "racism is what I say it is, and no practices or attitudes that demonstrate anti-racism by you matter." I forgot to mention that I have also favorably interviewed a black scientist, and another interviewed with a "coloured"
    (his self-description from a historical standpoint) South African physicist is in press.

    Conversely, you support practices that have harmed blacks, including those by intent. I've already shown that American minimum wage laws were advocated by white Democratic trades unions explicitly to keep blacks out of those jobs.

    Also, Sowell documents in the book above that Apartheid advocates even advocated "equal pay for equal work" laws to keep blacks out of many jobs. Conversely, many business owners tried to get around the restrictions and hire blacks under the table. Indeed, many blacks used to travel to South Africa from black-ruled countries, because even the evil Apartheid regime provided more opportunities and indeed greater safety than the brutal socialist dictatorships back home.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    As Ian showed in the study he presented before, equally qualified black candidates without convictions will typically lose out to their white counterparts with a conviction. This being the case, white people really don't have anything much to complain about.
    Not in this case. But they do if they lose jobs because of affirmative action. But IM's case is isolated.

    One also wonders what the employment stats would be if they included Asian Americans. I've already pointed out that this would have destroyed the mantra that banks unfairly discriminated against blacks. Chinese and Japanese immigrants faced disgraceful discrimination in America in the past, but their descendants have incomes well above the American mean today.

    Sowell also compares black academics with a Ph.D. in the same subject from a university of the same quality as white academics with the same qualifications, and the black ones earn slightly more.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

  5. #50
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    19,683
    Thomas Sowell writes in Who is Racist?

    NBC News carried the editing even further, removing one of the police dispatcher's questions, to which Zimmerman was responding, in order to feed the vision of Zimmerman as a racist.
    Fox has the full story:
    ‎"NBC's "Today" show ran the edited audio of Zimmerman's phone call to a police dispatcher, seeming to show Zimmerman saying, "This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black."

    A transcript of the complete 911 call shows that Zimmerman said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

    The 911 officer responded saying, "OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?"

    "He looks black," Zimmerman said."
    This is the NBC "editing" that he refers to; I'd rather call it twisting the facts to suit their agenda, myself.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

  6. #51
    CC International Master Goughfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,380
    George Zimmerman disparages Mexicans on MySpace page
    The Huffington Post | By Gene DembyPosted: 05/ 2/2012 3:24 pm Updated: 05/ 2/2012 11:17 pm

    Photos on Zimmerman's MySpace page show Zimmerman, who calls himself "Joe G.," with groups of friends. In his biographical blurb, he discusses things he doesn't miss about his former home in Manassas, Virginia:

    I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft ass wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book. Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!”
    Seems to confirm my view that Zimmerman is a garden-variety, Jono-style racist. More annoying than dangerous in most circumstances, but when all of the stars align in precisely the wrong way, such racism can result in fairly devastating consequences.
    Last edited by Goughfather; 04-05-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    "People with guns don't understand. That's why they get guns. Too many misunderstandings." - Jerry Seinfeld, The Little Kicks

  7. #52
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    19,683
    Goughfather ⇓
    Last edited by Capablanca-Fan; 13-02-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

  8. #53
    CC International Master Goughfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Goughfather ⇓
    You mean like when you refer to Obama as an anti-Semite?

    Of course, the one glaring hole in your supposition that my reason for identifying you as a racist is tactical, is the fact that I have not considered anyone else on these fora as worthy of the title of "racist".

    Of course, you'll console yourself in the fact that "some of your best friends are black", that you are not a racist but rather a racial realist and the fact that you believe that reference to the odd article from Thomas Sowell can be used as an amulet to deflect any criticism of yourself as racist.

    Heaven forbid that people judge you upon your actual viewpoints - that over ninety percent of black people in America are brainwashed and that black people have greater criminal tendencies than white people.
    "People with guns don't understand. That's why they get guns. Too many misunderstandings." - Jerry Seinfeld, The Little Kicks

  9. #54
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    19,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Seems to confirm my view that Zimmerman is a garden-variety, Jono-style racist. More annoying than dangerous in most circumstances, but when all of the stars align in precisely the wrong way, such racism can result in fairly devastating consequences.
    He's hispanic himself, you race-baiting moron. There is not the slightest evidence that there was racial motivations in the shootings. That's unless you still believe your fellow leftards in the NBC who edited out a crucial question to make Zimmerman appear racist.

    Of course, GF-style racists have had far more lethal consequences when they, in effect, hold blacks to lower standards than whites. E.g. not a peep about all the blacks killed by blacks, whether by criminals in America or in the millions by governments in Africa.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

  10. #55
    CC International Master Goughfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    He's hispanic himself, you race-baiting moron.
    And your point? Are you suggesting that Hispanics can't be racist?

    You are beyond ridiculous and a loathesome excuse for a human being.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    There is not the slightest evidence that there was racial motivations in the shootings. That's unless you still believe your fellow leftards in the NBC who edited out a crucial question to make Zimmerman appear racist.
    Regardless of editing, his use of the phrase "f###ing coons" would seem to contradict your remonstrations, not to mention the commentary he provides of Mexicans as found on his MySpace page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Of course, GF-style racists have had far more lethal consequences when they, in effect, hold blacks to lower standards than whites. E.g. not a peep about all the blacks killed by blacks, whether by criminals in America or in the millions by governments in Africa.
    You really are a joke. You still haven't provided the slightest evidence that I hold black people to a lower standard than white people.

    The way you seek to to ramp up black-on-black crime is truly disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself, if only you were capable of feeling shame.
    "People with guns don't understand. That's why they get guns. Too many misunderstandings." - Jerry Seinfeld, The Little Kicks

  11. #56
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    19,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    And your point? Are you suggesting that Hispanics can't be racist?
    Nope, unlike you who suggests that blacks can't be racist. Also, it's no accident that the leftmedia call him a "white Hispanic", which is like calling Obamov a "white African".

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Regardless of editing, his use of the phrase "f###ing coons" would seem to contradict your remonstrations, not to mention the commentary he provides of Mexicans as found on his MySpace page.
    Yet Mexicans are fellow Hispanics, not a separate race.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    You really are a joke. You still haven't provided the slightest evidence that I hold black people to a lower standard than white people.
    I have: your indifference to black-on-black violence. I saw your type in the anti-apartheid radicals of yesteryear: not a care in the world for the far worse atrocities against blacks in black-ruled countries than the nastiest aspects of apartheid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    The way you seek to to ramp up black-on-black crime is truly disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself, if only you were capable of feeling shame.
    Nope, you are shameful trying to race-bait about the Zimmerman v Martin tragedy when blacks have enormously more to worry about from other blacks, not from allegedly racist hispanics.

    Thanks for yet again proving my point with that cartoon. Go back to listening to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton speeches, you intellectual midget.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

  12. #57
    CC International Master Goughfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Nope, unlike you who suggests that blacks can't be racist.
    By all means, provide a quote of me saying this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Yet Mexicans are fellow Hispanics, not a separate race.
    And your point is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    I have: your indifference to black-on-black violence.
    By all means, provide a quote of me suggesting this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    I saw your type in the anti-apartheid radicals of yesteryear: not a care in the world for the far worse atrocities against blacks in black-ruled countries than the nastiest aspects of apartheid.
    I recognise that the idea of someone opposing apartheid is something a racist like yourself would find disagreeable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Nope, you are shameful trying to race-bait about the Zimmerman v Martin tragedy when blacks have enormously more to worry about from other blacks, not from allegedly racist hispanics.
    Obviously you don't understand what the term "race-bait" actually means, given you're the one trying to ramp up hysteria concerning black on black crime.

    As I've pointed out already (though clearly you are too dense to understand) most crime is intraracial, whether black on black or white on white. This has much more to do with who white and black people associate with, especially the people with whom they share intimate relationships with, rather than any particular criminal tendencies. Crime is predominantly intraracial and has a much closer association with poverty than it does with race.
    "People with guns don't understand. That's why they get guns. Too many misunderstandings." - Jerry Seinfeld, The Little Kicks

  13. #58
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    19,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    I recognise that the idea of someone opposing apartheid is something a racist like yourself would find disagreeable.
    No, I oppose apartheid as well. But I am not fanatical enough to think it's the worst fate that befell blacks in that tragic continent by a long shot. But many in the anti-apartheid movement didn't care about the fates of blacks under a black despot. Reminds me of this classic Yes Prime Minister episode, "The Bishop's Gambit":

    Appleby [about a conservative candidate for a bishopric]: He's also against oppression in Africa.
    Hacker: So are we.
    Appleby: But he's against it from black AND white governments.
    Hacker: Oh. You mean he's a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Obviously you don't understand what the term "race-bait" actually means, given you're the one trying to ramp up hysteria concerning black on black crime.
    Nope, trying to put the rare Hispanic-on-Black crime into perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    As I've pointed out already (though clearly you are too dense to understand) most crime is intraracial, whether black on black or white on white.
    As I've pointed out before, although evidence and logic is foreign to brain-dead leftards like you, there is also far more black-on-white crime than white- (or white-Hispanic-)-on-black crime. Walter Williams writes in Media Dishonesty and Race Hustlers:

    Jesse Jackson told the Los Angeles Times that "blacks are under attack" and that "targeting, arresting, convicting blacks and ultimately killing us is big business," adding that Martin is "a martyr." President Barack Obama chimed in by saying, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

    Let's look at some non-news cases. On March 14 in Tulsa, Okla., a white couple suffered a home invasion by Tyrone Woodfork, a 20-year-old black man. Ninety-year-old Bob Strait suffered a broken jaw and broken ribs in the attack. His 85-year-old wife, Nancy, was sexually assaulted and battered to death, ending their 65-year marriage.

    On March 4, two black Kansas City, Mo., youths doused a 13-year-old boy in gasoline and set him on fire, telling him, "You get what you deserve, white boy." Last summer, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel ordered an emergency shutdown of the beaches in Chicago because mobs of blacks were terrorizing white families.

    Several years ago, in Knoxville, Tenn., a young white couple was kidnapped by four blacks. The girl was forced to witness her boyfriend's rape, torture and subsequent murder before she was raped, tortured and murdered. Before disposing of her body, the three men and one woman poured bleach or some other cleaning agent down her throat in an effort to destroy DNA evidence. A jury found the four guilty, and they were sentenced, but because of the judge's drug use, a retrial is being considered.

    None of those black-on-white atrocities made anywhere near the news that the Trayvon Martin case made, and it's deliberate. Editors for the Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, and the Chicago Tribune admitted to deliberately censoring information about black crime for political reasons, in an effort to "guard against subjecting an entire group of people to suspicion."

    One doesn't have to be a liberal, conservative, Democrat or Republican to see the danger posed by America's race hustlers, who are stacking up piles of combustible racial kindling and ready for a racial arsonist to set it ablaze. Recruiters for white hate groups must love President Obama's demagoguery in saying that a son of his would look like Trayvon but not saying that Melissa Coon's 13-year-old son, who was set on fire, could have looked like a son of his. After all, the president is just as much white as he is black.

    Even if the president and his liberal allies in the media and assorted civil rights hustlers don't care much about blacks murdering whites, what about blacks murdering blacks? During a mid-March weekend in Chicago, 49 people were shot, 10 fatally, including a 6-year-old black girl, making for more than 100 murders this year. Philadelphia isn't far behind, with murder clipping along at one a day since the beginning of 2012. Have we heard Obama make a statement about this carnage or that most homicide victims are black and that their murderers are black? No, and we won't, because black-on-black crime, like black-on-white crime, does not fit the liberal narrative of the continuing problem of white racism.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

  14. #59
    CC International Master Goughfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    No, I oppose apartheid as well.
    Given your track record on matters of race, I find this claim very dubious indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Nope, trying to put the rare Hispanic-on-Black crime into perspective.
    Nope, my assessment was right the first time - you're a racist who compulsively race-baits while projecting your failings onto others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    As I've pointed out before, although evidence and logic is foreign to brain-dead leftards like you, there is also far more black-on-white crime than white- (or white-Hispanic-)-on-black crime.
    And I've explained that. What you seem to be missing, either through wilful blindness or sheer stupidity is that the prominence of this particular case arose out of the police investigation and the failure to charge Zimmerman for several weeks after the incident.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Walter Williams writes in Media Dishonesty and Race Hustlers:
    Why didn't you make it clear that Walter Williams is black, like you normally do?

    Evidently, reassuring white racists that they are not racist has proven to be very lucrative for Walter Williams. People like you believe that by referring to Williams' arguments you win by virtue of the colour of his skin while he gets paid handsomely. Everybody's happy.
    "People with guns don't understand. That's why they get guns. Too many misunderstandings." - Jerry Seinfeld, The Little Kicks

  15. #60
    CC Grandmaster Desmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The island
    Posts
    12,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughfather
    Why didn't you make it clear that Walter Williams is black, like you normally do?
    Gf you may find of interest if you haven't already seen it, Jono's opening of the Sowell Appreciation Thread, which he begins with race as almost the line 1 item

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Some quotes from Dr Thomas Sowell (1930– ), an outstanding economist, author and political commentator, who has analyzed cultures around the world, history and the incentives driving much public policy. Oh, did I mention that he's black?
    and the TheJoker took him to task over it a couple of posts later.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

    See you in another life, brotha.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2461
    Last Post: 20-11-2019, 02:21 PM
  2. An elegant triple rep definition
    By Jesper Norgaard in forum Arbiters' Corner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-06-2010, 10:11 AM
  3. Melbourne Chess Club Calendar 2007
    By Bereaved in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-01-2007, 05:08 PM
  4. Melbourne Chess Club Calendar for 2006
    By Bereaved in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 30-07-2006, 10:08 PM
  5. Minimum time control for standard rating
    By Rincewind in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 24-04-2004, 10:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •