Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CC Rookie
    HI guys,

Thought I would share a couple of photo's of my set. It is Edition 2 No2 from 1982.

003.jpg004.jpg

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Cool set.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC Rookie
    Hi,

On a similar note, I have 888 of the 25th ed. For insurance reasons, I am curious as to the current value. Nine orc's plus Gollum, original box. On-line searches have yielded little.

Thanks,

Zebra.

CC Rookie
    how did you go with the chess set? i know it's been awhile since you posted it

CC Rookie

Graeme Anthony, 4th edition 1986 chess set

imperial dragon chess set, looking to sell, all documentation intact as well. contact for more info

CC Rookie

Smile Graeme Anthony - Lord/War of the Worlds Chess Set - 6th Edition for Sale

Hi, I have a chess set that I am wanting to sell. It's one of Graeme Anthony's Lord/War of the World Chess Set No. 48 of the 6th Edition with the original wooden box scribed and signed by Graeme Anthony. I've spoken to Graeme a couple of times recently and he suggested that the chess set should be worth at least $8,000. However, two of the pieces have minor damage to them, but you have to really look for it to see it. If you or anybody you know might be interested in purchasing the set please let me know!
    Cheers,
    Cheryl

CC Rookie

Exclamation Graeme Anthony - Lord/War of the Rings Chess Set - 6th Edition for Sale

Hi, I have a rare chess set that I am wanting to sell. It's Graeme Anthony's limited edition Lord/War of the Rings Chess Set No. 48 of the 6th Edition with the original wooden box scribed and signed by Graeme Anthony. I've spoken to Graeme a couple of times recently and he suggested that the chess set should be worth around $8,000. However, a couple of the pieces have minor damage to them, but nothing that's obvious! If you or anybody you know might be interested in purchasing the set please let me know! I'm open to reasonable offers!
    Cheers,
    Cheryl
    Last edited by Cheryl Ford; 18-01-2016 at 11:46 PM.

CC Rookie

War/Lord of the Rings Chess Set for Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ford View Post
    Hi, I have a rare chess set that I am wanting to sell. It's Graeme Anthony's limited edition Lord/War of the Rings Chess Set No. 48 of the 6th Edition with the original wooden box scribed and signed by Graeme Anthony. I've spoken to Graeme a couple of times recently and he suggested that the chess set should be worth around $8,000. However, a couple of the pieces have minor damage to them, but nothing that's obvious! If you or anybody you know might be interested in purchasing the set please let me know! I'm open to reasonable offers!
    Cheers,
    Cheryl
    I will be listing the chess set on Gumtree tomorrow for anybody who is interested in owning this limited 6th edition chess set.

CC Rookie
    Hi there. Came across this old post. Do you still have this set for sale? Thank you

CC Rookie
    My Parents have one of these sets they are going to sell. Where is the best place? Think one of the queen had 30 stamped on it. Its made in Melbourne 1986. Get some pictures this weekend

CC Rookie

Selling Graeme Anthony 1st edition Alice in Wonderland chess set + board

Set number 8 of the first edition-Alice in wonderland by Graeme Anthony, still in original pine crate with all documentation and original copper inlaid board. Pieces in perfect condition.

Email if interested: sean.mathews22@gmail.com

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Set number 8 of the first edition-Alice in wonderland by Graeme Anthony, still in original pine crate with all documentation and original copper inlaid board. Pieces in perfect condition.

Email if interested: sean.mathews22@gmail.com
    So you never got around to learning chess then
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    There is one of these sets currently for sale from Ringwood, Vic on eBay. It's a 16th edition and starting bid is $2,000 with a buy it now price of $3,000. I'd be surprised if it attracts a bid for several reasons.
    (1) Pick up only
    (2) Photo quality is poor
    (3) It's listed under Games/Miniatures/Lord of the Rings (which it is not)
    (4) Artist name is misspelt in listing (Graham should be Graeme).

But if anyone following this thread and interested enough in such a set the link is here...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Graham-An...-/291831708228
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC Rookie
    hi all, just curious if you managed to sell your set. I have a Imperial Dragon set with board (chess set in wonderful condition, board however in a 'used' condition. Edition 3 Number 35 with wooden box (no paperwork however). Am thinking of ebay auction. Any price suggestions?
    cheers

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Graeme Anthony chess sets buy and sell

This is the merged thread for discussion of Graeme Anthony chess sets including attempts to buy and sell them. Please do not start new threads on this subject - they may be deleted without warning.

Directions for potential buyers/sellers:

* Post your message once only and to this thread only.
    * If you are replying to a previous post use QUOTE or give the name of the previous poster you are replying to.
    * Subscribe to the thread so you will see future posts that may be replies to your request. Frequently replies are posted months later.

Thread Information