View Poll Results: Is this site gay friendly?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

6 46.15%
  • no

2 15.38%
  • Could do with improvement

3 23.08%
  • It should not have to be

6 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

POLL: Is This Site Gay Friendly?

I have come to realise that we don't have any resident gays posting, is this becauses this site is not gay friendly? That gays are reluctant to out themselves due to perceived hostility or riducule? I am assuming of course that we do happen to have a gay posting incognito.

This is a private poll and multiply choice is permitted.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    I have come to realise that we don't have any resident gays posting
    Really?

As for whether the site is gay-friendly or otherwise, what is your (proposed) test? There's no homophobia that I can discern. Chess and sexual orientation don't intersect, so it appears to be a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Underpants
    Really?

As for whether the site is gay-friendly or otherwise, what is your (proposed) test? There's no homophobia that I can discern. Chess and sexual orientation don't intersect, so it appears to be a non-issue.
    AS no one has come out and identified themselves as gay we don't know if they feel unconfortable to do so or not. We could be insensitive and not realise it.

In chess we do have the term patzer (patsy) that could be mistaken for not being a macho man.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

AS no one has come out and identified themselves as gay we don't know if they feel unconfortable to do so or not. We could be insensitive and not realise it.
    Really? Are you speaking for yourself or for all of us?

In any event, why would someone identify their sexual orientation any more than they would identify the colour of their kitchen on a chess site?

And further, if someone did identify as gay on this site, what would that prove? That this site is gay-friendly or that the sample isn't big enough?

well it is our differences that make us unique, and we cannot celebrate our uniqueness together we are not really accepted.

We characterise ourselves as Lebs, Poms, Kiwis, juniors, macho, Christians etc but no one as gay????

CC International Master William AS's Avatar
    I have come to realise that we don't have any resident gays posting, is this becauses this site is not gay friendly? That gays are reluctant to out themselves due to perceived hostility or riducule? I am assuming of course that we do happen to have a gay posting incognito.

This is a private poll and multiply choice is permitted.
    For a couple of seconds I considered petitioning that my prefered option, "who cares" be added to the poll, but then decided I could not bothered wasting that much energy.
    A wise prince will seek means by which his subjects will always and in every possible condition of things have need of his government, and then they will always be faithful to him. Niccolo Machiavelli (14691527), Il Principe (The Prince)

A wise prince will also realise that this can be achieved more successfully by means other than rape, pillage, greed, lies, deceit or misinformation.

I think the gays have it easy on this site compared to the Christians, Mormons, Pagans, Aethopaths, Leftards, Righties, Ponting supporters, and Tromp players.

Just to prove my point Capt Duggan is requesting a handle change to Shirt Lifter, a derogative term for gays! Playing a John Laws' type role when calling gays a similar derogative name that he was taken to the anti-discriminator for. That I think Laws may have won (will check out).

But I agree with Garratt - nothing could be worse then being called Tromp PLayer, and deservedly so.

John Laws - when wrong wins

Laws wins 'pillow biter' case
    March 1, 2007

A complaint made by a gay rights activist after broadcaster John Laws called a homosexual TV personality a "pillow biter" has been dismissed in the NSW Administrative Decisions Tribunal.
    In 2004, Laws called Carson Kressley, the star of Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, a "pillow biter" and "pompous little pansy prig".
    Laws said his comments were supposed to be funny and tongue-in-cheek.
    However, gay rights activist Gary Burns filed a complaint with the tribunal, saying Laws's comments promoted homosexual men as dirty and perverted.
    But in a decision in the tribunal today, a panel of judges dismissed the complaint.
    They are yet to rule on who should pay costs.
    Outside the tribunal, Mr Burns said he was disappointed by the decision.
    "I took this action because I believe it's important to stand up and erase hate in society," he said.
    "It's about standing up against bullies.
    "I didn't win on this occasion, but I will continue in my mission to dissuade hate in society."
    In a further shot at Laws, Mr Burns said the broadcaster's "souffle went poof 10 years ago".
    Laws was on air on Southern Cross Broadcasting this morning, and was not present for the decision.
    General counsel for Southern Cross Broadcasting, Adam Olding, said the radio network was pleased with the decision.
    "The result is what we had hoped for, and what we were confident we would get," he said.
    "But we're still digesting the judgement. There is nothing more we can say at this stage."
    AAP
    -----------------------------------------------------

AC
    It is cases like this and the above post that makes site and society not gay friendly. My case rests

Capt Duggan is requesting a handle change to Shirt Lifter.
    A true lefty. Calling myself a name — and you've already started feigning someone with a clue. As a gay man, what business is it of yours whether I call myself Shirt Lifter or not? I don't mind when you call yourself a Leb (a known derogatory term).

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I think the site's policies are gay-friendly (in that we don't put up with out and out homophobia, most of AC's stupid threads about gay issues or people attacking each other on the grounds of their (supposed) sexuality.)

Some posters are a bit of a worry, and when you see AC get stuck into another poster for supposedly being gay-unfriendly you know he's in full-bore troll mode.

I am actually vaguely curious about the poll outcome otherwise I would have already canned this one.

I can happily report that we appear to have a cross-dresser in our midst and all's okay.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I can happily report that we appear to have a cross-dresser in our midst and all's okay.
    Which, of course, is irrelevant to the issue.

I never get dressed when I'm cross. The shoes always end up on the wrong feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett
    I never get dressed when I'm cross. The shoes always end up on the wrong feet.
    And you may mistake the corset for the flak jacket and bras for earmuffs
    Last edited by antichrist; 03-02-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Thread Information