CC International Master

Deletion of "check, mates, he's a multiple winner" thread

Interesting development. I would have been surprised if there was hard legal ground for a

defamation suit but why risk it hey?

Got to say I agree. I was one a little against the thread but not for legal reasons. That was just a threat to have the posts deleted by the webmaster.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    I think this should be in Help and Feedback. It is hardly Tournament News or Results.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cox
    I think this should be in Help and Feedback. It is hardly Tournament News or Results.
    The announcement I saw the news in was in that section, I only realised it didn't belong there after starting the thread

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    It's Jeo's prerogative as site owner not to take legal risks if he chooses not to. Somewhere in the huge mass of argument on that thread there was at least one adverse sentence that would have been very difficult to prove in court. Thread's been deleted for now; if I have time I'll look through it and check how much other risky material snuck through (my guess is not very much) but I doubt you'll be seeing it back.

Account Permanently Banned

Not me (your Honour).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    It's Jeo's prerogative as site owner not to take legal risks if he chooses not to. Somewhere in the huge mass of argument on that thread there was at least one adverse sentence that would have been very difficult to prove in court. Thread's been deleted for now; if I have time I'll look through it and check how much other risky material snuck through (my guess is not very much) but I doubt you'll be seeing it back.
    I don't have an issue with Jeo's action.
    And I have confidence in all the mods judgement.

starter

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    I had stopped reading it anyhow.
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    KB

See bold edit.
    Have you been able to form a metrics report on the number of posts and/or authors?

starter

Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    My eyes were watering with joy when I read that the Guru sicced the professional liars on to the resident defo man and the drama queen. The irony for defo man and me is pure. My ecstacy was so overwhelming I could not bring my self to comment on it until I had time to savour the moment that ebbed imperceivably on for days into a Xanadu of bliss.

I feel that I can now say these words born of schadenfreude without loosing sphincter control.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    the resident defo man and the drama queen.
    who are you referring to?

Think I will wait for the court translator to translate.

My eyes were watering with joy when I read that the Guru sicced the professional liars on to the resident defo man and the drama queen. The irony for defo man and me is pure. My ecstacy was so overwhelming I could not bring my self to comment on it until I had time to savour the moment that ebbed imperceivably on for days into a Xanadu of bliss.

I feel that I can now say these words born of schadenfreude without loosing sphincter control.
    If me mate eclectic was reading here he would help me out by translating the quoted post into 'English-for-the-old'.
    But since he is 'clowning around in GOINGS' I am in the dark as to what Matt's modern english means.
    I have the feeling I should be smiling or laughing.

starter

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    who are you referring to?
    BG and Jeo

Quote Originally Posted by starter
    If me mate eclectic was reading here he would help me out by translating the quoted post into 'English-for-the-old'.
    But since he is 'clowning around in GOINGS' I am in the dark as to what Matt's modern english means.
    I have the feeling I should be smiling or laughing.

starter
    My eyes were watering with joy when I read that the Guru urged the lawyers to warn resident character assassin (BG) and the drama queen (Jeo). The irony for BG and me is pure. [BG screams that I am the world's worst slaggerer-offerer, yet he is the one to have his cluster going though the mangle.] My ecstacy was so overwhelming I could not bring my self to comment on it until I had time to savour the moment that ebbed imperceivably on for days into a Xanadu of bliss.

I feel that I can only now say these words born of that good-but-guilty feeling we have when we see someone in trouble/pain whom we think deserves it, without pissing and schitting myself with laughter.

My eyes were watering with joy when I read that the Guru urged the lawyers to warn resident character assassin (BG) and the drama queen (Jeo). The irony for BG and me is pure. [BG screams that I am the world's worst slaggerer-offerer, yet he is the one to have his cluster going though the mangle.] My ecstacy was so overwhelming I could not bring my self to comment on it until I had time to savour the moment that ebbed imperceivably on for days into a Xanadu of bliss.

I feel that I can only now say these words born of that good-but-guilty feeling we have when we see someone in trouble/pain whom we think deserves it, without pissing and schitting myself with laughter.

Aha Matt.

You now reach a wider audience for your pearls.
    And I can see you are...how shall I say it....feeling happy.

starter

ps Now I guess I just sit back and twiddle my thumbs until KB comes back from GOINGS and gives us a report on his SCAN_All of the deleted/locked thread.
    Last edited by ursogr8; 23-11-2004 at 07:57 AM.

Thread Information