Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Mt Buller junior Australian Championships

Much news and views on everything but the all important Australian Junior Tournament. Anyone interested in discussing those involved in the future of Australian chess?
    proud parent

Or in discussing the appalling spelling that people have these days?

Account Permanently Banned

Here is an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by noidea
    Much news and views on everything but the all important Australian Junior Tournament. Anyone interested in discussing those involved in the future of Australian chess?
    Mrs noidea

Last Tuesday night some Box Hill Juniors asked if I knew the names of any local adults who would be attending the AJT. I am guessing, since you started this thread, that you may be a candidate.
    See me on Friday and I will pass on names and you may be able to form a team.

regards
    starter

are these questions referring to mt buller or a completely different tournament/sets of tournaments?

Account Permanently Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    are these questions referring to mt buller or a completely different tournament/sets of tournaments?
    gg''

I took it to be Mt B.

Mrs noidea had that in the title of post #1.

(Although the situation got a little confused in post #2 where she complained about poor spellers; and the title of post#1 itself had a spelling error; perhaps introspection?)

starter

CC Candidate Master

Unhappy Mt Buller junior chess

I found the website unhelpful. I couldn't even find the dates of the tournament.

O.K, O.K,
    So I slipped on the keyboard..if we can all get over that now...I know I can.
    Yes I was trying to get a thread going on the Mt. Bulla Australian Junior Tournament. I have tried to find any information I can on the "website" and have found none...on application I was told to refer to the "site" but there is no mention of this tournament. So I thought I would start a thread for the sharing of information and news and gossip re the same. No one else seems that interested, but there are parents out there who need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by klyall
    I found the website unhelpful. I couldn't even find the dates of the tournament.
    Dear Klyall
    I'm not surprised..the juniors, although subsidising the adults...don't seem to rate a mention.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by starter
    Mrs noidea

Last Tuesday night some Box Hill Juniors asked if I knew the names of any local adults who would be attending the AJT. I am guessing, since you started this thread, that you may be a candidate.
    See me on Friday and I will pass on names and you may be able to form a team.

regards
    starter
    Just what are you suggesting Starter my friend?

Dear Klyall
    I'm not surprised..the juniors, although subsidising the adults...don't seem to rate a mention.
    the juniors are not subsidising the adults in any way shape or form. with all due respect, there are many threads on mt buller in the mt buller chess section, which we are in. I would start with mt buller announcement thread.

O.K, O.K,
    So I slipped on the keyboard..if we can all get over that now...I know I can.
    Yes I was trying to get a thread going on the Mt. Bulla Australian Junior Tournament. I have tried to find any information I can on the "website" and have found none...on application I was told to refer to the "site" but there is no mention of this tournament. So I thought I would start a thread for the sharing of information and news and gossip re the same. No one else seems that interested, but there are parents out there who need to know.
    What were you trying to find on the www.mtbullerchess.com website? If you were looking for entry forms and associated documents, they are in the documents section.

If you were looking for the main contact ppl's email address, they are in the contact section.

the juniors are not subsidising the adults in any way shape or form...
    A lot of people think the juniors are actually. . .

Have we not already established this? I think noidea is on to something here.

AR

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    A lot of people think the juniors are actually. . .

Have we not already established this? I think noidea is on to something here.

AR
    and the blame for this should be levelled at a certain former poster who got the red card treatment

What were you trying to find on the www.mtbullerchess.com website? If you were looking for entry forms and associated documents, they are in the documents section.

If you were looking for the main contact ppl's email address, they are in the contact section.
    I hope I am not going to cop another bollocking for making an observation but I don't think it is that easy to find the info on the website that noidea refers to. Yes, I've been to the site but important details like dates, entry fees, rest days etc etc are all buried in a word document. I'd like to see some of that basic detail summarised on the site itself so I'm not scrolling through a big, long document (in an awkward script) to find things. Info about the juniors is sought by parents with "no idea" so it would be very user-friendly to click on an Aus Jnr icon and be taken to a page with all the basic detail summarised and then a link to the full document for detail.

Libby

PS Anyone looking for info about the Juniors is welcome to drop me an email. No, I am not an organiser. No, I do not plan to undermine anyone who is, or upset any sponsors. In the ACT we already have 35 players who have organised their transport (in various forms), booked accommodation (in a mix of venues including the MERCURE GRAND CHALET) and have looked at recreation and entertainment options. I'm happy to share what we already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby
    . . . it would be very user-friendly to click on an Aus Jnr icon and be taken to a page with all the basic detail summarised and then a link to the full document for detail.
    That's a very valid suggestion. Besides, wouldn't you want to minimise the chance of kids accidentally hitting upon the page that encourages alcoholic consumption?

AR

Thread Information