View Poll Results: Have you heard of the New Chess Opening System called The Sniper?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I have the book and DVD's

2 18.18%
  • Yes - I have the book DVD's and Foxy DVD

1 9.09%
  • No - It has not reached Australia yet.

3 27.27%
  • Yes I have all DVD Masterpacks (2012) on this vew opening.

1 9.09%
  • Yes and I would not buy a book on it because it is a bad opening

1 9.09%
  • Yes and I would not buy a book on it because I disapprove of the author's marketing strategies

6 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    CC Rookie

How to become a Fide Master by playing The Sniper Chess Opening System

Hi guys – I am Fide Master Charlie Storey the author of The Sniper [Everyman Chess 2011] –
    I would like to share with you how I acquired my Fide Master Title simply by playing ‘The Sniper’.
    I always loved playing ‘fianchetto’ Systems when I was in my twenties as the lure of a great King Side Attack in The Kings Indian, or a fantastic exchange sacrifice in the Dragon, but in my thirties I realised it was too easy for players with good memories as they would win clinical theoretical duals and my memory was just average. I looked for another soloution and was inspired by Tigers Modern to search for another way to create new ‘fianchetto theory’. I experimented with all Systems with g6 Bg7 c5 against anything and was surprised to find not only was it sound but nearly all World Champions played the Sniper! I played it in the British Championships and scored 4/4 with The Pure Sniper securing my Fide Master Title. It didn’t stop there – I was invited to become England u 16 Olympiad Coach my top board student defeated Armenias top board a Grandmaster. The Sniper was incredible. I contacted Everyman Chess and they agreed to do the book and I revealed 95% of my secrets within it. After completion of the book I visited some chess sites to promote The Sniper and was ashamed to be called a chess player after suffering some very cowardly ‘Cyber Abuse’ from some sections of the Chess Community. I did not let it deter me and after some very heavy online promotion The Sniper became a household name with all good chess players – I had made a very interesting contribution to Chess Opening Theory. I was invited to a Simultaneous at Hull City Football Club and then decided to work on a Sniper DVD Master Pack which was 4 DVDs (6 hrs) of Sniper Theory for 2012 with 2 bolt on DVD’s called ‘Winning The Won Position’ and ‘Sniper Endgame Strategy The 10 Principles’ I started selling them at my e bay shop

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Chess-DVD-Shop ... upplies-UK

and as a direct Download

http://www.charliechess.com/Download.html

and was delighted to see people were buying them and giving excellent feedback upon my efforts to make it entertaining, informative and original. After seeing the success of The Sniper and after 4 years of being immersed in Black Opening Theory I began to research The White Sniper – I approached Foxy Openings – the World Leader in Chess Video to see if they would be interesting in having a DVD on The White Sniper they did and it became the introduction to The White Sniper Manual which is now complete and available as a book manual or a .pdf download from my download site. But I didn’t stop there The WHITE SNIPER MASTER PACK 2012 was born which is 8 Hours of DVD exclusively on The White Sniper and is also available as a Download. Well guess what, I now have a range of some excellent chess educational products and I present them all for you to view here. One final thing I play regularly on ICC in the 5-0 Pool exclusively playing Snipers such that I can use the games for my monthly Sniper update which is £3 for 1 month and you can view all previous months’ content – superb value! Here is all of product range just in case you do not wish to go to the download page

http://www.charliechess.com/Download.html

which is worth a look in itself as you may want to upload some good educational products.
    Title Product Type Price
    The Sniper [Everyman Chess 2011] Book £13
    The Sniper [Everyman Chess 2011] E-Book £9.99
    The Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD £59.99
    The Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD via a download £59.99

White Sniper Foxy DVD 80 Minute DVD £14.99
    The White Sniper Manual 580 Page Book £39.99
    The White Sniper Manual - PDF 580 pages) £24.99
    The White Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD via a download £59.99
    The White Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD £59.99

The Sniper Monthly Update Website Access £3.00
    3 hour Sniper Blitz Match at ICC Internet Training £99.99
    2 Hour Sniper Analysis of your games. E mail feedback £99.99

I also offer Sunday Sniper trainning at £20 an hour 10-4 p.m. £100

Treat yourself to Sniper Mastery

Merry Christmas and Happy New - The Sniper Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSniperAuthor
    Hi guys – I am Fide Master Charlie Storey the author of The Sniper [Everyman Chess 2011] –
    I would like to share with you how I acquired my...
    Hi Sniper

I would like to share with you how I acquired the use of the new paragraph function.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

CC International Master
    What do you suggest against 1.e4 g6 2.d4 Bg7 3.Nc3 c5 4.dc5?
    Grandmaster, FIDE Trainer, 2018-19 Australian Champion

Do you love your chess as much as I do?

What is your chess dream?

Are you willing to do what it takes?

Everyone who is an expert at something now...learned from another expert.

Share your chess journey with me – illingworthchess@gmail.com – and I’ll give you my 7-Page Basic Chess Training Plan, to direct your chess training and improvement.

I would just like to check first - hopefully I won't need to do any work - I am sick of these boring schemes where I am required to put in some effort in return for results. At first glance this appears to be a far better 'no work involved, just sit back and get the results' plans, if so sign me up, thanks!
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    I insisted on checking Joel Benjamin in a simul just for the sake of it before resigning
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    I insisted on checking Joel Benjamin in a simul just for the sake of it before resigning
    Was the opening a Sniper?

Share your chess journey with me – illingworthchess@gmail.com – and I’ll give you my 7-Page Basic Chess Training Plan, to direct your chess training and improvement.

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Illingworth
    Was the opening a Sniper?
    I did a reverse queens gambit (me playing black) and I tried to rip him apart like a tin opener but it was like looking in mirror if you know what I mean
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster Sir Cromulent Sparkles's Avatar
    Hi there,

Im left handed, have never shot a rifle, dont support hull city football club and like writing poetry.

how does a bellicosely named repertoire promote my interests ?
    Ruin is formal, devil's work,
    Consecutive and slow -
    Fail in an instance no man did,
    Slipping - is Crash's law,

CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar
    Hi "SniperAuthor", thank you very much for your advertisement.

Please don't be discouraged by the rather whimisical comments by the above critics.

Poor old Grumpy Undies has been publishing mags for so long he thinks that every sentence should be a paragraph. I used to write a weekly chess column in the same way to fit in with the "readability" of the columnular structure of the newspaper. Much later on, when writing an academic assingment, I got told off! ... ("every sentence doesn't have to be a paragrapn"!)

I am sure your opening is very interesting, however, far more intersting for chessplayers like myself would be your real name and the real story of how you became a Fide Master. Who were your major opponents, how did you overcome them? When did you score your first Fide Master norm?

We all know that a single opening system doesn't make the chess master... the chess master, however, may make the opening system! So please, let us know exactly who you actually are, and the exciting story of how you became that FIDE master! That will be far more exciting than any theoritical instructive book on a specific opening.

If you say: "read the book, that will tell you!", that's fine... but why not let us know that such personal insight gems were in the book already... rather than try to present it all as the result of an opening system?

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your future chess career, and in selling your opening system DVDs, books, CDs, etc...

~EE
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevatorEscapee
    I am sure your opening is very interesting, however, far more intersting for chessplayers like myself would be your real name and the real story of how you became a Fide Master.
    His real name appears to be stated in the first sentence of post 1 - see http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=406686
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC Grandmaster
    How to Become a Fide Master? Just go to zonal
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC International Master Kerry Stead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Illingworth
    What do you suggest against 1.e4 g6 2.d4 Bg7 3.Nc3 c5 4.dc5?
    Max,
    I have 'The Sniper' book & in it, Charlie's recommendation is to play 4...Bxc3+, with his main line following the game Jones-Storey from the 2004 British Championships, where he feels black had the better game & lost the thread around move 40, going on to lose.

Overall its a decent book, although some of the sidelines are brushed over quickly (and they happen often enough in games that they should probably not be quickly dismissed sidelines), but well worth a look if you're interested in the Modern, or indeed any set-up involving a king-side fianchetto for black.

[shameless self-promotion]
    I'm also making my own video series on a line suggested in the book 1.d4 g6 2.c4 Bg7 3.Nc3 c5 4.d5 Bxc3+ on my blog http://melbournegamescoach.blogspot.com/ & uploaded the first video around a week ago. Not sure when I'll have time to finish off the series with a few weekenders, Christmas & the Australian Championships in the coming weeks, but I'll try to keep the series going.
    [/shameless self-promotion]

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stead
    Max,
    I have 'The Sniper' book & in it, Charlie's recommendation is to play 4...Bxc3+, with his main line following the game Jones-Storey from the 2004 British Championships, where he feels black had the better game & lost the thread around move 40, going on to lose.

Overall its a decent book, although some of the sidelines are brushed over quickly (and they happen often enough in games that they should probably not be quickly dismissed sidelines), but well worth a look if you're interested in the Modern, or indeed any set-up involving a king-side fianchetto for black.

[shameless self-promotion]
    I'm also making my own video series on a line suggested in the book 1.d4 g6 2.c4 Bg7 3.Nc3 c5 4.d5 Bxc3+ on my blog http://melbournegamescoach.blogspot.com/ & uploaded the first video around a week ago. Not sure when I'll have time to finish off the series with a few weekenders, Christmas & the Australian Championships in the coming weeks, but I'll try to keep the series going.
    [/shameless self-promotion]
    Thanks for the detailed response Kerry. Not long ago I played a game against Charlie where I gained a small advantage out of the opening in this line and went on to win.

Interesting thread - with a mix of very useful stuff (from CS, KS and MI) and rather off-topic contributions that add nothing to the subject.

As a guy who likes to play ...g6 I think I'll give the Sniper a go....
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Account Suspended

Studying chess openings alone won't make you a master.

While the material advertised above could be quite valuable and interesting for some I think it is misleading to suggest that by studying a chess opening you are going to get to FIDE master level.I have heard at least one well known Victorian FM say that mastering other aspects of chess such as the endgame,middlegame strategy,opening principles and tactics is far more important than learning a chess opening.Of course there are exceptions to almost everything.

Thread Information