Thread: Opening Lanes

Opening Lanes

It is high time there was a thread here for IM Gary Lane's excellent column on Chess Cafe. I asked a question on the Closed Sicilain and got a thorough answer in the latest column. He even published a win of mine!

Link: http://www.chesscafe.com/lane/lane.htm

Always features excellent in-depth analysis of opening lines/ lanes.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski
    It is high time there was a thread here for IM Gary Lane's excellent column on Chess Cafe. I asked a question on the Closed Sicilain and got a thorough answer in the latest column. He even published a win of mine!

Good one! Also features another friend of mine, Earl Roberts, a player with an original style from Kapiti.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Jonathan you are a legend! Apart from IM Gary Lane's analytical explanation of all those variations, I enjoyed your own win vs Mr P.McInnes too! Congratulations!!!
    Last edited by ER; 25-11-2011 at 07:49 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

Just a promo to suggest folks continue to read Opening Lanes. Last issue features some wild Wilkes-Barre / Traxler. An opening I played in my youth (many years ago).

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC Grandmaster

Sorry, Adamski - saw it just now.
    Well done!@
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron
    Sorry, Adamski - saw it just now.
    Well done!@
    Thanks, Michael. Better late than never.
    And Opening Lanes continues to be always worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Good one! Also features another friend of mine, Earl Roberts, a player with an original style from Kapiti.
    Jono, Earl has made a contribution (sort of Falkbeer Counter Gambit) published in Gary's latest column. Same link as post 1. See the end of the column.

Thread Information