Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CC Candidate Master

The Speed of Light

Hi yous all, I'm a new comer here, and as this Forum section is "Religion and Science, I thought we might attempt to incorporate the two, in relation to the subject, of that which can travel beyond the speed of light.

I believe, that in the main, the teachings of all the different bodies of belief around the world, are all the attempts by men of all colours, races and creeds, to put into words that, which has been partially revealed to them by the living spirit of our ancestral Father, who dwells behind the veil to the inner most sanctuary of his temporary tent/tabernacle, which is the body of mankind, the Body of the Most High in the creation, in which He, “The Son of Man,” and evolving Godhead, is evolving/developing, within an invisible inner dimension.

I am not a spiritual Son, of any particular philosophical, scientific, or religious body of belief, even though I have found the Bible to be the more reliable and inclusive of all other writings except perhaps, for the word’s of Righteous Enoch, which only re-enforces the truths that are revealed in God’s word.

I am a Son of the body of mankind; I eat whatever titillates the spiritual taste buds of my evolving mind/spirit, which have been set out upon the tables of all God’s labourers. I choose of the product that has been harvested from fields in which I never sowed, nor in which I have ever laboured.
    Those products which (I believe) I have prepared into tastily little morsels, I will be setting on the table that stands before the curtain at the entrance to the inner most sanctuary of the tabernacle of my God, and I invite all who so choose, to take from my table, that which may appeal to them, or to reject my offerings in their entirety.

I believe in an eternal cyclic universe, and I believe that this is supported be the Holy Scriptures, which must be interpreted according to the accumulated data of the day. It would be ridiculous to believe, as did the ancients, that the flat earth was the centre, around which the Universe revolved, and that the universe had been created only some 10,000 years previously, and created in six literal 24 hours days.

I believe that the word of God can be likened, to a star that's being ever brightened, by the mind of man reaching ever higher, but those who deviate, they're liars, In God' word man's mind can grow, but those outside, they’re like the snow that settles on the desert sand and will melt away before "I Am."

I believe that the Big Bang, is the most popular and accepted theory as to the beginning of this three dimensional generation of the universe, and that it's cause is to be found in a higher dimension in Space/Time, and that the infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity, was spatially separated by what is called the "Big Bang" and that this generation of the universe was determined at the moment of the expansion, much the same as your body was determined the moment the invisible seed was fertilized, and the universal body was created from all the invisible information=spirit, which is "The Logos" that had been gathered from all the generations of the universes that had preceded this one.

Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non being, and again from non being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara or the cycle of manifestation, ‘The Great Day,’ which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by ‘Pralaya,’ a dark period, which to our finite minds seems as an eternity. ‘Manvantara,’ is a creative day as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis, ‘Pralaya,’ is the evening that proceeds the next creative day. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest are referred to in the book of Genesis as the generations of the universe.

The English word “Generation,” is translated from the Hebrew “toledoth” which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as ‘births,’ or ‘descendants,’ such as “These are the generations of Adam,” or “these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc. And the ‘Great Day’ in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day.

The Eighth Eternal cosmic day, according to Enoch, has neither hours, days, weeks, months, or years, where all time is stuck together in one endless aeon, and those who attain to perfection are allowed to enter into the eighth eternal day, which is called the generation of the Light, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles, that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

The first day, or rather the first generation of the universe as we know it today, was only Light, Massive first generation stars, and evening descended when those stars imploded in upon themselves and were swallowed by the massive black Hole at their centre.

A series of worlds following one upon the other,-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it. Every universe from the first to the last, from the smallest to the greatest, which have been created throughout the aeons of eternity, still exist in their independent Space-Time positions within the eternal and boundless cosmos.

The New international Version, the Scofield Reference Bible, and the Companion Bible, all note that the phase in Genesis 1: 2; The earth was formless and void (Having neither shape or mass) should be correctly translated, “The earth became without form and void.” The Hebrew word “Hayah” translated “was,” means “To become, occur, come to pass, Be.” (Vines Complete Expository of Old and New Testament Words, 1985. “To Be.”)

A Black Hole is a massive system so centrally condensed that the force of gravity prevents everything within it, even light from escaping. But how many Black Holes are out there in the boundlessness of the eternal cosmos? How much dark matter is hidden within those Black Holes? Nobody knows, science is still coming to grips with Black Holes, which are believed to be at the centre of all galaxies, and Black Holes devour everything of lesser mass that comes in contact with them.

Our Milky Way galaxy is said to be anchored in space by a super Black hole, which has a mass of over three million suns, and around the Super Black Hole at the centre of our Galaxy, orbits many other black holes, which were once at the centre of other galactic bodies that have merged with ours.

The larger Magellanic Cloud (Nebecula Major) and the smaller Magellanic Cloud (Nebecula Minor) are two galaxies that are orbiting our Milky Way galaxy that orbits the central Super Black Hole to which those Magellanic Clouds are being gathered and will one day merge with our galaxy. The Super Black Hole at the centre of our being, will continue to grow as it devours the other lesser black Holes and dying stars and planets within this galaxy. And yet our galaxy is but one of billions of galaxies that are falling in toward one of the many massive super gatherers scattered throughout the boundlessness of the eternal cosmos.

I believe that our Milky way galaxy which is one of a cluster of billions of galaxies that are falling in toward a massive Black Hole, into which this universal body will be torn apart, molecule by molecule, atom by atom, wave particle, by wave particle, which will be accelerated down the bottomless pit/wormhole, to speeds far, far in excess to the speed of Light, were they are spewed out as liquid-like electromagnetic energy, way beyond the visible horizon of the cosmos, where this universal body will be resurrected, and to which universe, the light from it's previous position in space-time within the boundless cosmos, will take billions and billions of years to reach it's new position. Although the data to prove my belief has not yet been gathered, nevertheless, this is my belief.

If the evolution of this three dimensional world that began with an infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity which was enclosed within the fourth dimension, and our three dimensional world, had its beginnings with a Big Bang, then the cause of this three dimensional world would had to have been an entity which operates in a different time dimension than this three dimensional world and would have pre-existed the Big Bang from which this generation of the universe began.
    Last edited by S-word; 05-11-2011 at 05:09 PM.

I'd be surprised if anyone finishes reading all that, let alone replying. Something a little less turgid might be more effective

CC Rookie
    Couldn't find the point of your post but in relation to the speed of light, there was a neutrino than moved faster than the speed of light which is very interesting
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...stein-science/
    I figured out how to get a signature

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gambiteer
    Couldn't find the point of your post but in relation to the speed of light, there was a neutrino than moved faster than the speed of light which is very interesting
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...stein-science/
    I know all about it friend, also looking forward to sighting the Astroid, as it slips passed us pretty close on wednesday.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray
    I'd be surprised if anyone finishes reading all that, let alone replying. Something a little less turgid might be more effective
    I suppose it may be considered a little lengthy, but I wanted to paint a comprehensive picture of my belief, for any who would wish to discuss the evolution of the Godhead to the body of the most high in the creation, which body is mankind, the Lord of creatures and the prototype of the Lord of Spirits, who, in the invisible dimension that co-exists within this three dimensional world, He the "Son of Man," the spirit that is developing in the higher invisible dimension from all the information/spirit that is gathered through the senses of the body of mankind, Lord of creatures.

And He, the spiritual Godhead to the Most High in this physical creation, is the Lord of spirits, in the invisible higher dimension, who are the spiritual godheads to the bodies that are lower on the ladder of evolution/creation. To show that our God, is higher than all other gods IN the creation.

Psalms 82: 1; God presides in the heavenly council: in the assembly of the (Lower) gods He gives his decisions.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S-word
    Hi yous all, I'm a new comer here, and as this Forum section is "Religion and Science, I thought we might attempt to incorporate the two, in relation to the subject, of that which can travel beyond the speed of light.
    Effective discussion of science proceeds through evidence and testing of claims, not through taking scientific concepts and linking them to religious/philosophical concepts without any evidence to underlie those links or to show that what you're linking them to is actually valid.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray
    I read it all the way through from start to finish. (Although on my first attempt I could only manage picking out paragraphs here are there).

Replying is difficult as I can only guess what is being hinted at for most of it. S-word's beliefs are slightly odd but no more odd than other theists and they seem to be at least partially informed by modern cosmology.

I'm not sure if he is hinting at the Milky having some privileged position in the cosmos. There isn't any evidence for that. Sure it is widely believed that there is a large black hole at the centre of our galaxy but that is probably not remarkable and other galaxies of a similar size would be likewise. And the black hole certainly doesn't "anchor us in space" whatever that might possibly mean.

Yes the Magellan clouds are dwarf galaxies that are orbiting the Milky Way but again this isn't particularly remarkable. The Local Group of galaxies include two large galaxies: the Milky Way and Andromeda; that are orbiting each other around a point somewhere around the midpoint of the two (again not possibly anchored in space). Each of these two main players have a number of dwarf galaxies in orbit around them. In total there are around 30 galaxies in the Local Group plus or minus a couple of uncertainties.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    I read it all the way through from start to finish. (Although on my first attempt I could only manage picking out paragraphs here are there).

Replying is difficult as I can only guess what is being hinted at for most of it. S-word's beliefs are slightly odd but no more odd than other theists and they seem to be at least partially informed by modern cosmology.

I'm not sure if he is hinting at the Milky having some privileged position in the cosmos. There isn't any evidence for that. Sure it is widely believed that there is a large black hole at the centre of our galaxy but that is probably not remarkable and other galaxies of a similar size would be likewise. And the black hole certainly doesn't "anchor us in space" whatever that might possibly mean.

Yes the Magellan clouds are dwarf galaxies that are orbiting the Milky Way but again this isn't particularly remarkable. The Local Group of galaxies include two large galaxies: the Milky Way and Andromeda; that are orbiting each other around a point somewhere around the midpoint of the two (again not possibly anchored in space). Each of these two main players have a number of dwarf galaxies in orbit around them. In total there are around 30 galaxies in the Local Group plus or minus a couple of uncertainties.
    The Black Hole at the centre of our Milky Way galaxy that anchors it in space and around which all the bodies of this galaxy are spiralling inward to where the oldest red stars are gathered on the event horizon of that Great Abyss, which was formed with the supernova of a massive first generation star, which, after blasting off a percentage of its mass was then condensed into a massive centrally condensed hole, around which the Great nebula was trapped and from which cloud of dust and elements, Our galaxy began to form and has increased in size by gathering lesser galactic bodies to itself.

Just as a point of interest, the diamiter of our galaxy is some 100000 light years across, and our sun, is but one of an estimated 200 to 400 billion stars contained within it. Pretty big body is our Mamma.
    Last edited by S-word; 06-11-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Pretty big body is our Mamma.
    And it is just one of the billions of galaxies in the observable universe.

CC Candidate Master
    And it is just one of the billions of galaxies in the observable universe.
    And it is just one of billions of galaxies in our particular cluster of galaxies, which are being gathered to one of the many Great Gatherers, within Space-Time, and among our cluster, is included Andromeda, which is rushing toward us on a collision course at the speed of light and will one day either pass through our body, or merge into our body and be captured by our central ever growing dark controller.

...which is rushing toward us on a collision course at the speed of light
    Ummmm... no, I don't think so. Unless you just mean the photons.

CC Candidate Master
    Ummmm... no, I don't think so. Unless you just mean the photons.
    No, I mean the Galaxy 'Andromeda.'

It is believed by our scientific brothers, that two galaxies can collide and pass through each other with minimal damage to the planets and stars within those galactic bodies, and apparently, there is astronomical evidence of past galactic collisions.

The theory of the Big Bang, as being the origin of our particular universe, demands that all the evolving galaxies should be moving away from each other at the speed of light or even faster, but of course there are other universal laws at work also: the attraction of mass being just one of those laws. It was the attraction of the wave particles to each other that formed the subatomic particles, which when attracted to each other are then seen as atoms, from which the molecules are created by the attraction to each other of those atoms, and from the gathering together of the molecules the galaxies and all within them were created, which galaxies are being attracted to each other in the creation of ??????
    Last edited by S-word; 07-11-2011 at 08:10 AM.

No, I mean the Galaxy 'Andromeda.'

It is believed by our scientific brothers, that two galaxies can collide and pass through each other with minimal damage to the planets and stars within those galactic bodies, and apparently, there is astronomical evidence of past galactic collisions.
    That is true but massive particles (from which stars and planets are made) cannot be moving toward us (or anywhere else) at "the speed of light". The relative speed between the two is around 100-140 km/s which is pretty slow at slightly less than 0.05% (or 1/2000) of the speed of light.

A lot of people think the two galaxies will collide in 3.5 - 5 billion years. However the direction of the velocity vector of Andromedia compared to the Milky was is very difficult to measure and so we could easily miss each other.

CC Candidate Master
    That is true but massive particles (from which stars and planets are made) cannot be moving toward us (or anywhere else) at "the speed of light". The relative speed between the two is around 100-140 km/s which is pretty slow at slightly less than 0.05% (or 1/2000) of the speed of light.

A lot of people think the two galaxies will collide in 3.5 - 5 billion years. However the direction of the velocity vector of Andromedia compared to the Milky was is very difficult to measure and so we could easily miss each other.
    I stand corrected and I thank you Rincewind. I was quoting the speed that the galaxies are being separated in the expansion of the universe, and not the speed of the galaxies that are falling into the great dip in the fabric of space-time that is caused by the enormous unmeasurable mass within the Great Abyss, which is to be the prison of all those galaxies that are falling into it.

Having gone to me old mate, Mr Google and going to "The Math and Science Activity Centre," I have retrieved the following.

Our Galaxy contains about 200 billion stars. Most of the stars are located in the disk of our galaxy, which is the site of most of the star formation because it contains lots of gas and dust. (The gas and dust is the remains of the nebula from the previous super nova of a giagantic star, from which this Galaxy is created.)

The Andromeda galaxy is a spiral galaxy much like our own Milky Way galaxy but is approximately 2.5 million light-years away.

The Milky Way and the Andromeda Galaxy are a binary system of giant spiral galaxies belonging to a group of 50 closely bound galaxies known as the Local Group.

Andromeda is one of the few blue-shifted galaxies (moving toward us) at a speed of 100 to 140 kilometers per second and is expected to collide in about 4.5 billion years with our own Milky Way galaxy.

As Andromeda is some 2.5 million light years away from us, and is expected to collide with us in about 4.5 billion years, which is just around the corner, relative to one with a life expectency of eternity. That is unless of course, we are both trapped on the outer edge of the event horizon of the Great Gatherer to which we are both falling. Must remind myself to do a bit more research on this subject.
    Last edited by S-word; 07-11-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    before we know it this guy will be making the mistake that white spots in nebula pictures are god

Thread Information