CC Candidate Master

New comer's Question.

Hi there members, I write here under the name "S-word." None of my messages will be obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws, “BUT” I am in my seventies, and I am looking for a forum in which I can put forward my point of view and listen to the views of others.

I do not belong to any organised christian body of belief, and although I believe, that in the Bible, is to be found the revealed truths of the Lord God our saviour, and that Jesus Christ is the only source to the salvation offered by God, I refuse to believe in the so-called virgin birth and I can find no evidence of such a belief in the Holy Scriptures.

This belief apparently offends those who call themselves christians. I try to be polite and considerate to others of the different denominational groups, but because I believe that Jesus was born of the flesh as are all human beings and that he was given divine glory by our lord God and Saviour and is now incontestably divine, and sits beside our Father in his heavenly throne of godhead, I am attacked by these people, who then claim, that by stating that Jesus was conceived before Mary was married, I am then calling him a bastad and his mother a whore, which cannot be further from the truth.

Can I expect the same harassment and constant threat of being banned, because that which I believe to be the revealed truth in God’s word is so offensive to those people?
    Last edited by S-word; 05-11-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S-word
    Can I expect the same harassment and constant threat of being banned, because that which I believe to be the revealed truth in Godís word is so offensive to those people?
    You'll be fine on account of your beliefs; after all about half this forum's active membership don't even believe in God at all.

But I should point out that this is primarily a chess forum and the off-topic sections are mainly for users who are interested in chess but also want to talk about other stuff. If you have an interest in chess, well and good, but if not and you're just looking for a venue for discussion of religious views you may find there are many other forums that are more suited to such activities.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    You'll be fine on account of your beliefs; after all about half this forum's active membership don't even believe in God at all.

But I should point out that this is primarily a chess forum and the off-topic sections are mainly for users who are interested in chess but also want to talk about other stuff. If you have an interest in chess, well and good, but if not and you're just looking for a venue for discussion of religious views you may find there are many other forums that are more suited to such activities.
    Thank you, I am already following your advise and searching.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Seems you were a bit less than upfront with us here, since in fact you've already posted this sort of stuff on many other more generic and appropriate forums:

here

here

here

(etc)

Surely you didn't get banned from all of them?
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    you may feel at home here but I dont like to encourage you

http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=9348

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    you may feel at home here but I dont like to encourage you

http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=9348
    And why would you encourage one, who is the greatest threat to your godless religion?

I am in my seventies, and I am looking for a forum in which I can put forward my point of view and listen to the views of others.
    When can we expect phase 2 ("listen to the views of others") to kick in?
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes
    When can we expect phase 2 ("listen to the views of others") to kick in?
    Oh, I listen to them all. Some like Rinsewind come with informative and mind stimulating information, then there are people such as yourself and anti-christ, who have nothing of interest to say, and never bring anything contructive to the debating table, except for their rubbishing sarcastic remarks, which, I suppose is because the poor souls have nothing of interest to anyone else.

Thread Information