Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexrules01
    Well Cpt Underpants... I challenge you for number 3! I don't mind what colour
    Roger that. I'll take black. You set it up!
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    BOris, from 27th June till end of July I may be working all night sometimes and not fit to play during that month only. After that I may be on well-deserved holiday for 6 weeks maybe and out of internet contact but not sure yet. But we can proceed now if you and Howard can accept those limitations without me being penalised.
    Are you going to make a move or what?
    meep meep

Brian, are you OK to proceed atm on the proviso that AC may be unavailable for play during the month of July?
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Underpants
    Brian, are you OK to proceed atm on the proviso that AC may be unavailable for play during the month of July?
    Well yes the July AFK period doesn't bother me, I knew that before we started. But he's up to 2 weeks on the current move.
    meep meep

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Well yes the July AFK period doesn't bother me, I knew that before we started. But he's up to 2 weeks on the current move.
    Roger. I've sent him a PM.

I'd like to call for an adjudication in my game with AC.

I last moved on 29/5. AC has not moved for 16 days despite being active on the site most if not all days. Now has been banned from the site. Once he comes back from that one month ban he is potentially going to be away for another 6-8 weeks. I had been prepared to accept that provided that we would bang out a lot of moves before the absence. That didn't happen. I would probably have been willing to not call timeout during any ban period, if he had kept up a decent move rate while he could.

Anyway the game is on move 9 and completely unremarkable position. I have no interest in waiting a period of two or more months waiting for a move. Whether the game is adjudicated in my favour or against me for abandoning, or drawn, or nulled, I have no interest in continuing.
    meep meep

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    I'd like to call for an adjudication in my game with AC.

I last moved on 29/5. AC has not moved for 16 days despite being active on the site most if not all days. Now has been banned from the site. Once he comes back from that one month ban he is potentially going to be away for another 6-8 weeks. I had been prepared to accept that provided that we would bang out a lot of moves before the absence. That didn't happen. I would probably have been willing to not call timeout during any ban period, if he had kept up a decent move rate while he could.

Anyway the game is on move 9 and completely unremarkable position. I have no interest in waiting a period of two or more months waiting for a move. Whether the game is adjudicated in my favour or against me for abandoning, or drawn, or nulled, I have no interest in continuing.
    AC responded to my PM (referred to at #290) and he agreed to contact you regarding a personal circumstance which he explained in his PM to me and which he said would be resolved and he could play on, unfettered from 14th (yesterday).

I don't know whether he contacted you but that is now irrelevant IMO. His site banning, coupled with his previous slow move rate, coupled again with his lack of contact with you to explain the delay is sufficient to award the game to you on forfeit.

antichrist 0-1 Boris (forfeit)

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    AC responded to my PM (referred to at #290) and he agreed to contact you regarding a personal circumstance which he explained in his PM to me and which he said would be resolved and he could play on, unfettered from 14th (yesterday).
    Sounds like an excuse anyway; he had been online and posting heaps during that period of inactivity in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Sounds like an excuse anyway; he had been online and posting heaps during that period of inactivity in the game.
    I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt. For some people, it's easier to get online and dribble rubbish copiously with brain in neutral, whereas setting up (even getting access to) a board is more problematic and time-consuming.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt. For some people, it's easier to get online and dribble rubbish copiously with brain in neutral, whereas setting up (even getting access to) a board is more problematic and time-consuming.
    Setting up a board is as simple as:

* quoting a post with the list of moves
    * changing the quote tags to pgn tags
    * pressing preview
    * pressing load game in interactive interface

(Of course, you can't then move pieces around readily).

This is trivially easy for most of us but given AC's little problem in the area of quoting I can understand it might present him with a problem.

I don't know whether he contacted you but that is now irrelevant IMO.
    For the record, yes he PMed me on the 13th saying he would move on the 14th.
    Last edited by road runner; 17-06-2010 at 09:49 AM.
    meep meep

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Zugzwang-TP 1-0

PablitoI now challenge you!
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

CC International Master Paul Cavezza's Avatar
    Hi everyone,
    i'll be unavailable for a while after a finish my game with Trent. I'll let you know when I am available again.

Paul

Thread Information