Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    CC Grandmaster Alan Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Crane, Poole & Schmidt
    Posts
    3,871

    (split from ACF catchcry thread - mod)

    FFS, why did you include option 7? That's really irresponsible as a moderator.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 29-09-2004 at 01:10 AM.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

  2. #2
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    FFS, why did you include option 7? That's really irresponsible as a moderator.
    I didn't want to disenfrancise AC.

    Kevin, Jenni or Jeo can moderate #7 if they think it necessary. But that is part of the reason I posted this on the OT forum. Greater liberty is given here in general.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    FFS, why did you include option 7? That's really irresponsible as a moderator.
    No it isn't.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

    ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

    My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

  4. #4
    CC Grandmaster Alan Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Crane, Poole & Schmidt
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    No it isn't.
    There's enough shit heaped upon Israel as it is. It's pretty upsetting at times for a couple of friends of mine, so forgive me if I think it's offensive. I wouldn't expect you to understand Bonham, you have as much empathy as a soulless leech.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

  5. #5
    CC International Master JGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    There's enough shit heaped upon Israel as it is. It's pretty upsetting at times for a couple of friends of mine, so forgive me if I think it's offensive. I wouldn't expect you to understand Bonham, you have as much empathy as a soulless leech.
    Someones fired up!

    As a matter of fact the comment 'its Israel's fault' can be seen in another light; as many peope are blaming Isreal for so many different things why not this also. (it is a matter of interpretation)
    Last edited by JGB; 28-09-2004 at 09:22 PM.

  6. #6
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    There's enough shit heaped upon Israel as it is. It's pretty upsetting at times for a couple of friends of mine, so forgive me if I think it's offensive. I wouldn't expect you to understand Bonham, you have as much empathy as a soulless leech.
    I certainly have no empathy with anyone silly enough to claim that a casual mention of the Israel issue that actually takes the mickey out of the forum's most obsessive anti-Zionist equates with heaping ordure upon said nation.

    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

    ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

    My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

  7. #7
    CC Grandmaster Alan Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Crane, Poole & Schmidt
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I certainly have no empathy with anyone silly enough to claim that a casual mention of the Israel issue that actually takes the mickey out of the forum's most obsessive anti-Zionist equates with heaping ordure upon said nation.

    I don't think it was Barry's intention to stir at all, almost certainly it wasn't. However, it is still a monument to offensiveness. Naturally you in your detached way of viewing the world wouldn't be able to understand this. It's one thing for antichrist to say whatever because no one really listens but it still advocates the sentiments of what I described above. So it is not silly at all as you casually dismiss, like the uncaring entity you are. I would almost accuse you of double standards, allowing this to stand while deleting Sweeney's comical jibes. This is my final word, if it stands or not, I do not like it but I refuse to get drawn into another pointless debate with you Kevin.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

  8. #8
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,321
    It is my opinion that the reference to Israel should be deleted. It is irrelevant and can be viewed as offensive. The question asked is in no way affected by deleting the reference to israel.

  9. #9
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    I don't think it was Barry's intention to stir at all, almost certainly it wasn't. However, it is still a monument to offensiveness. Naturally you in your detached way of viewing the world wouldn't be able to understand this.
    It's not a question of detachment, it's a question of actually thinking about what someone has written. Israel-Palestine is not an issue I am personally close to in the way your friends are, but there are issues I am personally close to. When those issues come up, I might be quite passionate about them, but I'm reasonably capable of spotting an obvious joke. For instance, I'm an atheist, but when John Safran did his little rant about all the atheists who aren't smart enough to be atheists, I didn't get offended, I thought it was funny.

    Being personally involved with an issue is no excuse for not making some attempt to understand what someone's saying or to even consider the possibility that someone's joking. Especially when you had the explanatory note to help you out.

    It's one thing for antichrist to say whatever because no one really listens but it still advocates the sentiments of what I described above.
    No it doesn't.

    If you can find it, I strongly recommend you read the (very funny) chapter dealing with David Icke and his Reptoids gibberish in Jon Ronson's "Them: Adventures with Extremists". It's a very nice salutory lesson about people who go around looking for anti-semitism in places where it may not actually be. There's enough of the real deal for those concerned to worry about without making more of it up.

    So it is not silly at all as you casually dismiss, like the uncaring entity you are. I would almost accuse you of double standards, allowing this to stand while deleting Sweeney's comical jibes.
    I hope this garbage is just a poor attempt to troll. Many things that Sweeney has said that have been potentially offensive in all kinds of ways have been allowed to stand- the issue is with crudity, which is controlled on this site. As, by the way, is material that is seriously racist.

    Besides, any attempt to accuse me of double standards between my moderation and my posting would be feeble and pointless. In one capacity I am speaking my mind and in the other I am performing an agreed function on behalf of the admins. Even if you could demonstrate a genuine double standard, which I strongly suspect is way beyond you anyway, so what?

    This is my final word, if it stands or not, I do not like it but I refuse to get drawn into another pointless debate with you Kevin.
    Hmm, I wonder why not.

    You have no-one but yourself to blame for this one and would commence any such debate in a -/+ position.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 28-09-2004 at 11:42 PM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

    ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

    My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

  10. #10
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,575
    In the words of Homer Simspon, "Help me, Bajesus!"

    The whole poll was satirical and #7 was purely added to lampoon antichrist. If you can't see that there is no helping you.

    As the language is not villifying, the only thing you can be objecting to is the idea. Since the idea is obvious satire then I fail to see how any reasonable person could be offended. I'm sorry if anyone was offended but I don't think it was my resonsibility not to offend them. Really the only one who should be offended is Peter but I doubt he will call me to task on it.

    I chose to not censor myself. AISB, if one of the other admins feels I've crossed the line, then I guess they will take action. It doesn't look like KB is so inclined perhaps you could try your luck with Jenni or Jeo.

    When I posted the poll I wondered if it might start some interesting debate. I really didn't expect anything quite as banal as this.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  11. #11
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,321
    even though i did say that i think the reference to israel should be deleted, i did laugh when i read the options and was thinking of voting for the israel option as i dont think any of the others are good either

  12. #12
    CC Grandmaster Alan Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Crane, Poole & Schmidt
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Lines of masturbation
    Bottom line: No empathy, only self-righteous arrogance.

    And no, sorry, you are wrong regarding the Sweeney jibes as there is no distinction between the two - the intent may have been different yet the result was the same. The KB challenge is for you now to shut up and admit you have no clue.

    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    It is my opinion that the reference to Israel should be deleted. It is irrelevant and can be viewed as offensive. The question asked is in no way affected by deleting the reference to israel.
    100% correct. I do find it offensive, it serves no positive by remaining, hence it should be edited, not a difficult task to maintain some decency.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cox
    The whole poll was satirical and #7 was purely added to lampoon antichrist. If you can't see that there is no helping you.
    Baz, I know it was, I already said above, I doubted it was your intention, however there may be other forum readers, not just me who would be offended. Just asking for a bit of PC.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

  13. #13
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    Just asking for a bit of PC.
    And on that reason alone it should be rejected.

    PC is just pure and simple BS.

  14. #14
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40,393
    Actually, BD, your L.O.M. call was l-a-m-e - it was completely out of the original context in which the term was used.

    Indeed, the one who could be best accused of L.O.M. here is demonstrably you - making unsubstantiated and puerile psychological accusations, ignoring the fact that a difference in intention is alone enough to scuttle your pathetic inconsistency half-calls, but above all writing this:

    This is my final word, if it stands or not, I do not like it but I refuse to get drawn into another pointless debate with you Kevin.
    ... and not having the guts to stick with it for more than ninety-four minutes.

    In my experience even the greenest high-school forum rookie unwisely saying they are quitting an argument will usually hold out somewhere between a day and three before caving in and responding. Weak effort.

    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

    ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

    My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

  15. #15
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,896
    Quote:
    Lines of Peter Hanna masturbation

    AC
    In Blood on Hands it appears that the above live is attributed to me, I don't use such language and I think it is unfair that it appears as my quote.

    In this thread it attributed to KB????

    BY the way, say whatever you want about me, just as long as I get an apology from GC.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •