Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CC Grandmaster

Biblical Wisdom from the Book of Proverbs

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 1:1-4 KJV
    1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
    2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
    3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
    4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
    5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
    6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
    This book of God's wisdom and instructions on living life was written by King Solomon. God gave Solomon wisdom and he excelled in it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Kings 4:29-33 KJV
    29 And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.
    30 And Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt.
    31 For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about.
    32 And he spake three thousand proverbs: and his songs were a thousand and five.
    33 And he spake of trees, from the cedar tree that is in Lebanon even unto the hyssop that springeth out of the wall: he spake also of beasts, and of fowl, and of creeping things, and of fishes.
    34 And there came of all people to hear the wisdom of Solomon, from all kings of the earth, which had heard of his wisdom.
    So by reading the Book of Proverbs we find the God inspired words of an exceptionally wise man. These words can help anyone live a Godly life, a life which will lead eternal life.

Scott
    Last edited by Oepty; 01-07-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver

This book of God's wisdom and instructions on living life was written by King Solomon. God gave Solomon wisdom and he excelled in it.

So by reading the Book of Proverbs we find the God inspired words of an exceptionally wise man. These words can help anyone live a Godly life, a life which will lead eternal life.

Scott
    You are breaking King Solomon's or God's copyright on this, did you get permission, it may get deleted.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    You are breaking King Solomon's or God's copyright on this, did you get permission, it may get deleted.
    God not only gave me permission he commanded me to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark and God in Mark 16:15
    15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
    Scott

I will do an AC and quote my own shout in a thread so its wisdom is not lost. Anyone with an iPod has more songs then Solomon's 1005 these days so I think the bible is out of date.
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes
    I will do an AC and quote my own shout in a thread so its wisdom is not lost. Anyone with an iPod has more songs then Solomon's 1005 these days so I think the bible is out of date.
    Quality not quantity.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
    Don't bother preaching it to velvet worms. They are all atheists.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Don't bother preaching it to velvet worms. They are all atheists.
    As are most parasitic wasps.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC International Master William AS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    As are most parasitic wasps.
    And multicoloured catholic leeches.

Originally Posted by Mark and God in Mark 16:15

15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature

AC
    Adam & Eve tried it with the snake did it with an apple what Serena threatened to do with that ball and the linesgirl
    Last edited by antichrist; 01-07-2011 at 06:07 PM.

CC Grandmaster
    Originally Posted by Mark and God in Mark 16:15

15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature

AC
    Adam & Eve tried it with the snake and it did with an apple what Serena threatened to do with that ball and the linesgirl
    No the serpent did the preaching and got a convert too. Unfortunately the serpent was preaching evil not good.
    I did not know Serena had threatened to eat a linesgirl.

No the serpent did the preaching and got a convert too. Unfortunately the serpent was preaching evil not good.
    I did not know Serena had threatened to eat a linesgirl.
    ha ha hahaha hhahahhaha

CC Grandmaster
    ha ha hahaha hhahahhaha
    AC if you knew what you were talking about then you would not a implied Serena threatened to eat a linesgirl. The serpent did not shove the fruit down Eve's neck, so what happened in the garden is very different to what Serena threatened to do with the ball and the linesgirl.
    Scott

Thumbs up

Scott
    Good stuff, Scott. I am fond of reading the Book of Proverbs. Much wisdoem therein.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quality not quantity.
    The quote is "his songs were a thousand and five", not "his songs were bloody good ones", so I still think we were meant to marvel at the number (in the same way you would be taken aback if someone knew 3000 proverbs and dragged them into the conversation at any excuse), hence Steve Jobs rendered this part of the bible out of date.

Also it is unlikely that the instruments, acoustics and recording equipment of King Solomon's day helped the quality either.
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

CC Grandmaster Sir Cromulent Sparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes
    Also it is unlikely that the instruments, acoustics and recording equipment of King Solomon's day helped the quality either.
    too much feedback in those days I heard.
    Ruin is formal, devil's work,
    Consecutive and slow -
    Fail in an instance no man did,
    Slipping - is Crash's law,

Thread Information