Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peanbrain
    ggray - how much are you getting paid as the mouthpiece for mt bull 3?
    My guess would be nothing. Maybe the trolls would like to pass a hat around?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    why not wait for one of the "gooses" to lay a golden egg instead ?

eclectic

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    The deal is actually with accor hotels if i remember correctly.
    gray, I've got a piece of advice for you mate - since you seem like a good bloke (or so that's the feedback I hear about you). Quit playing Johhny 'Rodent' Howard's style of deceiving the public by hiding the truth. Just out with it. jenni's just made you look dumb and stupid.

Now about the highlighted text: do you think or do you know?

The chess public won't mind a 5-year deal with Accor mate. But they'll surely mind about a 5-year deal with Mt-nowhere.

AR

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Your ploy is well and truly familiar to us all now Kevo. Anyone whom you dislike is either a troll or a goose. But it ain't workin' mate. The question is a perfectly legitimate one.

AR

Here's another question: where's them promised brochures?

AR

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Here's another question: where's them promised brochures?

AR
    all printed and being put together tonight by George, Andrew and Alex. George has been away on Kangaroo lsland last week for work matters and only returned last night. They will then be sent out to all state associations and clubs on about Wednesday or thursday.

Hello Everyone,

The brochure mail out is almost complete from the adelaide end, i have recieved the boxes that are for qld players/clubs and will be sending them out in the next couple of days here in qld.

For the other states, can i have an indication from representatives of clubs, states etc of those that have recieved theirs or those who want brochures and have not recieved them yet.

Cheers,

Garvin Gray
    Mt Buller Chess Tournaments Organiser

P.S. Please be aware that some boxes/mailouts may still be on their way.

CC International Master Brian_Jones's Avatar

Booklets and Entry Forms arrive 5/10/04

Australian Chess Enterprises (ACE) and Koala Chess Club received their forms in Riverstone (North West Sydney) today!

Hi All,

Garvin is replying to your questions with all the information possible. He was recruited to the Organising group because of his enthusiasm for the project - his desire to work hard and his general understanding of Event Management. I am generally very loyal to people who try their best - there are plusses and minuses with all of us organisers but such is life and generally I go with the flow and adapt situations as best as possible to achieve the desired outcome.

The 5 year deal whatever it will be , will be delivered to ACF on January 6th - ACF with a new President can then take as much time as it needs and is acceptable to Mercure Grand Chalet to make a decision - time frames for decisions would I suspect be negotiated between ACF Council/Accor or whomever is the negotiating vehicle.

Certainly what has been shown is that Mercure Grand Chalet can get a group of sponsors together to support such an undertaking.

Jenny and Garvin are right when they say the number of bednights at Mercure will be important from Mercure's point of view - how much is enough I really dont know. There is a lot more information re attitudes from key Mercure Grand Chalet / Grollo Corporation people which are commercial in confidence.

If we had 18 months to prepare for this thing consultations and negotiations with key interest groups could have been prolonged and detailed but we did not have the time but my analysis of the situation was that I was prepared to do everything I could to salvage the proposal.

Back to the thread topic - is it repeatable - YES it certainly is and no the new President doesnt have to take 3 months off work to make it happen because a good template ( time will judge this but at this stage I say it is a very good template) would have been established and hopefully the set of Organisers needed for any future Mt Buller Tourneys will not have to reinvent the wheel. I and the team of Organisers have been helped by advice from a group of experienced players and organisers. We have listened to advice given and problems of various proportions have been circumnavigated as a result.

I am positive that the tournaments will be successful and that players in both tournaments will be pleasantly surprised as perceived problems dont materialise and an enjoyable time is had by all.

Kindest Regards TO ALL
    George Howard

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Your ploy is well and truly familiar to us all now Kevo. Anyone whom you dislike is either a troll or a goose. But it ain't workin' mate. The question is a perfectly legitimate one.
    Asked with the best of intentions too. Suuuuuure.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by peanbrain
    ggray - how much are you getting paid as the mouthpiece for mt bull 3? I am interested because I think george is not getting good value for his money and even arosar is doing a better job than you.
    Isn't it obvious.

The various administrators, mouthpieces and hangers-on will receive "free" accommodation and meals at the Mercure. The expense of this will be offset by the sponsorship monies provided by the Mercure, inflating the nominal figure for Mercure sponsorship without actually hurting them too much.

This munificence is either more administrators with their paws in the honey-pot at the expense of the players (as always) or, forthelongtermgoodofAustralianchess (to recall the mantra) ... you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatus

Isn't it obvious.

The various administrators, mouthpieces and hangers-on will receive "free" accommodation and meals at the Mercure. The expense of this will be offset by the sponsorship monies provided by the Mercure, inflating the nominal figure for Mercure sponsorship without actually hurting them too much.

This munificence is either more administrators with their paws in the honey-pot at the expense of the players (as always) or, forthelongtermgoodofAustralianchess (to recall the mantra) ... you decide.
    hey cinny me good mate, care to tell everyone who you are if you want to claim that everyone is on the take. How about you provide some decent evidence of your claims. Otherwise we will just ignore you and ask for your posts which are incorrect to be deleted.

If you think i am treating you absolute contempt, you are right.

. . . Otherwise we will ... ask for your posts which are incorrect to be deleted.
    You seem to have dictatorial tendencies gray. The course of action you suggest would not be wise.

AR

You seem to have dictatorial tendencies gray. The course of action you suggest would not be wise.

AR
    and neither is blatant defamation.

and neither is blatant defamation.
    cinny didn't defame anyone gray.

He was merely suggesting that the sponsorship is inflated.

The question for you is, is it inflated?

AR

Thread Information