Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Account Permanently Banned
    I have been requested to seek advice from some prospective ACF officials (given that nominations close on 8/10 for ACF positions).

1 Has any expectation been assumed by the Mt B. hotel chain re being awarded the Australian Junior subsequent to next January 2005?

2 Is it the expectation of the current ACF Executive that the next President would run a further complex of tourneys after 2005 at Mt B.?

starter

Quote Originally Posted by starter
    I have been requested to seek advice from some prospective ACF officials (given that nominations close on 8/10 for ACF positions).

1 Has any expectation been assumed by the Mt B. hotel chain re being awarded the Australian Junior subsequent to next January 2005?

2 Is it the expectation of the current ACF Executive that the next President would run a further complex of tourneys after 2005 at Mt B.?

starter
    why are you asking this on the website wish list thread?

Police. Thread Police. Are they any help?

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    why are you asking this on the website wish list thread?
    gagg''y

The cute answer > because I wish to know the answers.

The pragmatic answer > because I opened a few other Mt B. threads only to find them locked......and working from a dial-up...I got impatient.

The AR answer >.... because this is where I am posting.

starter

gagg''y
    The cute answer > because I wish to know the answers.
    The pragmatic answer > because I opened a few other Mt B. threads only to find them locked......and working from a dial-up...I got impatient.
    The AR answer >.... because this is where I am posting.
    starter
    i have sent you a pm.

i have sent you a pm.
    And I have sent you a return PM indicating that what you know should be in the public forum.

starter

And I have sent you a return PM indicating that what you know should be in the public forum.

starter
    and i have sent you a pm in reply to your pm

You gits, if you're sending PM's there's no need to post about it.. talk about redundancy!
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    You gits, if you're sending PM's there's no need to post about it.. talk about redundancy!
    BD

He sent me info. in a PM that I felt should be in a public forum since candidates for the ACF Executive positions are wondering if there are deals/expectations by the hotel chain about tourneys subsequent to 2005.
    Does each future ACF Pres. have to take 3 months off work just to become a tournament manager?

gg'' is willing to pass on detail in PMs and I will respect that privacy. But I have the opinion that others would be interested in the detail. That was what my post #5 said to encourage gg'' to share.

starter

Does each future ACF Pres. have to take 3 months off work just to become a tournament manager?
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    Originally Posted by starter

no.
    BD
    As you can now see, we are likely to only find out the details of gagged'' 's PM details by playing '20 questions' via posts here.
    starter

As you can now see, we are likely to only find out the details of gagged'' 's PM details by playing '20 questions' via posts here.
    starter
    recommends electrical currents and wires, also whips might help

All details relating to any future accor/mercure deal will be released at the national conference on January 6 and the state delegates will decide what path we take.

the current situation was highly unusual and hopefully will not be repeated in the future. There is no expectation as far as i know, that the next president will have to run a further complex of tournaments after 2005 at mt buller.

If the deal gets up, it would be more likely that some of the current organisers run the 2006 championships/juniors.

recommends electrical currents and wires, also whips might help
    I was thinking more along the lines of an emoticon that had 'pulling teeth'.

All details relating to any future accor/mercure deal will be released at the national conference on January 6 and the state delegates will decide what path we take.

the current situation was highly unusual and hopefully will not be repeated in the future. There is no expectation as far as i know, that the next president will have to run a further complex of tournaments after 2005 at mt buller.

If the deal gets up, it would be more likely that some of the current organisers run the 2006 championships/juniors.
    gg''
    Does that mean that the 2006 Juniors venue is within the deal?
    starter

I think it is reasonably general knowledge that if the Open and Juniors are successful, then there will be a 5 year sponsorship deal proposed at the National conference. I have been told on at least 2 occasions by Roman, that he understands that the ASC is a separate issue and must be run by the States in a school environment.

The Junior organisations have already taken the position that no decision can be made at the national conference, as the 2005 Juniors will not have taken place and thus no evaluation of the success or otherwise of the Juniors can take place.

I think worrying about all this is a bit premature, as if the events are not successful, it is unlikely that more sponsorship money will be forthcoming. In particular I think the Mercure would want to see some return for their money in terms of bed nights booked.

While I think the Mercure works for the open (and I have every intention in the next couple of weeks of booking a room for Shannon at the Mercure - just trying to find a (female ) room mate for her at the moment), I am not so sure that families going to the juniors find it suitable. It is not that the accommodation isn't really good value for money, just that families work in absolutes, not "value for money". In other words it doesn't matter how good the deal is, if your budget doesn't run to that level of accommodation, you just can't make it stretch. Also kitchens are another big issue for families.

On current numbers the ACT has 34 definite kids going and another 4 or 5 considering going. This is a huge contingent - by comparison when the Aus Juniors was held in Canberra in 2001, 38 ACT players took part. If other states do their part in encouraging juniors to go, then the Aus Juniors in Mt Buller will be a fantastic success. Whether the Mercure will be happy with bed numbers I am not sure. ACT parents have been offered a choice of lodge accommodation or the Mercure. While some have opted for the Mercure - we currently have at least 4 kids booked in there (maybe a few more), most are preferring to stay somewhere where they have access to cooking facilities.

Thread Information