Results 1 to 15 of 375

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680
    I have been requested to seek advice from some prospective ACF officials (given that nominations close on 8/10 for ACF positions).

    1 Has any expectation been assumed by the Mt B. hotel chain re being awarded the Australian Junior subsequent to next January 2005?

    2 Is it the expectation of the current ACF Executive that the next President would run a further complex of tourneys after 2005 at Mt B.?

    starter

  2. #2
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,091
    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    I have been requested to seek advice from some prospective ACF officials (given that nominations close on 8/10 for ACF positions).

    1 Has any expectation been assumed by the Mt B. hotel chain re being awarded the Australian Junior subsequent to next January 2005?

    2 Is it the expectation of the current ACF Executive that the next President would run a further complex of tourneys after 2005 at Mt B.?

    starter
    why are you asking this on the website wish list thread?

  3. #3
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680

    Police. Thread Police. Are they any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    why are you asking this on the website wish list thread?
    gagg''y

    The cute answer > because I wish to know the answers.

    The pragmatic answer > because I opened a few other Mt B. threads only to find them locked......and working from a dial-up...I got impatient.

    The AR answer >.... because this is where I am posting.


    starter

  4. #4
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,091
    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    gagg''y
    The cute answer > because I wish to know the answers.
    The pragmatic answer > because I opened a few other Mt B. threads only to find them locked......and working from a dial-up...I got impatient.
    The AR answer >.... because this is where I am posting.
    starter
    i have sent you a pm.

  5. #5
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    i have sent you a pm.
    And I have sent you a return PM indicating that what you know should be in the public forum.

    starter

  6. #6
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,091
    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    And I have sent you a return PM indicating that what you know should be in the public forum.

    starter
    and i have sent you a pm in reply to your pm

  7. #7
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,091
    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    1 Has any expectation been assumed by the Mt B. hotel chain re being awarded the Australian Junior subsequent to next January 2005?
    All details relating to any future accor/mercure deal will be released at the national conference on January 6 and the state delegates will decide what path we take.

    2 Is it the expectation of the current ACF Executive that the next President would run a further complex of tourneys after 2005 at Mt B.?
    the current situation was highly unusual and hopefully will not be repeated in the future. There is no expectation as far as i know, that the next president will have to run a further complex of tournaments after 2005 at mt buller.

    If the deal gets up, it would be more likely that some of the current organisers run the 2006 championships/juniors.

  8. #8
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    All details relating to any future accor/mercure deal will be released at the national conference on January 6 and the state delegates will decide what path we take.


    the current situation was highly unusual and hopefully will not be repeated in the future. There is no expectation as far as i know, that the next president will have to run a further complex of tournaments after 2005 at mt buller.

    If the deal gets up, it would be more likely that some of the current organisers run the 2006 championships/juniors.
    gg''
    Does that mean that the 2006 Juniors venue is within the deal?
    starter

  9. #9
    Account Suspended jenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,701
    I think it is reasonably general knowledge that if the Open and Juniors are successful, then there will be a 5 year sponsorship deal proposed at the National conference. I have been told on at least 2 occasions by Roman, that he understands that the ASC is a separate issue and must be run by the States in a school environment.

    The Junior organisations have already taken the position that no decision can be made at the national conference, as the 2005 Juniors will not have taken place and thus no evaluation of the success or otherwise of the Juniors can take place.

    I think worrying about all this is a bit premature, as if the events are not successful, it is unlikely that more sponsorship money will be forthcoming. In particular I think the Mercure would want to see some return for their money in terms of bed nights booked.

    While I think the Mercure works for the open (and I have every intention in the next couple of weeks of booking a room for Shannon at the Mercure - just trying to find a (female ) room mate for her at the moment), I am not so sure that families going to the juniors find it suitable. It is not that the accommodation isn't really good value for money, just that families work in absolutes, not "value for money". In other words it doesn't matter how good the deal is, if your budget doesn't run to that level of accommodation, you just can't make it stretch. Also kitchens are another big issue for families.

    On current numbers the ACT has 34 definite kids going and another 4 or 5 considering going. This is a huge contingent - by comparison when the Aus Juniors was held in Canberra in 2001, 38 ACT players took part. If other states do their part in encouraging juniors to go, then the Aus Juniors in Mt Buller will be a fantastic success. Whether the Mercure will be happy with bed numbers I am not sure. ACT parents have been offered a choice of lodge accommodation or the Mercure. While some have opted for the Mercure - we currently have at least 4 kids booked in there (maybe a few more), most are preferring to stay somewhere where they have access to cooking facilities.

  10. #10
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680

    Some light, not gray.

    Quote Originally Posted by jenni

    I think it is reasonably general knowledge that if the Open and Juniors are successful, then there will be a 5 year sponsorship deal proposed at the National conference.
    Thanks jenni for taking the time to give us detail.
    Actually, I have not met anyone who knew this was to be a 5 year offer; is that by money or venue?

    The Junior organisations have already taken the position that no decision can be made at the national conference, as the 2005 Juniors will not have taken place and thus no evaluation of the success or otherwise of the Juniors can take place.
    As you know, there are Melbourne based folk who would like to bid for this.


    I think worrying about all this is a bit premature, as if the events are not successful, it is unlikely that more sponsorship money will be forthcoming.
    It became relevant in this time-frame for those contemplating responding to the ACF calling for nominations by 8/10/4.

    starter

  11. #11
    Account Suspended jenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    Thanks jenni for taking the time to give us detail.
    Actually, I have not met anyone who knew this was to be a 5 year offer; is that by money or venue?
    I am not aware of the details, just the basic info. At the risk of sounding like GG, I think probably only George really knows all the details. I really believe that as much info as possible should be in the open domain as soon as possible. People can only support something if they feel part of it. However I am not sure that all the details have been sorted out as yet - I think it very much depends on what happens at the Open.


    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    As you know, there are Melbourne based folk who would like to bid for this.
    Absolutely - obviously states need to be able to have local based Aus juniors, so that juniors whose parents are reluctant to travel have the opportunity to compete (and perhaps be prepared to travel in the future). However the 2 are not necessarily incompatible.


    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    It became relevant in this time-frame for those contemplating responding to the ACF calling for nominations by 8/10/4.
    Well I would have thought anyone planning to nominate should just do it. If they are keen to make things happen, then they need to be part of the process. If the people standing for office don't agree with the sponsorship deal, then the best way to change it is to take office.
    Last edited by jenni; 26-09-2004 at 01:51 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •