Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    so lets get to business: is the new website coming or not?
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron
    so lets get to business: is the new website coming or not?
    I agree with MichaelBaron that the website needs to be fixed

but

imagine my surprise when clicking the link http://australianchess.blogspot.com in MichaelBarons's sig to discover, not a thriving and up-to-date blog, but a time capsule from 2006-2007. Hopefully my visit did not disturb the dust!

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

CC International Master
    Imagine my even bigger surprise when clicking the link www.auschess.org.au
    I get a thriving and up-to-date blog and find that it was updated by Michael Baron.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad
    I get a thriving and up-to-date blog and find that it was updated by Michael Baron.
    You got me sucked in for a sec! Then I said "cool story bro" (what happened to the HBK btw? - give us an "oi" son) but then again I am sure if Michael applied himself to it he could produce something special!
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.
    Fully vaccinated since October, 21, 2021

CC Grandmaster
    Imagine my surprise when I realise that the blog that I've long forgotten about (people start and stop blogs all the time) is being compared to the ACF page. Funny? Yes. Once again, all I am doing is asking a simple question: will the website be updated or not? If no, just say no ....or I may start thinking that without me returning to my long-forgotten blog - ACF is not allowed to do so

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Once again, all I am doing is asking a simple question: will the website be updated or not?
    Do you mean updated or overhauled? I ask because a lot of the out-of-date information that people were complaining about has actually been updated now (although some hasn't.)
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad
    Imagine my surprise (pleasant) when I click the Banned Players link there and find that there currently aren't any!
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Imagine my surprise when I realise that the blog that I've long forgotten about (people start and stop blogs all the time) is being compared to the ACF page. Funny? Yes. Once again, all I am doing is asking a simple question: will the website be updated or not? If no, just say no ....or I may start thinking that without me returning to my long-forgotten blog - ACF is not allowed to do so
    Hold on a sec mate! I like your blog, it has some analytical references to at least a couple of games (Portish's game from memory was the one)! On the other hand, without attempting an exhaustive investigation of ACF's site, I think that is not all that bad. We also have the newsletter with lots of news, ratings etc.

Talking about Aus Chess Ass websites, I would suggest to fellow chatters to check them out. Maybe we can have a poll for the most popular! Then again thinking of what kind of parochial so and sos you are, forget about it! I mean c'mon can you imagine a dinky di Victorian voting for NSW's site and vice versa? Get real!
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.
    Fully vaccinated since October, 21, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski
    Imagine my surprise (pleasant) when I click the Banned Players link there and find that there currently aren't any!
    Unfortunately that's another example of out-of-date content since CameronD is still in the final weeks of his ban for unauthorised withdrawal, which expires on 1 July.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 04-06-2011 at 01:30 AM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Unfortunately that's another example of out-of-date content since CameronD is still in the final weeks of his ban for unauthorised withdrawal, which expires on 1 July.
    Funny, is that the same Cameron D who tried to have me barred from CC - what a co-incidence and walk a mile in my shoes about being barred

Yes, same person.

If you really cannot work out a couple of clicks to change your signature, I doubt anyone cares about your advice on website maintenance.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

In this life Comrade Baron, you can choose between two courses. You can niggle people to update their websites, or you can have a sig that tells people to visit your own out of date website. You can't do both.

(Well OK maybe PG Wodehouse is not applicable here because you can do both, indeed you just did, but you have to admit the contrast makes for comedy gold!)
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes
    In this life Comrade Baron, you can choose between two courses. You can niggle people to update their websites, or you can have a sig that tells people to visit your own out of date website. You can't do both.

(Well OK maybe PG Wodehouse is not applicable here because you can do both, indeed you just did, but you have to admit the contrast makes for comedy gold!)
    In life i have a lot of choices and the beautiful thing is ...you can not make them for me .
    Pity that the ACF club is busy discussing my choices rather than ACF .

In life i have a lot of choices and the beautiful thing is ...you can not make them for me .
    Pity that the ACF club is busy discussing my choices rather than ACF .
    In less than the time it took you to type this, you could have changed the sig.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

Thread Information