Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    Why would *your* modesty restrain you?

I'm asking about testimonials from others, not you. That is the point (to which you seem oblivious).
    Can I accuse you of thread drift and ask mods to take action?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes
    Thanks for the separate thread, but aren't you worried about the people who don't read ChessChat? Maybe it would be worth your while sending your quote of yourself to all the newspapers and TV stations as well, it would be a shame if someone had to miss reading it.

Well Hobbes this new thread is solely due to the toilet do0r being locked in Chess Whatever thread. If I persist in other threads I get censored

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Can I accuse you of thread drift and ask mods to take action?
    You can but it would be a baseless accusation since it was you who introduced your supposed abilities as a chess coach in post #7. As that claimed seemed relevant to the thread by your own inclusion in that post how can the mere substantiation of the same claim be thread drift?
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

I guess that is a "no". Very odd for someone claiming to be "such a good coach" to not have a single testimonial of a reasonably strong player.
    The only written testis I can think are of when I was professinally teaching in college (paid good $) and the students had to assess me for the principal, they all made a point of showing me their assessments of 10/10 (actually was 5/5) - say no more and I was hired again.

Npw you return to that other thread and fight Igor, good little boy

The only written testis I can think are of when I was professinally teaching in college (paid good $) and the students had to assess me for the principal, they all made a point of showing me their assessments of 10/10 (actually was 5/5) - say no more and I was hired again.
    You were teaching chess at TAFE? Do you have copies of the student assessments?

You were teaching chess at TAFE? Do you have copies of the student assessments?

of course not, they had to hand to the principal, but everyone here knows that I am Honest AC and would not tell a lie, except when stirring

wasn't tafe but an evening college

of course not, they had to hand to the principal
    They may have handed in to the principal, but the feedback should still have found it's way to you (with identifying information removed) so that you could reflect on (and possibly improve) your teaching.

They may have handed in to the principal, but the feedback should still have found it's way to you (with identifying information removed) so that you could reflect on (and possibly improve) your teaching.
    After the assessemnt the principal called me in and said that in teaching you either pick it up quickly and survive or sink and that I did very well. When I think of it he came and attended for a while to check me out. You are getting as finicky as your mate KB, hope it is not contageous.

Npw you return to that other thread and fight Igor, good little boy
    "Written testis"? - another LOL from AC on this thread!
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Thread Information