Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    CC Candidate Master

Noble Park Open Day

Come one, come all. Noble Park Chess Club is looking forward to a 2012, full of exciting events and LOTS of chess. To kick it off, we have our Open Day on 4th February at 3PM followed by the start of our club championship on 11th February.

Last edited by Z&MLoh; 15-01-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z&MLoh
    Come one, come all. Noble Park Chess Club is looking forward to a 2012, full of exciting events and LOTS of chess. To kick it off, we have our Open Day on 4th February at 3PM followed by the start of our club championship on 11th February.

Looking forward to it Michael.
    Cheers from the Noble Park Chess Club contingent in Queenstown!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JaK
    Looking forward to it Michael.
    Cheers from the Noble Park Chess Club contingent in Queenstown!
    GOOD LUCK to the Noble Park Chess Club contingent (especially to you, Elliott!) in Queenstown ! Aus Juniors top board match today is an NPCC affair

Quote Originally Posted by Kai
    GOOD LUCK to the Noble Park Chess Club contingent (especially to you, Elliott!) in Queenstown ! Aus Juniors top board match today is an NPCC affair
    Thanks Kai, I will need all the possible luck I can get! I am the only member of our household who has yet to contribute even a fraction of a point to the team!

On a brighter side, we are having a lovely time here!

For me the day begins with an early sightseeing tour - so many places to go and things to see!

Every evening after dinner we get together and analyse our games of the day!

Then the boys plan their preparation schedule for next day (today Dom and Dusan are playing against GMs)!

Some of our discussions revolve around Noble Park Chess Club and its bright future!

• The junior coaching classes,
    • The news bulletin
    • Planning our inaugural weekender

are amongst the topics we discuss enthusiastially here!

Don't forget I share with the Club's President and Treasurer here, so I obtain first hand information!

Best of luck to Justin, Zach and all our youngsters who participate in the Aus Junior Champs!

See you all back in Melbourne (that's if my application for permanent residence status is not accepted!)

Queenstown is a magnificent place!
    Last edited by ER; 17-01-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

CC FIDE Master
    I'm not allowed to bungyjump, so 3 years ago I tried to paraglide...

Enjoy JAK. Both Queenstown and the chess.

Dusan did it!

Quote Originally Posted by machomortensen
    I'm not allowed to bungyjump, so 3 years ago I tried to paraglide...

Enjoy JAK. Both Queenstown and the chess.
    Thanks Henrik!

I am enjoying this place so much, I will try to extend my staying here by at least another week.

Our friend Stephen Lukey, who shares a house with Dusan Stojic, Domagoj Dragicevic and myself, took us for a visit to Arrowtown today and after some wonderful countryside sightseing, we reached the famous Kawarau Bridge and the bungy jumps place!

"I 'll do it!" said Dusan in the spirit of the moment

And he did! (please everyone don't tell his mum)!

He received a thunderous applause by our Noble Park Chess Club contingent and lots of other spectators, as well as a wonderful photographic album with pictures from all the stages before and after the jump!
    Last edited by ER; 18-01-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

CC FIDE Master
    There is an interesting historical museum in Arrowtown which I liked.

Well done Dusan. I wish I was allowed...

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JaK
    Thanks Henrik!

I am enjoying this place so much, I will try to extend my staying here by at least another week.

Our friend Stephen Lukey, who shares a house with Dusan Stojic, Domagoj Dragicevic and myself, took us for a visit to Arrowtown today and after some wonderful countryside sightseing, we reached the famous Kawarau Bridge and the bungy jumps place!

"I 'll do it!" said Dusan in the spirit of the moment

And he did! (please everyone don't tell his mum)!

He received a thunderous applause by our Noble Park Chess Club contingent and lots of other spectators, as well as a wonderful photographic album with pictures from all the stages before and after the jump!
    Hi Dusan, make sure you submit the photo to Mike for our next newsletter! I bet no other chess club newsletter can boast of a photo of their club president doing a bungee jump!

Good luck to the "NPCC house" and all our club members for the next round!

CC Candidate Master
    Hi Dusan, make sure you submit the photo to Mike for our next newsletter! I bet no other chess club newsletter can boast of a photo of their club president doing a bungee jump!

Good luck to the "NPCC house" and all our club members for the next round!

Hi Kai. Will do - I'm sure that the newsletter will again look great, with the Queenstown and Aus Junior Ch sections!

In Queenstown we (NPCC) have Dom, JaK, Karl Zelesco and Chris Wallis (who is doing brilliantly so far ).

Good luck to all our juniors!!!
    Justin Tan, Zach Loh, Savithri Narenthran, Ege Girgin, Baris Girgin, Carl Dingfelder, Jimmy Ying, and everyone else to whom I apologise for not noticing

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusan
    Hi Kai. Will do - I'm sure that the newsletter will again look great, with the Queenstown and Aus Junior Ch sections!

In Queenstown we (NPCC) have Dom, JaK, Karl Zelesco and Chris Wallis (who is doing brilliantly so far ).

Good luck to all our juniors!!!
    Justin Tan, Zach Loh, Savithri Narenthran, Ege Girgin, Baris Girgin, Carl Dingfelder, Jimmy Ying, and everyone else to whom I apologise for not noticing
    Thanks Dusan - but you have left out Laurence in Queenstown ! I understand he is going to be part of our team for our open day too!

CC Candidate Master
    Thanks Dusan - but you have left out Laurence in Queenstown ! I understand he is going to be part of our team for our open day too!
    Ah, how could I forget Laurence - one of our strongest players!

The 'NPCC house' (with Stephen Lukey as the 'honourary member') had a bad day today, with the only point to Dom who beat Bobby !

CC Candidate Master

New Noble Park Chess Club website

Noble Park Chess Club is proud to announce that we have a new website. Brand new look, lots of features and photos. Check it out and let us know what you think. Same URL (www.nobleparkchess.org.au). Click the picture below to take you to the site. Please make sure your browser has not disabled javascript.

Regards,
    Mike Loh

PS
    Happy Chinese New Year. It's the year of the dragon.

CC Candidate Master

Noble Park Open Day

And check out our new website while you are at it: Noble Park Chess Club - home
    Last edited by Z&MLoh; 29-01-2012 at 09:22 AM.

CC Candidate Master

Noble Park CC Blog and Facebook

Great news! Noble Park Chess Club has updated its website to include a blog. This will make it easier for the club to post news on the website for club members. Also you will now be able to send us feedback by commenting on the posts. At the bottom of each post just click the comments hyperlink.Remember to refresh your browser for the new layout to work. As a reminder, the Noble Park Chess Club website is http://www.nobleparkchess.org.au

Noble Park Chess Club is also trialling the use of Facebook. Become a friend of Noble Park Chess Club. Click the link below.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noble-...38442009511594

Good work Michael! See you Saturday!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Thread Information