Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    CC FIDE Master

Noble Park Chess Club news

Hi all,

Noble Park Chess Club has started publishing newsletters. For our first newsletter, go to www.nobleparkchess.org.au, and the newsletter is on the right hand side of the page featuring news, photos games annotated by players, player profiles The club will have newsletters on regular basis, second newsletter is scheduled to be released on April 9.

Enjoy the read.

CC Candidate Master

Games in the newsletter

And here are the games in the Noble Park Chess Club newsletter in playable format:

Event: 2011 Noble Park Club Championship
    Site: Noble Park Chess Club
    Date: 2011.02.12
    Round: 2.4
    White: Tan, Justin
    Black: Rashid, Abdulwahab
    Result: 1-0
    ECO: C10
    WhiteElo: 2067
    BlackElo: 1826
    Annotator: Justin
    PlyCount: 51
    EventDate: 2011.02.05
    EventCountry: AUS

PGN Viewer

Event: 2011 Noble Park Club Championship
    Site: Noble Park Chess Club
    Date: 2011.02.19
    Round: 3.1
    White: Wallis, Chris
    Black: Tan, Justin
    ECO: C95
    Annotator: Wallis,Chris
    PlyCount: 89
    EventDate: 2011.02.05

PGN Viewer

Event: 2010 MCC Melbourne Cup Weekender
    Site: MCC
    Date: 2010.11.01
    Round: 6.1
    White: Dragicevic, D.
    Black: Solomon, S.
    ECO: A28
    WhiteElo: 2114
    Annotator: Dragicevic,Domagoj
    PlyCount: 61
    EventDate: 2010.10.29
    TimeControl: 300

PGN Viewer

Last edited by Z&MLoh; 24-04-2013 at 10:50 AM.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by D Dragicevic
    Hi all,

Noble Park Chess Club has started publishing newsletters. For our first newsletter, go to www.nobleparkchess.org.au, and the newsletter is on the right hand side of the page featuring news, photos games annotated by players, player profiles The club will have newsletters on regular basis, second newsletter is scheduled to be released on April 9.

Enjoy the read.
    Or click this link.

CC Rookie
    Great job with the newsletter Mike; it looks very professional indeed and I enjoyed the read. I look forward to the next one.

CC FIDE Master
    The newsletter has received great feedback. Next newsletter is scheduled for April 9.

CC Candidate Master

Noble Park Chess Club Open Day

Come one, come all! We promise you'll have a great time - meet old friends, play some chess and free food! What more can you ask for?
    Last edited by Z&MLoh; 02-04-2011 at 10:32 PM.

NPCC newsletter

I am absolutely enthused with the inaugural issue of the Club's newsletter!
    Michael Loh's excellent work includes amongst other topics, presentation of all latest Noble Park Chess Club's news, lovely photos, game analysis and a very informative interview with the Club's stalwart Domagoj Dragicevic!

http://www.nobleparkchess.org.au/fil...etter01(4).pdf

I look forward to read the second issue which will be presented soon!
    Excellent work Noble Park Chess Club!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

A very impressive presence of the Noble Park Chess Club in 2011 Dandenong's GameOn Sport and Cultural Day festivities.

I went fishing early in the day and it was reallyh cold early in the morning so I had warm clothes on! Later on I had to suffer since we had a very hot day in Victoria, but the visit to the Club's stand more than contributed to me cooling down and actually having a great day of chess and meeting old and new friends!

I was giving specific intstuctions by the gentleman at Yarraman Station: "Follow the track from the Railway Bridge and you can't miss it"!
    But me being me, when I reached the following position....

I decided to discover my own shortcut so I ended up here ...

As you might have noticed from my other photographic adventures I have an uncanny ability to discover water but unless I was ready to swim across, no chance to locate the festival grounds this way... So I had to go back!

After some more wondering around delightful creeks and beautiful Greeves Resort locations ....

the friendly face of my friend Michael Loh (Zach's dad) appeared as he was revealing the marvels of chess to some young enthusiasts in the indoor sports complex reception!

Inside it was another story... Here is FM Dusan Stojic vs Zach Loh in the simul!

Facing Dusan and Domagoj Dragicevic the participants did not have an easy task but they learned a lot from the experience and let's hope that they will join Noble Park Chess Club soon!

In conclusion it was a great day. I met Mrs and Mr Stojic (parents of Dusan and Svetozar) whom I hadn't seen for a long time and Mrs Loh (Zach's mum)! They all looked great and enjoyed the day! On the way back, miles away from the venue, I also met Mr and Mrs Mijatovic who had taken out for a pleasant sunny Sunday afternoon outing their beautiful granddaughter!
    Last edited by ER; 21-03-2011 at 12:39 AM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

CC International Master

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Good on you Noble Park.

You have taken two of our Box Hill ideas and and are doing them well.

You will notice the increase in membership although this may take time.

Other clubs should do the same.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JaK
    A very impressive presence of the Noble Park Chess Club in 2011 Dandenong's GameOn Sport and Cultural Day festivities.

I went fishing early in the day and it was really cold early in the morning so I had warm clothes on! Later on I had to suffer since we had a very hot day in Victoria, but the visit to the Club's stand more than contributed to me cooling down and actually having a great day of chess and meeting old and new friends!

I was giving specific instructions by the gentleman at Yarraman Station: "Follow the track from the Railway Bridge and you can't miss it"!
    But me being me, when I reached the following position....

<Image>

I decided to discover my own shortcut so I ended up here ...

<Image>

As you might have noticed from my other photographic adventures I have an uncanny ability to discover water but unless I was ready to swim across, no chance to locate the festival grounds this way... So I had to go back!

After some more wondering around delightful creeks and beautiful Greeves Resort locations ....

<Image>

the friendly face of my friend Michael Loh (Zach's dad) appeared as he was revealing the marvels of chess to some young enthusiasts in the indoor sports complex reception!

<Image>

Inside it was another story... Here is FM Dusan Stojic vs Zach Loh in the simul!

<Image>

Facing Dusan and Domagoj Dragicevic the participants did not have an easy task but they learned a lot from the experience and let's hope that they will join Noble Park Chess Club soon!

<Image>

In conclusion it was a great day. I met Mrs and Mr Stojic (parents of Dusan and Svetozar) whom I hadn't seen for a long time and Mrs Loh (Zach's mum)! They all looked great and enjoyed the day! On the way back, miles away from the venue, I also met Mr and Mrs Mijatovic who had taken out for a pleasant sunny Sunday afternoon outing their beautiful granddaughter!
    JaK,
    Thanks for your kind words, especially the bit about "revealing the marvels of chess". I know the moves - that's about it . We were so caught up with meeting people and playing chess that we didn't take many photos. Space permitting, could we use one or two of your simul photos for our next newsletter?

Like you said, it was a great day out - we had about approx 50 people had come in, taken flyers and been part of the simul in the couple of hours that we were at the Dandenong Showgrounds. Dusan estimated he and Dom had played about 30. We had great feedback also; a lady said "What an honour!" when we explained that she's playing the current Joint Victorian Champion.

Just doing our bit to build chess awareness in the Greater Dandenong community. Our vision is to bring people of all ages and background together through the game of chess.

Mike

PS
    If you think the inaugural issue is great, wait till you see the April 9 issue. It is 60% done and we are very excited about it.
    Last edited by Z&MLoh; 21-03-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z&MLoh
    JaK,
    ... Space permitting, could we use one or two of your simul photos for our next newsletter?
    Michael
    Of course you can use my pics for any purpose you see fit! Actually if you PM me your email, I can send you a couple of more pictures from Sunday which I did not include in the report!
    Cheers and good luck!

PS As I have already explained to Domagoj, I look forward for the time when I will be able to join the Club again!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

CC FIDE Master
    Just a reminder that this Saturday, 2nd April from 3-6 we are having our Open day. So come along and play a simul against two current joint Victorian Champions, FM Chris Wallis and FM Dusan Stojic. There are some prizes to win for beating either of them.

Also, free food and drinks will be provided.

Starting at 3 pm increases my chances of coming down and take some pictures for the thread...
    In the picture two personalities from Noble Park Chess Club from their last night's encounter at the MCC:
    Domagoj Dragicevic vs Dusan Stojic!

Apologies for not having another picture from your point of view as well Dusan but I came twice around trying to photograph you and you kept on covering your face with your hand! next time ok?
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

CC FIDE Master
    [QUOTE=JaK]Starting at 3 pm increases my chances of coming down and take some pictures for the thread...

Well, you can come anytime between 3 and 6, and take as many pictures as you like. It will be good to see you again at the club.

CC FIDE Master
    Ok, so a reminder about our Open day, this Saturday from 3-6. come along, and enjoy friendly games, some blitz, and a simul with FM's Chris Wallis and Dusan Stojic. Movie tickets, chess books and free tournament entries will be given as prizes on the day. Plus there will be food and drinks provided.

Thread Information