Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    I do not see how these events that happened in 1800's should lead to abolishion/movement of date for Australia Day. ...
    Should an event that happened in the 1700s decide the date of Australia Day

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    I think there should be a multifaceted approach. For completely ungrateful and rude people like yourself there should be no Australia, the Aboriginal community holds a trial to decide your residency. For common decent people they should self regulate their birth to only one child per family to a point when the Aborigines are happy with the population and the condition of the country. Aborigines are a lot more environmentally conscious than white folk.
    Who will pay taxes? who will work? the ''ungrateful people''? . Where will they hold trial? in front of Centerlink office? I am not ''white folk'' btw - Me is ME ...not hiding behind any race or background. - Just another Citizen with same rights as everyone else!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Should an event that happened in the 1700s decide the date of Australia Day
    Should any other date from 1700's decide if not this one? .
    Its not about a date, its about people living in Australia recognising that all of us are firstly Australians and everything else comes Second!

CC Grandmaster
    Should any other date from 1700's decide if not this one? .
    I don't think you understood my point
    Its not about a date, its about people living in Australia recognising that all of us are firstly Australians and everything else comes Second!
    So we should celebrate Australia Day on the day we all became Australians first - that would be January 1 (1901), when the colonies united to become Australia?

Who will pay taxes? who will work? the ''ungrateful people''? . Where will they hold trial? in front of Centerlink office? I am not ''white folk'' btw - Me is ME ...not hiding behind any race or background. - Just another Citizen with same rights as everyone else!
    People survived here at least 40,000 years before money and foreign diseases touched these shores. What diseases white people brought were just as contagious and deadly as what China is spreading now. Keep your lousy money and give back their land
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

I do not see how these events that happened in 1800's should lead to abolishion/movement of date for Australia Day. Or shall we have no Australia day in principle? Or shall we have NO Australia as a country?
    Quilty is not calling for the abolition of Australia Day, but for recognition of and reconciliation after the mass murders of aborigines by the early white settlers (aided by native police).

Inspired By Australia Day, The Irish Host Their First Ever Celebration Of The British Arrival
    Betoota Advocate

... Inspired by the ‘Australia Day’ celebrations that take place on the anniversary of the British invasion of the Aboriginal Eora people’s land in Botany Bay – the Irish think it’s time to act like a grown up country, and treat English Imperialism the way Aussies do!

That is, as a glorious moment in history! One that only rivals the time we got to host the Olympics in that same city where the Poms began spreading smallpox and committing massacres in the late 1700s.

Ireland’s Taoiseach (Prime Minster) Micheál Martin says that after a century of putting bombs under cars and assassinating British Royals, the Irish want revise their own history like Australia has – and are prepared to rewrite the British as happy go lucky whitefellas that wanted nothing more than to make life better for the people who were already living on their Ireland when they arrived.

The Irish have today celebrated their very first ‘UK DAY’ – in celebration of the ‘coming of the light’ and all the great stuff that has happened to their country since then – like when King Henry VIII decided he wanted to invent a new religion and force it upon them.

The spread of Protestantism and the erasure of the Irish language and culture was consolidated during the wars and conflicts of the 17th century, including the English and Scottish colonisation in the Plantations of Ireland, the Wars of the Three Kingdoms and the Williamite War.

Irish losses during the Wars of the Three Kingdoms are estimated to include 20,000 battlefield casualties. 200,000 other also died as a result of the British-aided potato famine, displacement, guerrilla activity and pestilence throughout the war. A further 50,000 were sent into indentured servitude to cut sugar cane and harvest tobacco in Barbados and several other islands in the West Indies. It is estimated that 504,000 Catholic Irish and 112,000 Protestant settlers died, and 100,000 people were transported away.

“This is the stuff we ought to be celebrating” said the Taoiseach,

“That’s what the Aussies do”

“From this day on, anyone who has an issue with the UK DAY celebrations are nothing but a bunch of left-wing snowflakes”
    So what's your excuse? For running like the devil's chasing you?

See you in another life, brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Inspired By Australia Day, The Irish Host Their First Ever Celebration Of The British Arrival
    Betoota Advocate

... Inspired by the ‘Australia Day’ celebrations that take place on the anniversary of the British invasion of the Aboriginal Eora people’s land in Botany Bay – the Irish think it’s time to act like a grown up country, and treat English Imperialism the way Aussies do! ...
    It is gratifying to see the Irish natives pragmatically abandoning their resistance to the partition and occupation of their tribal homeland. To complete the process they should forthwith dismantle the Republic of Eire and replace it with a constitutional monarchy, as Australia has, to allow the English monarch to rule over them.

The many African, South Asian, Caribbean and Pacific nations which once enjoyed the benevolent paternalism of British colonial rule are now surely living to regret their hasty choice of self-government and independence. It behoves them to encourage the return of the Raj and adoption of the constitutional monarchy style of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    It is gratifying to see the Irish natives pragmatically abandoning their resistance to the partition and occupation of their tribal homeland. To complete the process they should forthwith dismantle the Republic of Eire and replace it with a constitutional monarchy, as Australia has, to allow the English monarch to rule over them.

The many African, South Asian, Caribbean and Pacific nations which once enjoyed the benevolent paternalism of British colonial rule are now surely living to regret their hasty choice of self-government and independence. It behoves them to encourage the return of the Raj and adoption of the constitutional monarchy style of government.
    New Guinea folk would be regretting along with some African former colonies. As well Hong Kong would sell all the tea of China to be back in Queen Elizabeth's bosom. Palestinians in Israel would feel the same.

The Philippines is regretting that they rejected becoming the 51st State of the USA.

But Australian natives suffered genocide genocide that other peoples did not.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Otherwise I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Otherwise I agree with you
    Lighten up, old mate. Des and I are waxing satirical

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Lighten up, old mate. Des and I are waxing satirical
    I knew but I wanted to enjoy myself as well.

CC Grandmaster
    Happy Australia Day, everyone!
    Happy Happy Day!

Happy Australia Day, everyone!
    Happy Happy Day!
    We cannot be happy whilst injustice and dislocation continues for native people.

Thread Information