Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 CV Agm

2010 CV Agm

When is the 2010 CV AGM scheduled for.

If the notice hasnt gone out already then given the 21 day requiremnet of the CV constitution the CV AGM once again will miss the last weekend in November.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

CC International Master Carl Gorka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    When is the 2010 CV AGM scheduled for.

If the notice hasnt gone out already then given the 21 day requiremnet of the CV constitution the CV AGM once again will miss the last weekend in November.
    It is scheduled for Sunday November 28th.
    I've never been so broke that I couldn't leave town

I'm trying out a new blog site...
    http://gorkachc.blogspot.com/

Victorian Team Championships

Quote Originally Posted by fireeater
    It is scheduled for Sunday November 28th.
    Thanks.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

CC FIDE Master
    The date has been set, but has the notice gone out? There is a difference.

I'm a member of CV and haven't received anything.

Croydon received a letter last week to do with affiliation fees (which I received because I am the Treasurer), and in the letter it referred to:

"Annual General Meeting (November 28 at Melbourne Chess Club, starting time 4-30 pm)"

There may be some other kind of formal notification, however I presume that if there was it would have gone to either our Secretary or President.
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Spiny Norman
    Croydon received a letter last week to do with affiliation fees (which I received because I am the Treasurer), and in the letter it referred to:

"Annual General Meeting (November 28 at Melbourne Chess Club, starting time 4-30 pm)"

There may be some other kind of formal notification, however I presume that if there was it would have gone to either our Secretary or President.
    I notice that at the same date and venue we have

Quote Originally Posted by from the official announcement in another thread

http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=12495

THE
    VICTORIAN BLITZ CHAMPIONSHIP

Venue: Melbourne Chess Club, 66 Leicester Street, Fitzroy, 3065

Date: Sunday 28th November, 12 noon.

Starring: Reigning Victorian Blitz Champion, IM Leonid Sandler will be defending his title in this event.
    along with the reigning Victorian Blitz Champion, IM Leonid Sandler who is also CV's Presiden there is also a No. of participants who for various reasons must be present at the AGM!

I don't know if the 4 1/2 hours provide sufficient time for the completion of the tournament, but I promise to do my best to finish my games much faster than the maximum 10 minute time control allotted for each one! (Psst I 've done it before )
    Last edited by ER; 15-11-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.
    Fully vaccinated since October, 21, 2021

CC FIDE Master
    Clubs received official notice today of the 2010 CV AGM.

A dispute as to the validity of this meeting has been lodged based on the CV Rules:

1. Insufficient notice (requires 21 days notice)
    2. Insufficient information (no financial statements, no budget, no auditor report)

What next?

Quote Originally Posted by ChessGuru

A dispute as to the validity of this meeting has been lodged based on the CV Rules:

2. Insufficient information (no financial statements, no budget, no auditor report)

What next?
    hmmm I don't know David, ask sobriquet maybe?

On the other hand, if the dispute is successful the 2010 CV AGM will be held in 2011 and Bill is waiting for such delays to give them a no-uncertain-terms-serve! Geez some people can't win, or can they?
    Last edited by ER; 21-11-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

What next?
    The only requirement is the 21 day notice.
    The items in 2 are not part of the notice but part of the AGM.

A dispute as to the validity of this meeting has been lodged ...
    ... with ... who? With CV?
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

CV AGM: A personal view

Whatever the case might be, it looks like interest about the whole AGM topic has waned. Nothing like last year's fiery exchanges and frantic behind the scenes negotiations. I know there is some movement in the station behind closed doors but according to my information (nothing more than hearsayish rumours at present) the whole thing has been pre-decided.
    • The leadership will remain more or less the same with the inclusion of a couple of new faces in the executive and in the committee.
    • There will be some noticeable movement in the Clubs front in co-operation with the coaches.

The huge plus of the present regime under the Presidency of Leonid Sandler is that despite diverse situations and untoward conditions the ship was kept steady.
    The resignation of two members of the executive (one from the beginning of the term and one later on) as well as some pressure resulting from financial / logistical disagreements in the ACF / CV front was tackled rather successfully.
    In the communication front apart from some laconic statements by the President himself and some rather lengthy and inconclusive grievances rather than reports by the very talented ex treasurer (his resignation is a huge loss for CV in my humble opinion) we had nothing.
    Of course one cannot take seriously, the idiotic situation of a ghost reporter (namely Sobriquet) being given the responsibility of publishing important reports in one of the forums only (as if CV's affairs were an exlusive right for one base only).
    Despite this isolationist and polarising situation which I am afraid if used by the Club communication / advertising network could have negative results in regards to events participation, CV events did well!

On the other hand one has to congratulate

• The Clubs which used both forums in their advertising campaigns
    • The Forums which provided free space for promotion and discussion of those events.
    • Personalities such as Carl Gorka, Gerrit Hartland, Trevor Stanning, David Flude, just to name a few who stepped in during difficult times to offer a helping hand.

It would be a great neglect not to mention David Cordover's ideas and offers which as far as I know were rejected throughout the term. A website as prepared and offered by the ChessKids camp to CV, the lack of necessary promotion of On the Move magazine in the present (weak) CV website are just two of the examples of this unfair treatment. Leaving personalities like IM Robert Jamieson and David Cordover out of CV's headquarters is simply wrong!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaK
    Of course one cannot take seriously, the idiotic situation of a ghost reporter (namely Sobriquet) being given the responsibility of publishing important reports in one of the forums only (as if CV's affairs were an exlusive right for one base only).
    Rather hard to know whether to laugh or cry about that one! In some cases it's the only way of finding out what isn't going on on particular issues on which the usage of normal channels of communication is for some reason all too hard.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Unfortunately, due to the late notice (not meeting even the minimum 21 days notice required in the constitution), my club (Croydon) may end up unrepresented, as I understand the President, Vice-President and Treasurer (myself) are unable to attend due to prior commitments. Bit of a shamozzle. Might even end up having to lodge dispute ourselves if we're unable at short notice to round up some delegates who can represent us. Don't like the idea of being disenfranchised ...

Is it enough?

The CV AGM was announced here by Fireeater answering Bill Gletsos' question exactly 21 days before its scheduled date.
    It means that Carl Gorka knew this detail before or at least on the day he actually announced it.
    Our, usually well informed, friend Sobriquet chose (surprise surprise) only one forum to make the announcement in a very MOZyishly oblique way four days later. (12/11/2010)
    Why CV chose (if they did) Carl and Sobriquet to disclose this information, excluding other Clubs such as Croydon for example, is beyond me!
    Unless, of course, neither Carl nor Sobriquet had been instructed from above
    to announce the date and venue of AGM.
    Maybe all they had to do was to visit CV's Website and find out about this information by themselves! Maybe...
    However, is it enough for the President Leonid Sandler (MOZ for Christ sake give that sandman banality a miss) and his committee to rely on just a website posting instead of notifying the affiliated Clubs by means of a letter about the AGM?
    After all we are talking about the most important administrational event - instrument of a serious organisation, aren't we?
    Last edited by ER; 24-11-2010 at 08:42 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

CC International Master

On the CV website?

Quote Originally Posted by JaK
    Maybe all they had to do was to visit CV's Website and find out about this information by themselves! Maybe...
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I can't find notice of the 2010 AGM on the CV website. I found the minutes of the 2009 AGM, but nothing about the 2010 AGM.
    Maybe.... I just don't know where to look.
    Last edited by Ian CCC; 24-11-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Thread Information