Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CC FIDE Master

Chess Game Sites and Chess Learning Sites

I am currently preparing a list of chess game sites and chess learning sites available on the internet. I have found over forty so far, and the number is climbing.

It would be appreciated if you could send details of any suitable sites that you know of to email menhamat@hotmail.com

Some of the sites are free, some require payment of a membership but this is no barrier to having them on my list of sites

Any help from the chess fraternity would be appreciated

If you would like details of the sites I have found so far, please feel free to email me on menhamat@hotmail.com and I can send to you what I have to date

Allan

CC Rookie
    Hi, im new here but I can recommend ChessWorld as a good chess playing site. It cost about 30 dollars a year, but you can play there for free for a limited time.

CC Rookie

Good Chess Site

Dear Allan,
    Have you visited www.ichessu.com. it's a very good website that offer everything you need for improving your chess skills. i am a regular visitor of this site and i have also improved my chess game with the help of chess lessons, chess tutorials and online chess games offer by this site. i recommend you to visit it once.

oh Wazz^ Menham's =)

Like to put up www.playchess.com for a great chess site that sprouty cant get enough of

How about posting up some of those great chess gaming sites right here on your thread. Sprout would like some insite on something similar to msn zone chess back in da day - Oh YEAAA !!!!!1 Meh been looking around forevers and like chesschats and playchess rule cant find nothing else.

-Sprout85 =)
    Last edited by littlesprout85; 15-08-2010 at 09:43 AM.
    Please help your healthcare workers stay safer from the corona virus by building and donating Intubation Boxes to your local hospitals. Go to www.upfurniture.com & download the free open source PDF.Files & get started today

Lets all Pitch in with Sprout n Donate some worthy funds to www.wildlifewarriors.org to show a lil kindness too all our hurting animal friends recently displaced from da Horrific 2019 Australian Wildfire Season =)

CC FIDE Master

Chess Site

Quote Originally Posted by leepenny2001
    Hi, im new here but I can recommend ChessWorld as a good chess playing site. It cost about 30 dollars a year, but you can play there for free for a limited time.
    Thanks I have added it to the list

CC FIDE Master

Chess Site

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathan
    Dear Allan,
    Have you visited www.ichessu.com. it's a very good website that offer everything you need for improving your chess skills. i am a regular visitor of this site and i have also improved my chess game with the help of chess lessons, chess tutorials and online chess games offer by this site. i recommend you to visit it once.
    Thanks I have added the site to the list

CC FIDE Master

Chess Site

Quote Originally Posted by littlesprout85
    oh Wazz^ Menham's =)

Like to put up www.playchess.com for a great chess site that sprouty cant get enough of

How about posting up some of those great chess gaming sites right here on your thread. Sprout would like some insite on something similar to msn zone chess back in da day - Oh YEAAA !!!!!1 Meh been looking around forevers and like chesschats and playchess rule cant find nothing else.

-Sprout85 =)
    Thanks I have added the site to my list

CC FIDE Master

Yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by littlesprout85
    oh Wazz^ Menham's =)

-Sprout85 =)
    There is a site like the old msn zone site in Yahoo Games

CC Rookie
    It is a nice effort and it is very heartening to note that the number is on the rise. Well, if I come across one I shall let you know, at the moment I am on the search for an online problem solving entertainer.

6 piece tablebase online.

Just found a useful site.

After a rook versus 3 pawns ending on the weekend I was keen to see what the tablebases said. I found it took 47 Gigabytes of hard disk space to install the 6 piece tablebases which I could not really afford on my little laptop.

However, I have found this site online http://chessok.com/?page_id=361 which allows you to put pieces on a board on the screen and get the evaluation from the 6-piece table base.

Brilliant.

Cheers
    Garrett

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Yes there are a few of those online. Another one is at http://www.shredderchess.com/online-...-database.html and I recall finding a third somewhere.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

ChessOK.com is a Russian website with quite a few goodies apart from being the distributor of Rybka.

DJ
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

good stuff!

Yep I knew it too, I didn't know it had that table base that Garrett suggested though (thanks Garrett)... BTW the little so and so knows how to do the K+B+N vs K ending. It found the 27 move mate in almost no time!!!!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JaK
    Yep I knew it too, I didn't know it had that table base that Garrett suggested though (thanks Garrett)... BTW the little so and so knows how to do the K+B+N vs K ending. It found the 27 move mate in almost no time!!!!
    This may be useful with K against K, B and a N

Here is how to mate with knight and bishop.
    i'm using N=knight, B=bishop, K=king

Using the bishop and the knight, force the opposing king to the back rank.
    The position the computer started with was black K on g8.
    White had K on g6, N on f7, Bishop (Black squares) on c5.

White N-h6 which forces

Black K-h8

White B-d4 mate.

CC FIDE Master

Added

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett
    Just found a useful site.

After a rook versus 3 pawns ending on the weekend I was keen to see what the tablebases said. I found it took 47 Gigabytes of hard disk space to install the 6 piece tablebases which I could not really afford on my little laptop.

However, I have found this site online http://chessok.com/?page_id=361 which allows you to put pieces on a board on the screen and get the evaluation from the 6-piece table base.

Brilliant.

Cheers
    Garrett
    I have added it to the list

Thread Information