Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    try this one

http://www.skivictoria.com.au/accommodation/index.html

"The Whitt
    Location ... just off Bourke Street, the 'Whitt' is the hub of the SCV. It offers motel style accommodation, exceptional dining options including 'The Club' restaurant & bar, and 'The Dump Inn' with its unique indoor grill restaurant. All rooms include ensuite bathrooms, a comfortable queen size bed and a tiered bunk bed, heating, tea and coffee making facilities.

Convenience … Transit Room for guests arriving before check-in and departing after check-out times so you can make the most of your time in the mountains.

Relaxation… The Governors Lounge, a cosy guest lounge with an open fire.

Kids … A games room will entertain your children"

The summer tariffs are listed as $40 per night twin share, with a single supplement payable. Still going to be a fair bit less than $100 per night.

Some lodges have 2 person with ensuite accommodation and at around $30 per night per person, even with single occupancy it won't be more than $60 per night. Try the Benmore Lodge - it is booked out by the ACTJCL for the juniors, but shouldn't have too many in for the Open.

When talking to places always make sure they know it is for summer and a week or more as you will get much cheaper rates. There is a huge difference in rates between summer and winter rates. Right at the moment I don;t think anyone is too interested in summer bookings as they are still very busy with the snow season, but give it a few more weeks and it will be starting to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by jenni
    accommodation options
    with how it is going for snow atm, it still might be snowing for the open

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    with how it is going for snow atm, it still might be snowing for the open
    Yes I know - I talked to a couple of places last week (I am still trying ot get summer rates for some apartments) and they pretty much told me to go away and not bother them for another month. They told me they were having a very good snow season.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1972
    i have a very serious question is there any accomodation non share for under or close to $100 on the mountain,i ask because i know someone who works there and its 16 km on driving zigzag up/down mountain thats just up down we rung 12 places ansd they all were very much over $100 per night.
    Signore Pecori . . . mate, save your money and stay in Melbourne. Or else, you could go on a real value holiday to NZ for the 112th Congress. It is a better organised event with brochures ready. Would you be interested in a brochure Signore Pecori?

AR

Brochures will be distributed to all clubs and associations, by next week probably.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo
    Keep this up Kevo' and you'll be like Napolon Roy - in exile on a tiny Island.
    Actually I think the exiles are those of you who failed to notice that the SS Cordover doesn't come with liferafts for the passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Actually I think the exiles are those of you who failed to notice that the SS Cordover doesn't come with liferafts for the passengers.
    or refunds for failure to deliver

or refunds for failure to deliver
    I seem to remember that David only offered refunds to Mt Buller people (ie those who had already paid for Mt Buller accommodation etc) on the condition that his Glen Eira Australian Open bid was accepted and that those players were going to play in his "Guru" tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S
    I seem to remember that David only offered refunds to Mt Buller people (ie those who had already paid for Mt Buller accommodation etc) on the condition that his Glen Eira Australian Open bid was accepted and that those players were going to play in his "Guru" tournament.
    i dont have a clue about this actually, but if its accurate, it might be because ppl who booked at mt buller under guru can still retain that booking for the current mt buller tournaments, i think. Therefore, no refund required.

I am just speculating.

Just for you, Garvin!

i dont have a clue about this actually, but if its accurate, it might be because ppl who booked at mt buller under guru can still retain that booking for the current mt buller tournaments, i think. Therefore, no refund required.

I am just speculating.
    Hi Garvin

Just for you, here is the relevant part of the post from the "Chess Guru" (David Cordover). It is the first post in the thread "Mt. Buller - Chess World letter to ACF" - refer to that post for fuller/further details.

Quote Originally Posted by ChessGuru
    ................blah blah blah.................

As such Chess Victoria requests that the ACF accept an amendment to the current standing version of the “Authority to Conduct an Australian Chess Championship” document. Details included are as requested under By-Laws for ACF Tournaments section 19, 20 and 23.
    • That the venue for the Australian Open Championships be changed to read “Glen Eira Town Hall, corner of Hawthorn and Glen Eira Rds, Caulfield.”
    • That the venue for the Australian Junior Championships be changed to read “Brighton Grammar School (Junior School), Grosvenor St, Brighton.”

Both these venues are more than suitable for the purposes of the Championships with the venue for the Junior Championships having access to swimming pool, tennis courts, playgrounds, sports equipment and canteen facilities all within the school grounds.

................blah blah blah.........................

PS. Some concern has been expressed about the late change in venue and the possibility of individuals having booked accommodation or transport to Mt Buller. I request that the ACF make public the following statement:

“Due to the late notice provided in the change of venue for the Australian Open and Australian Junior Chess Championships, Chess World (at their sole discretion) will provide compensation to any person who is able to provide, in writing, evidence to the effect that a non-refundable deposit or other financial cost has been incurred by the change made at this time.”

Note that this is valid only if the ACF approves the venue change as requested in this letter.

................blah blah blah............................

ok, i think i should ask first, what are you actually trying to ask or what to know?

The Guru did however follow that up on the 02-07-2004 at 11:41 AM with:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChessGuru
    Kevin and others. If what you want is unreserved compensation then I offer such, I invite anyone who has incurred costs becuase of this to apply to me for compensation. My email is compensation@chessworld.com.au

ok, i think i should ask first, what are you actually trying to ask or what to know?
    I wasn't asking anything. I just thought it was relevant to mention earlier in this thread that David Cordover had offered refunds to Mt Buller people but only on the condition that his Glen Eira bid was accepted by the ACF.

However, Bill has pointed out that since David made that statement on this BB he modified his position considerably (which I was previously unaware of) - see Bill's post above.

I wasn't asking anything. I just thought it was relevant to mention earlier in this thread that David Cordover had offered refunds to Mt Buller people but only on the condition that his Glen Eira bid was accepted by the ACF.

However, Bill has pointed out that since David made that statement on this BB he modified his position considerably (which I was previously unaware of) - see Bill's post above.
    sorry, just wasnt sure how that related to the current bid hence why i answered the way i did

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Look i have a few questions in regars to the Mt Buller Minor having picked up a brochure yesterday.....
    1. Why is it that the minor is only over 4 days?
    2. Is different rooms in the Restaurant being used for the 2 different tournaments that are to be held starting at 2.15 and 2.30?
    3. is there to be transportation for the minor?
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

Thread Information