View Poll Results: Who will win? (This poll asks who will win, not who do you want to win)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tories (400+ seats)

2 28.57%
  • Tories (350-399 seats)

1 14.29%
  • Tories (326-349 seats)

2 28.57%
  • No majority, Tories govern

0 0%
  • No majority, Labour governs

2 28.57%
  • Labour majority

0 0%
  • Someone else governs

0 0%
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    And now three Tories (Heidi Allen, Sarah Wollaston and Anna Soubry) have quit the Conservative Party to sit with/alongside (still establishing which) the Independent Group as has another Labour MP.

""We no longer feel we can remain in the Party of a Government whose policies and priorities are so firmly in the grip of the ERG and DUP." [etc]

(ERG = European Research Group, pro-Brexiteers led by Rees-Mogg)
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 20-02-2019 at 09:18 PM.

CC Candidate Master Blunderbuss's Avatar
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...e-visual-guide

I hope their endgame play is better than mine!

meep meep

John Bercow has blown up May's plan to resubmit a previously defeated Brexit deal because it, um, doesn't follow the rules against resubmitting decided motions. The parliament could dissent from his ruling or sack him if it had the numbers to do so but presumably doesn't.

What a mess.

Brexit = Br may one day eventually but who knows when exit!
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    John Bercow has blown up May's plan to resubmit a previously defeated Brexit deal because it, um, doesn't follow the rules against resubmitting decided motions. The parliament could dissent from his ruling or sack him if it had the numbers to do so but presumably doesn't. What a mess.
    Even if May wins that vote, she still has to win the vote on her actual motion. So it appears that the Brexit 'endgame' will be an adjournment - possibly forever ...

The Independent Group will become a new party called Change UK, with Heidi Allen as interim leader. The party is looking at running in the Europe election, if it happens.

CC Grandmaster
    The Independent Group will become a new party called Change UK, with Heidi Allen as interim leader. The party is looking at running in the Europe election, if it happens.
    I think that British participation in the European elections (because of a long Brexit delay) is now likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    I think that British participation in the European elections (because of a long Brexit delay) is now likely.
    That is going to be such a joke. I wonder if there will be a silly result.

Gordon seems to have some thoughts of his own on this..
    "I have reason to believe that the problems raised by the European election timetable can be negotiated away by indirect elections – selecting a contingent of MPs from our own parliament – and by not participating in the election of the presidents of the European commission and parliament."

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e-back-control

CC Grandmaster
    Now confirmed, with Brexit postponed until Halloween(!) - unless a Brexit deal can be agreed by the UK parliament before then.

Nigel Farage has launched a new party to contest in the upcoming European election campaign. But @ByDonkeys have registered the website thebrexitparty.com where they post stuff like this…

Capture.JPG

Who knows if this will pan out – but I for one hope it does.

Somehow there is both UKIP and a Brexit Party. I'm rather confused by all this.

The Tories have also started polling very badly. Surprised it has taken so long.

Somehow there is both UKIP and a Brexit Party. I'm rather confused by all this.

The Tories have also started polling very badly. Surprised it has taken so long.
    Yes strange times. According to Politico Farage quit UKIP because: "under Gerard Batten’s leadership ... the party’s direction has changed fundamentally," adding that Batten's "obsession" with far-right activist Tommy Robinson "and fixation with the issue of Islam makes UKIP unrecognisable to many of us."
    https://www.politico.eu/article/nige...ge-quits-ukip/

Thread Information