Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Western Sydney

  1. #1
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    Starter, I don't think BG will voluterily tell you who they are - I little too delicate. So I will tell you. Of cause is will be 95% acturite and I will have been able to goad Bill in to saying, "Total crap. You are a joke," and then procede totell you mostly what I have said.

    Anyway. The history is that there are western suburbs clubs that have quit the NSWCA previously over ratings fees and started their own rating system. BG is sch.t scared that they would do it again and is too gutless to call their bluff - espectially since Glicko is on the nose with many players.

    ...

    Yep, a no brainer. But as I said, the western mob have BG filling his pants.
    Notice that BG is so frightened by the westies that he could not even bring himself to call me names over the post quoted above.

  2. #2
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    Notice that BG is so frightened by the westies that he could not even bring himself to call me names over the post quoted above.
    Or he might be like me,...lost the thread, once that banana-bender started moving posts elswhere.

    starter

  3. #3
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    Or he might be like me,...lost the thread, once that banana-bender started moving posts elswhere.

    starter
    No , I just happened to somehow miss his post.

  4. #4
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    Notice that BG is so frightened by the westies that he could not even bring himself to call me names over the post quoted above.
    Dont kid yourself.
    You have no clue what you are talking about.

  5. #5
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    Starter, I don't think BG will voluterily tell you who they are - I little too delicate. So I will tell you. Of cause is will be 95% acturite and I will have been able to goad Bill in to saying, "Total crap. You are a joke," and then procede totell you mostly what I have said.
    Well it is total crap and you are a complete fool.
    If you dont know what you are talking about you should just shut your trap instead of speading misinformation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    Anyway. The history is that there are western suburbs clubs that have quit the NSWCA previously over ratings fees and started their own rating system. BG is sch.t scared that they would do it again and is too gutless to call their bluff - espectially since Glicko is on the nose with many players.
    What a load of rubbish.
    A group of clubs from Sydneys western suburbs broke away from the NSWCA in I think 1980 because they were unhappy that a decision at an AGM not to increase membership fees was overturned a couple of months later at an Extraordinary general meeting.
    The western suburbs clubs started their own teams comp called the Western Suburbs Chess Premiership. They ran it at the same time as the NSWCA Grade Matches.
    The NSWCA refused to rate it unless all players became members of the NSWCA
    Therefore the WSCP started calculating their own ratings.
    I know all this because I was the ratings officer for the WSCP.
    The WSCP few years later and as a sign of goodwill moved their event to March -April so as to stop clashing with the NSWCA Grade matches and in late 1985 the WSCP ratings list was merged into the ACF list and the WSCP was rated by the NSWCA.
    The WSCP is still running.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    Yep, a no brainer. But as I said, the western mob have BG filling his pants.
    The only thing speewing crap is your mouth as usual.
    Last edited by Bill Gletsos; 16-08-2004 at 08:43 PM.

  6. #6
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    In fact you idiot this was discussed on the old ACF BB.

    Back then I said
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Back in the early 80's when the Western Suburbs Chess Premiership (WSCP) started the then NSWCA Council decided it would not rate any of thee games played in the teams competition unless all players became members of the NSWCA. The fact that the NSWCA rated non NSWCA tournaments where membership wasnt a requirement wasnt a consideration.
    This threat had no effect on the WSCP which continued to flourish and the NSWCA gained no new members. In fact all that happened was the WSCP started its own rating system.
    The NSWCA finally saw sense after 3-4 years and the NSWCA began rating the WSCP players and merged the WSCP rated players into the ACF rating system.

  7. #7
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    A group of clubs from Sydneys western suburbs broke away from the NSWCA in I think 1980 because they were unhappy that a decision at an AGM not to increase membership fees was overturned a couple of months later at an Extraordinary general meeting.
    The western suburbs clubs started their own teams comp called the Western Suburbs Chess Premiership. They ran it at the same time as the NSWCA Grade Matches.
    The NSWCA refused to rate it unless all players became members of the NSWCA
    Therefore the WSCP started calculating their own ratings.
    At the risk of repeating myself, can I point out that this an entirely avoidable conflict if players are not required to members of a State Association. You could try the Victorian system; it avoids the conflict and avoids the task of maintaining a members register.

    starter

  8. #8
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Well it is total crap and you are a complete fool.
    If you dont know what you are talking about you should just shut your trap instead of speading misinformation.


    What a load of rubbish.

    The only thing speewing crap is your mouth as usual.

    So what is it about what I said that was crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    The history is that there are western suburbs clubs that have quit the NSWCA previously over ratings fees and started their own rating system.
    Sorry, but I cannot find the "crap",

    1. They quit the NSWCA

    2. They quit over fees - I specifically remember you telling me at the NSW Club Championship, that is was ratings fees.

    3. They started their own rating system.

    So where is the "crap"?

    The only crap is in your pants.


    FFS, what are you trying to do to yourself. I can say anything and you go balistic. You need help.

  9. #9
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    I know all this because I was the ratings officer for the WSCP.
    matt, i think it is this quote from bill that is the main point. Bill was the rating officer for the wscp at the time they left nswca.

  10. #10
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    So what is it about what I said that was crap?

    Sorry, but I cannot find the "crap",
    The crap is your misinformation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    1. They quit the NSWCA
    They quit the NSWCA Grade Matches.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    2. They quit over fees - I specifically remember you telling me at the NSW Club Championship, that is was ratings fees.
    I never told you that, because it isnt true.
    I said they quit over membership fees.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    3. They started their own rating system.
    You finally got one thing correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    So where is the "crap"?
    Spewing from your mouth as usal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    The only crap is in your pants.
    You wish.
    The only crap around is coming from you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    FFS, what are you trying to do to yourself. I can say anything and you go balistic. You need help.
    You are a joke.
    You keep speading misinformation in the hope it will be belived.
    I'm just pointing out what a fool you are.
    You are a joke.

  11. #11
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    matt, i think it is this quote from bill that is the main point. Bill was the rating officer for the wscp at the time they left nswca.
    Matt does not know what he is talking about as usual.
    I was around at the time and involved.
    He wasnt.
    He is a fool.
    Last edited by Bill Gletsos; 16-08-2004 at 10:54 PM.

  12. #12
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    At the risk of repeating myself, can I point out that this an entirely avoidable conflict if players are not required to members of a State Association. You could try the Victorian system; it avoids the conflict and avoids the task of maintaining a members register.
    NSW used to have the Mexican system.
    It was replaced long ago.

  13. #13
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    NSW used to have the Mexican system.
    It was replaced long ago.


    So?!?!?

    Now answer starter's question, tosser.

  14. #14
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney


    So?!?!?

    Now answer starter's question, tosser.
    I did you fool.
    He said we could try the Mexican system.
    I pointed out we had used it previously and progressed.

  15. #15
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    I never told you that, because it isnt true.
    I said they quit over membership fees.
    That is not my distinct recallection. Nevertheless, if you say here that it was membership fees, OK, it was mebership fees.

    The strange thing is that I also recall the same ratings fees issue being said by you on another occation. Why have I got that in my head? What am I thinking of? What is the missing piece?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •