Results 1 to 15 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    38

    [moved from discussion about AR's trolling tactics on Mt Buller thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    Prove your claims that you have made or i will start looking through the acf constitution.
    ... and then everyone will really take notice!
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 15-08-2004 at 09:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Account Suspended jenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    im sure that you have to be close to an official complaint being lodged against you for acting against the best interests of australian chess.
    Its a free world, he's got the right to say things like that if he wants to.

    He's the one who is going to miss out. The thing is AR really likes chess and when Mt Buller happens and people say what a good social time it was, he is going to feel a bit of a pang that he wasn't there.

  3. #3
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,407
    Quote Originally Posted by jenni
    Its a free world, he's got the right to say things like that if he wants to.

    He's the one who is going to miss out. The thing is AR really likes chess and when Mt Buller happens and people say what a good social time it was, he is going to feel a bit of a pang that he wasn't there.
    yep, its a free world apparently and amiel had his chance to complain and voice his concerns, when the bids were being put up for choice by the acf council. If he was actually trying to act in the best interests of australian chess, he could have raised his concerns with his state delegate, which is oh thats right, Bill Gletsos. It would have been real difficult for him to raise is concerns with Bill, wouldnt it

  4. #4
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    yep, its a free world apparently and amiel had his chance to complain and voice his concerns, when the bids were being put up for choice by the acf council. If he was actually trying to act in the best interests of australian chess, he could have raised his concerns with his state delegate, which is oh thats right, Bill Gletsos. It would have been real difficult for him to raise is concerns with Bill, wouldnt it
    hi gg''
    A good try by you to try to stand on the high moral ground and say (essentially) that all concerns should be raised through the proper channels at the proper time. The weakness of where you are standing is that it was the same ACF that approved earlier Mt B. schemes by the GURU. The proper channels have not always been the high moral ground.

    Now I am not supporting arosar in his choice of holiday destination, but he is on a BB and we will fight for his right to be heard. Just admit that you were over the top and we can on with more important things like ....(oops, I was just about to cause thread drift ).

    starter

  5. #5
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,407
    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    Just admit that you were over the top and we can on with more important things like
    i will admit no such thing, i have actually been very restrained with amiels comments so far compared to what i have thought. I actually have been disgusted by other posters reactions to his comments.

    By the way, what was the ambush

  6. #6
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    i will admit no such thing, i have actually been very restrained with amiels comments so far compared to what i have thought. I actually have been disgusted by other posters reactions to his comments.
    Restrained in what sense gg''?
    So far, from memory, you have threatened him with a BB Ban, Council action,and other. (The first is virtually taking away half his life. )


    By the way, what was the ambush
    Already sprung on another thread.

    starter

  7. #7
    Account Suspended jenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    i will admit no such thing, i have actually been very restrained with amiels comments so far compared to what i have thought. I actually have been disgusted by other posters reactions to his comments.
    I may not like what he says, but I will fight to the death for his right to say it.

    If you had grown up in a fascist country as I did, you would appreciate democracy.

  8. #8
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40,724
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    Also I am being serious when i say i have had a gutful of your divisive actions and comments. Prove your claims that you have made or i will start looking through the acf constitution.
    I'll save you the effort, you won't find anything.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

    ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

    My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •