Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

who is cincinnatus

Hello ppls,

thought i would create a thread about who is cincinnatus. This way we dont block up the mt buller champs thread speculating.

by doc:
    Conspiracy theory: cincinnatus = arosar

Any other possibilities?
    by arosar:

Nope . . . not me.

I have a theory though. Note the posting style, the subject (ie. by-laws), and the labouring on meaning.

AR
    by Brian Jones:

I agree with you amiel - it just has to be....................a certain mexican!
    by scott colliver:

Brian. Are you talking about our medals man?
    Scott

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Not AGAIN Please

Quote Originally Posted by Jeo
    Not AGAIN Please
    better here than in a chess thread on buller

Cordover?

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    It certainly has a lot of the hallmarks of past Cordover campaigns. I don't know if it's him but the temptation to check out the IPs and find out is close to getting the better of me.

If anyone has any other suspects feel free to send me a PM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

My hunch is that Cincinattus is an employee of Cordover.

Account Permanently Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AES
    Cordover?
    Not a chance on this guess of yours AES.
    The GURU has always been open with his identity and stands by his opinion even if he gets stoned from all sides. And he has never posted a carping thread (except perhaps in retaliation to fg7's serves). The cin. posts are not the GURU's style.

And my money is not on the medal manager.

In fact I am guessing ....is that really the time? I must get some sleep.

starter

Account Permanently Banned

I have a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    It certainly has a lot of the hallmarks of past Cordover campaigns. I don't know if it's him but the temptation to check out the IPs and find out is close to getting the better of me.

If anyone has any other suspects feel free to send me a PM.
    KB

I have a definite view based on content and style of the posts...I think Cin. is >>>>

But send you a PM re suspect? First I would like you to say whether unmasking CL was a good thing for the board. After all; that action of the unmaskers has led to CL disappearing from view. A good thing or a bad thing?

starter

Quote Originally Posted by starter
    KB

I have a definite view based on content and style of the posts...I think Cin. is >>>>

But send you a PM re suspect? First I would like you to say whether unmasking CL was a good thing for the board. After all; that action of the unmaskers has led to CL disappearing from view. A good thing or a bad thing?

starter
    unmasking cincy is a good idea cause of the claims he is making. A person with nothing to hide hides nothing. So if this person is on the level, he shouldnt hide behind anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by starter
    I actually think Paul is close if not correct. I've had a PM suggesting that cincinnatus could be an employee or associate of CG and I think this fits. A particular name has been suggested but I am reluctant to state it here.

Scratch Cordover as a suspect.

jammo has also been named as a suspect but I don't believe it for a moment; jammo knows the by-laws much, much better than this charlie.

I'm not convinced that CL was conclusively unmasked but clearly the trail was getting hot.

As for cincinnatus, unless he's going to start posting something other than rubbish then he is thoroughly dispensable. OTOH, if he's going to start posting sensibly ...
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 28-07-2004 at 04:39 PM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

jammo has also been named as a suspect but I don't believe it for a moment; jammo knows the by-laws much, much better than this charlie.
    did anyone seriously suggest that jammo could be cinny. I would be highly surprised if Jammo was cinny. Apart from what Kevin has said about Jammo's knowledge of the by laws, but also Jammo from my reading of his post on here, has never been backward in being forward in giving his opinion and putting his name to his posts. I think that if jammo was to be critical and post here about by law matters, he would use his own name.

. . . OTOH, if he's going to start posting sensibly ...
    I completely agree with you man....Cinn should post more sensibly. Like stop harpin' on about esoteric nonsense that no one can understand. Best to talk in lingo that the commoner can get see. So he should bang out phrases like 'conflict of interest', 'lifeless joint' , 'prohibitively expensive'. I mean, who gets by-laws?

AR

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    I mean, who gets by-laws?

AR
    hopefully those that are on the acf council

I agree with gg's comments re Jammo. Furthermore I don't think Jammo has a motive, whereas [insert name here] most certainly does.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 28-07-2004 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    hopefully those that are on the acf council
    See gray....you do have a sense of humour. You and I will get along just fine.

AR

Thread Information