Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    As usual you misrepresent the situation.
    There is nothing misterpretable about the fact that the NSWCA will not do a deal with Parr to open a SCC.

Gutless.

Mean while, NSW chess players still have no SCC and there is no plan to get us into one.

Geriatric.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    There is nothing misterpretable about the fact that the NSWCA will not do a deal with Parr to open a SCC.

Gutless.
    Not gutless you clown, sensible.
    Only a fool like you would make a decsion without detering the situation and the relevant facts.

Do you know what the leasing arrangements would be, the rent, anything.
    Answer no.

You are a joke.

Mean while, NSW chess players still have no SCC and there is no plan to get us into one.
    The plan always called for the co-operation of the NSWCA and the NSWJCL.
    Also any plan must be viable and financially responsible.
    You would be one of the first to bitch and complain if the venture fell in a whole.

Geriatric.
    Fool.
    It is easy for you to criticise from the sidelines when you are a do nothing individual.
    You are a waste of time.

Gutless.

Geriatric.
    Thank god matt was/is nowhere near the administration of NSWCA, otherwise instead of looking at $80k in the bank, we most likely end up with a DEBT of $80k!

matt is a clown and the sooner he moves to Mexico the better for NSW chess. May be our three time national champion can hire him as a chess coach down there?!

I thought we had gotten rid of all those roll up boards.
    clearly not as they were used for all rounds

Quote Originally Posted by peanbrain
    Thank god matt was/is nowhere near the administration of NSWCA, otherwise instead of looking at $80k in the bank, we most likely end up with a DEBT of $80k!
    Tell us, peacock, what exactly would be wrong with the NSWCA going $80k into debt? While you are at it, list the advantages too. Maybe then you will start to actually think before you post.

(So far, the intellectual and practical contributions you have made to this BB have been less than useful. Try to make up for it by giving this post a concidered reply.)

Even when I'm asleep I'm more on the ball than you could ever be.
    I see you have graduated for kindy kome backs to an infant school's debating rools.

Account Permanently Banned

Do you know the parable of the three talents?

If your chess association had $80,000 what would you want it to do with it?

I know of one association that says that the best place for it is the bank.
    Matt

I am with you on this one.

If my chess association had $80,000 I would not want it put away for a building fund in Sydney metro. There would be an ever-widening gap between the reserve in the bank and the price of the premises.
    Instead I would vote to spend it on the development of chess participation. I would issue a call for ideas.

starter

CC International Master Brian_Jones's Avatar

Plan increased participation for 2005!

"Instead I would vote to spend it on the development of chess participation. I would issue a call for ideas".

Well done Starter! The best comment I've seen in this thread.
    PARTICIPATION - forget chess centres, a waste of money and an impossible dream! Let's start to plan 2005/6 activities now (just look at 2004 NSW Open planning - it was a complete stuff up - and such a pity after a promising 2003!)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Jones
    "Instead I would vote to spend it on the development of chess participation. I would issue a call for ideas".

Well done Starter! The best comment I've seen in this thread.
    PARTICIPATION - forget chess centres, a waste of money and an impossible dream! Let's start to plan 2005/6 activities now (just look at 2004 NSW Open planning - it was a complete stuff up - and such a pity after a promising 2003!)
    These are my sentiments too - what I was getting at earlier. Promote chess more to the audiencences most willing to listen.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

I see you have graduated for kindy kome backs to an infant school's debating rools.
    That is all thats required to answer your claims.

Tell us, peacock, what exactly would be wrong with the NSWCA going $80k into debt? While you are at it, list the advantages too. Maybe then you will start to actually think before you post.
    Only an absolute fool would not understand what is wrong with going 80k into debt.
    Obviously the words insolvent dont mean much to you.

(So far, the intellectual and practical contributions you have made to this BB have been less than useful. Try to make up for it by giving this post a concidered reply.)
    His contribution certainly could be no worse than yours.

Bill,

When the previous people made their donations towards the $80 k, did they say they had a preferred way they would like it spent.

Also you have listed previous presidents, have they expressed a way they would like it spent.

I think these two points are important too as both are relevant in how the money was raised.

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    Bill,

When the previous people made their donations towards the $80 k, did they say they had a preferred way they would like it spent.

Also you have listed previous presidents, have they expressed a way they would like it spent.

I think these two points are important too as both are relevant in how the money was raised.
    There were no conditions attached to the $10,000 donation we received last year.
    The remainder of the money is as far as I am aware just simple accumulation of profits over many years.

Account Permanently Banned
    There were no conditions attached to the $10,000 donation we received last year.
    The remainder of the money is as far as I am aware just simple accumulation of profits over many years.
    You have a wonderful way with words Bill. Such a spin doctor.

As I read 'simple' I am led to the idea of the naturalness of accumulating money, as though it is something that all State Treasurers do as a matter of course.

As I read 'profit' I am left musing what would we would have have thought if it was called 'unspent surplus'.

starter

Quote Originally Posted by starter
    You have a wonderful way with words Bill. Such a spin doctor.
    No spin at all, just a statement of fact.

As I read 'simple' I am led to the idea of the naturalness of accumulating money, as though it is something that all State Treasurers do as a matter of course.
    Well it sure beats accumulating losses.

As I read 'profit' I am left musing what would we would have have thought if it was called 'unspent surplus'.
    Since the net profit each year is just added to the previous and a net profit can in actual terms be a loss to describe it as a surplus would not have been accurate.
    Therefore to have called it accumulated unspent surplus would have been incorrect as every year was not necessarily a surplus.

Thread Information