Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

World Junior Championship 2009

Does someone know of the specific website for this tournament? I have been searching around for it, but can not seem to find it. I have been able to find out information about the tournament, but not the specific website.

Help wanted.

CC International Master Carl Gorka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvinator
    Does someone know of the specific website for this tournament? I have been searching around for it, but can not seem to find it. I have been able to find out information about the tournament, but not the specific website.

Help wanted.
    Is this the tournament in Argentina?

If so, then I've also been looking for information, but it's sadly lacking. FIDE have little on their site.
    I've never been so broke that I couldn't leave town

I'm trying out a new blog site...
    http://gorkachc.blogspot.com/

Victorian Team Championships

Quote Originally Posted by fireeater
    Is this the tournament in Argentina?

If so, then I've also been looking for information, but it's sadly lacking. FIDE have little on their site.
    Yes. Even a google search turns up nothing about a specific website. It is the tournament Sarah Anton and Emma Guo are playing in.

Yes. Even a google search turns up nothing about a specific website. It is the tournament Sarah Anton and Emma Guo are playing in.
    I know, the venue was switched from Buenos Aires to somewhere out in the sticks according to Sarah.

Quote Originally Posted by fireeater
    I know, the venue was switched from Buenos Aires to somewhere out in the sticks according to Sarah.
    Puerto Madryn. The city does not look too bad from viewing it on the internet.

Puerto Madryn. The city does not look too bad from viewing it on the internet.
    I know Sarah had mixed feelings. She wanted to see Buenos Aires, but was quite excited to be going to other places as well. She seemed quite happy with the arrangements.

The tournament was to have been held in Mar del Plata, a city in the province of Buenos Aires, not Buenos Aires itself. Chessdom has a notice about the event and a list of the entrants but doesn't mention a web site so there may not yet be one. You can however visit the web site (in Spanish)of the hotel in which the players will be staying though it is pretty uninformative.

DJ
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by Denis_Jessop
    The tournament was to have been held in Mar del Plata, a city in the province of Buenos Aires, not Buenos Aires itself. Chessdom has a notice about the event and a list of the entrants but doesn't mention a web site so there may not yet be one. You can however visit the web site (in Spanish)of the hotel in which the players will be staying though it is pretty uninformative.
    It seems that there is no website at this stage, if at all. No matter where I look or ask, no one has the website address.

Pretty poor in my opinion. I wonder why information from the old venue was not just 'transferred' to the new venue and updated?

I have arrived at the Official hotel 12hrs ago, nice hotel 5 stars, huge, ive got an amazing view from my window of the beach, with wind surfing... will try that soon. THe first part of the beach meets the sea looks like an oil slick meet it some time ago though but the othere side of the hotel is like arid desert and desert plants. I had a 22hr bus trip... and i remember all i saw outside the window was arid desert, stones, and small plants for 12 hours....

Recommendation... in argentina take the buses... amazing first class, 170 degree reclining seats, 4 meals 3 course meals... including a 1kg of ice cream... vine served all the trip, personal media... and amazing service.... cost me 150 AUS return... much better than the plan trip..

the official draw hasnt been released yet, as they are awaiting til the morning to see if any other players will arrive. I most likely going to face a 2200 first round. Im pumped

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queenant89
    Recommendation... in argentina take the buses... amazing first class, 170 degree reclining seats, 4 meals 3 course meals... including a 1kg of ice cream... vine served all the trip, personal media... and amazing service.... cost me 150 AUS return... much better than the plan trip..
    That's amazing. In Tasmania, Hobart-Burnie return with the main company (about 10 hours) is not much cheaper than that, and you get uncomfortable seats (too close together), no food, nothing to read, and some kind of pumped deodorant that smells worse than whatever it is trying to mask.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 22-10-2009 at 10:02 PM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by queenant89
    I have arrived at the Official hotel 12hrs ago, nice hotel 5 stars, huge, ive got an amazing view from my window of the beach, with wind surfing... will try that soon. THe first part of the beach meets the sea looks like an oil slick meet it some time ago though but the othere side of the hotel is like arid desert and desert plants. I had a 22hr bus trip... and i remember all i saw outside the window was arid desert, stones, and small plants for 12 hours....

the official draw hasnt been released yet, as they are awaiting til the morning to see if any other players will arrive. I most likely going to face a 2200 first round. Im pumped
    Great to hear from you, Sarah. All very interesting and now I'm hungry as well...
    Best of luck for the first round!

The Round 1 Pairings= Starting at 5pm Arg Time (7pm EST AUS time)

Girls
    GUO Emma 1920 AUS - FUCHS Judith 2207 GER
    WIM LEKS Hanna 2169 POL - ANTON Sarah 1820 AUS

Boys
    IM PEREZ PONSA Federico 2422 ARG - GUO-YUTHOK Sherab 1966 AUS

The website is crap. Too slow. Live games here.

AR

WIM LEKS Hanna 2169 POL 1/2- 1/2 ANTON Sarah 1820 AUS

in a 3P + B + R each end game, i was slightly better, but happy with the draw result

Thread Information