NRL Finals (and Union tests)

Decided we can't leave it to the Victorians to only discuss that other really weird brand of football. So here's a thread primarily on the NRL finals. Now that Manly are most unfortunately out (more through the vagaries of other results than losing to the Storm) I am supporting the Parra Eels and I am glad to see they easily polished off the Gold Coast Titans last night. It would be neat to see a team which finished 8th go all the way to win the Grand Final. Can they do it?

BTW in case anyone's interested there's also a Aus - NZ rugby union test tonight in Windy Wellington. Loser get's the wooden spoon in the Tri-Nations. If NZ should lose (perish the thought), methinks that is the end of Graham Henry's All Black coaching career.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

The Man in the Back that Caesar guy's Avatar
    The Eels? No way...the Storm will win this premiership! I'm guessing the Dragons will win against the Broncos, so a very exciting semi Storm-Dragons is in prospect!

JM

(Edit: The Broncos beat the Dragons 24-10! That sends the minor premier crashing out.)
    'And the man in the back said "Everyone attack!", and it turned into a ballroom blitz. And the girl in the corner said "Boy I wanna warn ya, it'll turn into a ballroom blitz." Brian Connolly

All Blacks won convincingly + league draw.

NZ 33 - Australia 6. Yay! Yes, RD, Dragons are out so Parra and Bulldogs only Sydney teams left and will play each other in one semi. Other is indeed Melbourne - Brisbane. So final will be a Sydney team vs a non-Sydney team. Should be interesting!
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Thread Information