Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    it seems that there is no realistic way of running and hiding from the zombies so why not become one?
    I think the main problem is fashion. the typical zombie attire isn't particularly alluring so unless milan fashion week starts showcasing a range of clothing for the undead, turning into a zombie may not be an attractive idea (pun intended).
    Ruin is formal, devil's work,
    Consecutive and slow -
    Fail in an instance no man did,
    Slipping - is Crash's law,

CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trailer park lovers
    I think the main problem is fashion. the typical zombie attire isn't particularly alluring so unless milan fashion week starts showcasing a range of clothing for the undead, turning into a zombie may not be an attractive idea (pun intended).

CC International Master Bereaved's Avatar

I think I have discovered the solution

Hi everyone, does this work for you guys?

Take care and God Bless, Macavity
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is not a matter of God being on your side; it is a matter of being on God's side that matters

CC International Master
    Now that I have shifted residence I need a new plan or I shall surely perish in the even of a full scale zombie invasion.

In the boarding house (BH) I don't represent a figure of authority however I would attempt to convince them that I have thought this through, assuming this fails I would begin a 'me me me' plan.

I would run to the common room to grab a pool cue, then to the kitchen to grab a knife, a loaf of bread, and a bottle of juice/fluid. I would run up to the top floor find one of the uninhabited rooms-or just steal an occupied tutors room- and begin sharpening my pool cue.

I would barricade this room with whatever I could. This part of the plan revolves around luck. 95% of the boarders are now zombies so something like 4 of us remain untainted. Now most likely they didn't pre-empt' the strike and have made no plans, thus they are doomed, however I hope they manage to kill off a few zombies before dying.

While my involuntary pawn sacrifices fight zombies I set the fire alarm off. The sprinkler system goes off and I collect as much water as I possibly can. Hopefully this also pisses the zombies off and they are a bit confused. This also serves the purpose of alerting anyone in the city that the BH is there. The alarm may attaract zombies as well as people but that is a risk I am willing to take.

I sit tight while rummaging through the tutors stuff to see if they have anything useful ie lighters, snack food, laptop, mobile, torch etc etc. I sit and wait two days trying to establish mobile contact with anyone.

If this fails I would be quickly running out of food. The BH is three stories high and I would be at the top. If I am lucky only a few zombies will have found their way up. I promptly stab them in the head with my pool cue and push their bodies down the stairs, I also throw a spare bed and whatever else I can find down there to stop more getting up. Now that I have this floor to myself I raid every room for a source of food. This is only temporary but it will keep me going.

Phase two of the misson revolves around getting food from the kitchen. This is very hard seeing as the city's population is much higher than the countries any venture outside involves heavy risk. I will continue this plan after I have sorted out the food issue. Over and out.
    And still, no one has satisfactorily proven, that it isn't opposite day.

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

I recently started playing a roleplaying game, All Flesh Must Be Eaten. For those familiar with RPGs it is based on Unisystem.

My character is Johnny, the narcissistic jeweler. He was on his way down from his office in a New York highrise to the coffee shop, when the lift suddenly stopped. After no help came, he eventually scrambled out of the lift, climbed the lift shaft, only to find that the building was crawling with zombies. These were the slow moving kind, so he managed to mostly dodge them on his way back to his office. He used a fire extinguisher to blast any that came too close. Oftentimes yelling not that he was not one to be messed with before his morning coffee. He fought his way back to his office, where he barricaded himself in (the zombies having trouble operating doorknobs), and retrieved his 22 from the safe. And his bottle of fine scotch. There was an adjoining kitchen but it just had instant coffee, and it's important to have standards.

So after a few good pulls on the scotch bottle, he made a run for the stairwell. After using up most of his ammo fairly ineffectually, he realised that a headshot really did these things in, a hit anywhere else was pretty much wasted. Anyway he fought through a bunch of them in the stairwell, and made it up to the rooftop, and waited for the choppers to come.

moral of the story
    - it is important to have a goal. Sometimes that goal is to get coffee.
    - it is better to drink the scotch now. Dead men drink no scotch.
    - Crichton's velociraptors have better door opening skills than zombies.
    - aim for the kisser.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

CC Rookie
    Ok so here it is I live in dawin so big drawback there hot in the day and at night. I would get up get my bug out bag and retrieve my two basball bats that have concreet At the end (gives it more of a punch).

if my dad is not on deployment me and him would go to the military base (car jeep wrangler) near my house(my dad is in the army). Get to the armoury get a some of Steyr AUG STG-77 assault rifle ( I have trained with the weapon before with navy cadets) and colt 17. Then meet up with my dads mates*That are all military trained and know how to kill a zombie. Then we would go by earand make a plan there.

If my dad is away me and my mate would meat up at his place (he has some guns with lots of ammo). Leave his place and see if any of our friends are alive if not we would seek around trying not to get notice. Get supplies to servive I am also a scout with first aid training and know how to billed shit.

If my friend is infected oh well his memory will live on see if I can scavenge any amount of guns ( I know where he keeps 2 hand guns with 2 boxes of ammo). Get home and see if my brother is still at home if he isn't to bad but if he is me and him would pair up to survive.

If I am the only one I would head down to south a bit and head up for supplies and junk I need. And stay away from water crocs are deadlier than zombies with any luck crocs will kill the zombies off.

Skills I have

Weapons training ( some guns )
    Hand to hand combat ( not that useful )
    First aid ( qualified )
    Scouting ( a lot in one word )
    Non noticeable ( aka don't give off a big presents )
    Navy cadets ( not shore )
    Auto motive ( know how to fix a car)*

So there is my plan.
    Last edited by Death dream; 12-06-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Hey DD, welcome to the forum. Just one question, what's a b.o.b?
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC Rookie
    A bug out pack is a pack made to survive you around 72 hours With food and junk.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death dream
    A bug out pack is a pack made to survive you around 72 hours With food and junk.
    Cool thanks. I learnt something today.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC International Master
    I like it Death Dream, I find it comforting to have such well prepared folk in Australia and alarming that someone with such poor grammar has access to a multitude of weapons (my grammar is that bad but I only have a cricket bat).

I've started building a B.O.B. I scored a sick first aid kit on ozsale and an army umbrella from the op-shop. I look like a level 100 badass. I'm still looking for a tent, I raided my mum's house but all she had were those shitty sun shades which require intensive yoga before one is nimble enough to hold down the corners at once.

As a fun game, much like the, 'so you think you can assess' thread, here is your hypothetical 'position': You have made it to your local supermarket, it's deserted, you have a full camping-pack, what do you steal and why? Keep in mind you have to bail.
    And still, no one has satisfactorily proven, that it isn't opposite day.

CC Rookie
    First: thanks the scout moto is: always to be prepared.

Second: my grammar is bad thanks to this IPad I'm using, you don't need spelling to fire a weapon.

third: well my supermarket doesn't have much but here is what I would take.

Food:
    trail mix: why: last a long time
    chocolate bars: why: quick energy
    Painkillers: why: I feel pain
    A good hat: why: it is hot
    Food supplement pills: why: food mite be non-abundant

its good to see the young people of australia still interested in gaining practical skills.

the future is indeed bright.

The Man in the Back that Caesar guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius Reilly
    its good to see the young people of australia still interested in gaining practical skills.

the future is indeed bright.
    LOL
    'And the man in the back said "Everyone attack!", and it turned into a ballroom blitz. And the girl in the corner said "Boy I wanna warn ya, it'll turn into a ballroom blitz." Brian Connolly

Where have all the precocious cub scouts of australia gone ?
    Ruin is formal, devil's work,
    Consecutive and slow -
    Fail in an instance no man did,
    Slipping - is Crash's law,

Thread Information