Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

necessary acknowledgement

There were two incidents last week, in a matter of hours from each other, resulting in Mods action which in my opinion should be noted, commended upon and congratulated.
    Incident 1
    Before publishing an announcement I messaged one of the mods asking his approval, due to the commercial nature of the announcement.
    His immediate response was that I should ask another moderator since his involvement with the situation referred to in my announcement could create a conflict of interest case!
    Congratulations for the mod's integrity and tactfull approach!
    Incident 2
    Moderators' assistance was asked to delete some shouting which could cause harm for some chess organisation during a moment of crisis which was resolved without further implications.
    The mod's action was immediate and all traces of the initial shout as well as some responses to it, were removed from the shoutbox in seconds!
    Congratualtions for the mod's immediate action!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    True. When acting "incognito" as kjenhager he was able to pass him self off as a rational person. This begs the question which is the real person? Was Axiom pretending to be kjenhager, or is it the other way around?
    This shows that Axiom is not in the same class as me coz I could never pass myself off as a rational person.

So bend your knee and honour The King of Crazies
    Last edited by antichrist; 28-08-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    This shows that Axiom is not in the same class as me coz I could never pass myself off as a rational person.

So bend your knee and honour The King of Crazies
    Is everybody agreeing with me in private???

He is a fake that Axiom, fancy that after I went in to bat for him a few times and he was only pretending. He could have acted normal the whole time - I could have given him lessons.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Is everybody agreeing with me in private???
    Talking to yourself is the first sign of craziness.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    Talking to yourself is the first sign of craziness.
    He could have acted normal the whole time - I could have given him lessons.

I thought was more of a gem to pick up on.

(I just maybe trying to keep my post count in this thread up?? Keep it a secret)

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    AC, this is a thread for feedback about the site and its moderation (etc), not a thread for you to make generic meta-comments about stuff going on on this or the other board.

Here is your old "off-topic bin" thread in case you need to use it:

http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=4631

Moderation Notice

antichrist is banned from this thread for two weeks for persistently posting off-topic in it.

If antichrist posts in this thread in the next two weeks he will be banned for the remainder of the two-week period.

CC Candidate Master
    Could I please have an explantion as to why I was SB banned for posting a youtube link to a siberian tiger video and for saying "nonsense?! I know you are simply in awe of the magnificent tiger".

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydon
    Could I please have an explantion as to why I was SB banned for posting a youtube link to a siberian tiger video and for saying "nonsense?! I know you are simply in awe of the magnificent tiger".
    Certainly and thankyou for asking so nicely.

After CZ posted "SIBERIAN CHESS TIGERS" in bold red (which I deleted, plus a rather large image which I converted to URL) I wrote "enough of that nonsense" but both of you continued with the *** trolling.

You were thus both SB-banned for the time necessary for me to make two cups of Imperial Spice tea. However since I have been distracted from that task by writing this reply, your unbanning will now take a few minutes longer.

It has now been discovered that the Comrade Zukovsky account was being operated by Axiom during the period 10 Aug 2009 to present. Thus all the above CZ posts were written by Axiom.

In my post of 26-8 I made some personal reflections about Ron Scott re the toilet-wall arbiting incident and the behaviour of the Comrade Zukovsky account.

These were made on the natural assumption that Ron was still operating the CZ account. We had not been advised otherwise and giving away accounts is against CC rules, while hacking (while not ruled out) seems unlikely.

Naturally I withdraw (and am deleting) those reflections (and replies to them) given that Ron was not operating the account in question at the time.

what now?

I am absolutely confused with the whole thing.
    How do proxies work and can't they be detected straight away?
    What does CZ have to say about all this?
    I think all care must be taken not to blemish his reputation as a player and arbiter due to this rather farcical situation!
    I met Ron in Adelaide for first time earlier this year and I have the best impressions of the fine young man although he is an Arsenal supporter and he was wearing an expensive Gunners jacket!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

Quote Originally Posted by justaknight
    I am absolutely confused with the whole thing.
    How do proxies work and can't they be detected straight away?
    They can but this was the first time I had actually checked to see what sort of IP "CZ" was using. Prior to that I had just heard that the IP he was using didn't match any known to be used by Axiom, but nobody had checked to see if it was a proxy. Basically a proxy is just an IP address that masks where a poster is coming from and which ISP they are posting through.

What does CZ have to say about all this?
    I think all care must be taken not to blemish his reputation as a player and arbiter due to this rather farcical situation!
    That is why we are going to contact him and try to find out how it happened. There are two obvious possibilities and in one of those he is more or less blameless unless his password was too easily guessable.

CC Candidate Master
    My apologies, I was unaware that "***" is now a censored word. Just so I know clearly as now Ax is permanent banned I can't really encourage him to break site rules, what I am not allowed to say in the SB?

Kevin warned you and CZ last night to stop that nonsense in the shoutbox.

You chose not to, hence the shoutbox ban.

Oh and *** was added after the ban, not before.

Have a nice day.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Kevin warned you and CZ last night to stop that nonsense in the shoutbox.

You chose not to, hence the shoutbox ban.

Oh and *** was added after the ban, not before.

Have a nice day.
    Yes I was warned of it last night, I thought that was more to do with the fact that CV posted a big picture and began writing in red more then my own behaviour. I didn't realise that this warning of KB's from last night applied to now also. I would still like a general outline as I am really quite unsure of what I am and, more to the point, are not allowed to say.

Thread Information