Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109
Results 1,621 to 1,626 of 1626
    CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Seems to me it is covered by the following:

* The article is being quoted for the purposes of critical review of something else appearing on the board (for instance, to refute a claim another poster has made.)

(though perhaps we should change "refute" to "attempt to refute")

There is also "The mods may also take action against cut-and-pastes that are extremely long, [..]" but in this case I am not, at this stage, inclined to.
    If you are thinking of changing your wording, the word you are probably looking for is rebut - from the French reboter (to thrust back, to butt).

As to the length of the post in question (#4904 in the climate change thread), it followed an accusation from Patrick Byrom (#4901) "that it's clearly pseudoscience."

My view was, and is, that the best way to rebut such an accusation is to let the accused speak! Whether or not the rebuttal achieved its aim is a matter for the adjudicators.

My initial post on this matter (#4882) was not long and simply pointed readers to the source material. It is my submission that #4904 should be seen in the context of the accusation that preceded it. It is also my view that the only way to properly rebut the arguments of Mototaka Nakamura is to respond to them directly.

I will apologise for ER and myself for Shoutbox indiscretions.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    I will apologise for ER and myself for Shoutbox indiscretions.
    KB:No crassness in the shoutbox please; I've flushed the last week or so of shouts.

AC: Well at least you tried - you may need to proceed with impeachment, the evidence is there and fresh.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    KB:No crassness in the shoutbox please; I've flushed the last week or so of shouts.

AC: Well at least you tried - you may need to proceed with impeachment, the evidence is there and fresh.
    Seems OK at the moment to me. I don't have much faith in it remaining so.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 07-10-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Dr Moderator, thanks so much for allowing a bit of T...p in shoutbox - this guy is going to bring down western civilisation so we just can't deny him headlines. He is more dangerous to USA than all commo threats combined. I hope his name allowed once in this pigeon box this time.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Dr Moderator, thanks so much for allowing a bit of T...p in shoutbox - this guy is going to bring down western civilisation so we just can't deny him headlines. He is more dangerous to USA than all commo threats combined. I hope his name allowed once in this pigeon box this time.
    That came with a tag "for now". If you gratuitously overuse it there you'll be banned from mentioning him there too.

Thread Information