Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1746
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    I can see why people could find you annoying. But why don't they just block you?
    They can do that, but blocking does not remove quotes of the blocked user by posters who they haven't blocked.

Further to this, do not link approvingly to Nazi, neo-Nazi or white supremacist websites as they will almost always contain material that is illegal somewhere in Australia, even if there is nothing illegal on the direct page linked to. If it is really necessary to link to such a website, eg for the purposes of commentary on something said by another poster, then contact a moderator first for permission.
    Sorry, just saw this now. Is linking to One Notion website ok?
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Sorry, just saw this now. Is linking to One Notion website ok?
    Yes. Linking to Australian political party websites for the purposes of critical discussion is generally fine even if their views might be a tad controversial. I think if there was anything illegal on ON's website it would be well known by now.

Dr Moderator, may I request that excellent Kasparov interview CNN link be allowed in SB? If so I will delete out of thread. It is political and displays his excellent strategic mind.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Dr Moderator, may I request that excellent Kasparov interview CNN link be allowed in SB? If so I will delete out of thread. It is political and displays his excellent strategic mind.
    Then all the more reason why it should go on a thread. Don't ask for exemptions from that ruling re the shoutbox ever again because you won't get any.

Are there any rules governing the making of ChessChat posts whilst or straight after the consumption of alcohol ?

Asking for a friend.

cheers Garrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Are there any rules governing the making of ChessChat posts whilst or straight after the consumption of alcohol ?

Asking for a friend.

cheers Garrett.
    We actually do have something like that: "* Posters who have been repeatedly moderated will be suspended if they post while apparently drunk."

The difficulty is being able to tell; some posters for all we know might be drunk every time they post. But with one long-ago banned poster it used to be obvious and we would kick him off for the night before he could say anything offensive.

(We only use this rule if a moderator happens to be online while the apparently drunk posting is in progress.)
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 27-02-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Dr Moderator, I can guess at unclear proprietary, is it that some aspects of my my utterances may be untrue? Just so I can understand. Thanks.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Dr Moderator, I can guess at unclear proprietary, is it that some aspects of my my utterances may be untrue? Just so I can understand. Thanks.
    It was more that your comment about Ukraine having championships was irrelevant to the discussion about his master title and was getting off topic to a degree not appropriate for a eulogy thread.

samantha was more to blame for the thread going off the rails than you but you have a long history of poor form on eulogy threads so you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Quota on antichrist moderation comments

In January I warned that if "In future months if you go above eight posts to this thread, or otherwise re moderation, in any month and I consider any of them to be silly then a quota will be set. "

antichrist has made eight posts to this thread in this month and has also made other posts that mentioned moderation during it (which earned him a one-day ban).
    I do also consider some (not all) of the posts made by AC about moderation during this month to have been silly.

Therefore antichrist is now placed on a quota of eight moderation comments per month. The following are all deemed to be moderation comments:

* Any post to this thread, whether it mentions moderation or not
    * Any post mentioning moderation in the Help and Feedback section outside this thread
    * Any PM to me asking or complaining about moderation

A post commenting about multiple unrelated moderation issues will be counted as multiple posts.

The reason for the quota is to stop antichrist wasting my time.

Any breach of this quota will result in antichrist being banned from commenting on moderation for a month, as will any antichrist post that mentions moderation that is made outside the Help and Feedback section or any antichrist shout that mentions moderation.

This quota starts at the beginning of March, antichrist may make one further moderation related comment before then.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 27-02-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Dr Moderator , twice when attempting to open link in ACF Newsletter thread I got warning from Norton of mal software.

Dr Moderator, I think Michael Baron's last post, 410, in Criminals are Laughing thread doesn't in any way fairly comment on a tragic situation where a highly deranged person was I think unnecessarily shot. An inquest would probably determine that he was not a criminal because unfit to stand trial. I think a person suffering depression could worsen upon reading Michael's comments. What good purpose is served by such a post?

Dr Moderator, I think Michael Baron's last post, 410, in Criminals are Laughing thread doesn't in any way fairly comment on a tragic situation where a highly deranged person was I think unnecessarily shot. An inquest would probably determine that he was not a criminal because unfit to stand trial. I think a person suffering depression could worsen upon reading Michael's comments. What good purpose is served by such a post?
    I think the risk you raise is remote and I don't judge posts by whether they serve a good purpose, rather by whether they are against the rules or otherwise bad enough or off-topic enough to need removing. I try to let people express their views aside from that. The issues you have raised seem to me to be points that can be debated in response rather than points requiring moderation.

I see that the Money Matters thread is deteriorating into some nonsensical muttering rubbish bin as the latest post re asking Michael if a rapist overseas student was one of his students indicates!
    Any chance to bring the thread back to order please? I made an irrelevant post there wishing Greta well in response to an Ian's post with news about ther state of health.
    I am more than willing to remove or move it to another more relevant thread!

I corrected the above!
    Last edited by ER; 27-03-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    I see that the Money Matters thread is deteriorating into some nonsensical muttering rubbish bin as the latest post re asking Michael if a rapist overseas student was a rapist indicates!
    Any chance to bring the thread back to order please? I made an irrelevant post there wishing Greta well in response to an Ian's post with news about ther state of health.
    I am more than willing to remove or move it to another more relevant thread!
    I'll do this later today, probably - I've closed the thread temporarily in the meantime.

Thread Information