Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 1945
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Commenting as a poster - the reason it is entirely on topic and relevant should be extremely obvious if you've been following the thread about Queensland ACF ratings - and junior ratings in particular - being out of whack with other states. It was not mentioned to claim that the player is that strength, but simply as an indicator that his classic rating, compared to those in Tasmania, could be unreliable. Also commenting as a poster - in my view your complaint is petty and either trolling as payback for my actions as a moderator, or else being extremely melodramatic.

Another moderator is welcome to deal with it if they disagree with me.
    Completely agree so I won’t be taking any action.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    as if!
    I saw your post shortly after you made it and as my thoughts matched those that Kevin later posted I chose to just ignore your complaint.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Irrelevant! Expecting someone to know the whole Chesschat's list of contents in order to interpret your post comparing your rapid rating to an entrant's in the 2021 Tasmanian Championship is also illogical.
    I'm not expecting anyone to necessarily be paying attention; I'm just pointing out why your interpretation was incorrect and your claim of irrelevance was also incorrect. That it might not be obvious to every poster why a post is on-topic doesn't mean that it isn't. In this case, another poster had already commented about ratings points in Tasmania being at risk.

Drama queen reaction. I am not taking you as seriously as you think I am
    No, I offered two interpretations to ensure I covered all possibilities and to avoid a blast of pseudo-righteous indignation if I offered one and not the other. As you have dismissed the interpretation that you were being extremely melodramatic, all that remains is you were trolling.

Go on proceed with your beloved hobby of deleting stuff that annoys you, even when as in this case it does not contain any terms of endearment!
    Without getting into whether your trolling was successful or otherwise, to do that would unnecessarily deprive the world of evidence of you getting it wrong. Perhaps you have now realised you've stuffed up and would like that?

Anyway I suggest you reexamine my moderation of #1906. Although that post made numerous completely mindless and bogus insults in my direction, I only edited out your swearing, and even that was pursuant to my agreement with the site owner concerning keeping a lid on gratuitous crude language on a forum visited by juniors.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

As you have dismissed the interpretation that you were being extremely melodramatic, all that remains is you were trolling.
    I dismissed both the trolling as well as your melodrama interpretations of my reaction.

Without getting into whether your trolling was successful or otherwise
    I repeat! No trolling intended whatsoever! Trolling was unsuccessfully used against me on the shoutbox by one of your protected species yesterday!
    You took no action. despite guidelines that the shoutbox should not be used for personal confrontations.

Perhaps you have now realised you've stuffed up and would like that?
    Perhaps not!

In this case, another poster had already commented about ratings points in Tasmania being at risk.
    The same poster made the point that this is not a rapid tournament which was my point too! You neglected to refer to that!

Anyway I suggest you reexamine my moderation of #1906. Although that post made numerous completely mindless and bogus insults in my direction, I only edited out your swearing, and even that was pursuant to my agreement with the site owner concerning keeping a lid on gratuitous crude language on a forum visited by juniors.
    I have taken your point re language seriously , and also applauded your moderation admittedly with tongue firmly in cheek, in a jocular (ed) but in a no way disrespectful manner.
    The problem with your moderation was that you deleted everything including stuff like the correct use of the indefinite article "a" giving the person on my ignore list the right to not only
    once again misinterpret my statement(s) on shoutbox but also to express an unacceptably gratuitous attitude toward my being moderated!
    Last edited by ER; 27-02-2021 at 08:02 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

I dismissed both the trolling as well as your melodrama interpretations of my reaction.
    Your unsubstantiated denial is irrelevant.

I repeat! No trolling intended whatsoever! Trolling was unsuccessfully used against me on the shoutbox by one of your protected species yesterday!
    You took no action. despite guidelines that the shoutbox should not be used for personal confrontations.
    What part of the shoutbox guidelines are you referring to there? There is not necessarily any problem with posters disagreeing with each other in the shoutbox in a mild-mannered way.

The problem with your moderation was that you deleted everything including stuff like the correct use of the indefinite article "a" giving the person on my ignore list the right not only
    once again misinterpret my statement(s) but also to express an unacceptably gratuitous attitude toward my being moderated!
    That was absolutely your own fault for making a post that consisted almost entirely of abuse towards another poster, that did not comment about moderation at all and that didn't even advance the tangential meta-debate (in that you asserted that Desmond had misunderstood your use of the word "a" but provided no evidence that this was the case). Of course I am not going to waste my time editing such a post and will just delete it immediately; you are free to have another go at making a relevant post on that issue if you can do it without resorting to pointless insults. You were extremely lucky not to at least get banned from this thread for a while rightaway for that post. Perhaps you are a "protected species"?
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Your unsubstantiated denial is irrelevant.
    You keep on avoiding J.P.'s as well as my reference to the main point of this argument which has to do with the tournament not being a rapid tournament
    Your using the entrant's rapid rating as being higher to your rapid rating is absolutely irrelevant.

You were extremely lucky not to at least get banned from this thread for a while rightaway for that post. Perhaps you are a "protected species"?
    I know this is your playground and you exercise your authority at will. My luck (extreme or not) has been decided by other factors and so is my lifestyle irrespective to the policies of a forum

Not going to waste enjoying my staying in one of the most luxurious and expensive hotels in Melbourne to deal with such minor issues.
    I have already made my position on all related matters regarding raised issues very clear. Maybe when I go back home I could reconsider the whole thing and present my case in a different manner. Best
    Last edited by ER; 27-02-2021 at 09:00 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

You keep on avoiding J.P.'s as well as my reference to the main point of this argument which has to do with the tournament not being a rapid tournament
    Your using the entrant's rapid rating as being higher to your rapid rating is absolutely irrelevant.
    No, I already addressed that. The player has an ACF classic rating of 1128 and a chess.com rapid rating of 1830. The strength or otherwise of mainland entrants and their potential to deprive us of ratings points is a common subject of discussion in Tasmania. If you're asserting it's irrelevant, then you would accept that a player with an ACF classic rating of 1128 and a chess.com rapid rating of 800 should not be expected to perform better at classical chess than this player. If you truly believe that, then the place to defend it is the Ratings Arena.

And I think you know that and are trying to threadjack this thread into a chess discussion in order to mess up the thread with comments that are irrelevant to moderation, and that this is evidenced by you returning to this theme to engage with me on it despite your complaint having been dismissed.

And with that, since you have said that I exercise my authority at will, the subject is closed on this thread!
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 27-02-2021 at 09:31 PM.

CC International Master
    Post # 95 in the 46th. Parliament thread is not only callously insensitive to the family and friends of the woman who took her life shortly after declining to proceed with her complaint against the Attorney-General, it is also a disgusting, baseless, defamatory slur against the Attorney-General and Cardinal Pell, and should be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by idledim View Post
    Post # 95 in the 46th. Parliament thread is not only callously insensitive to the family and friends of the woman who took her life shortly after declining to proceed with her complaint against the Attorney-General, it is also a disgusting, baseless, defamatory slur against the Attorney-General and Cardinal Pell, and should be removed.
    Post and reply that quotes it taken offline at least temporarily pending me having time to review.

CC Grandmaster
    Does the restriction on mentioning a certain person with the initials AT still apply after his recent death?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Does the restriction on mentioning a certain person with the initials AT still apply after his recent death?
    There has never been any restriction on mentioning him but it has long been the case that any appearance of his surname in its exact form will be automatically starred out. This was not an anti-spamming or anti-trolling measure; it was the result of an agreement between Alex and STML and was at Alex's request. I therefore don't know if it will be removed.

The rules concerning linking to the forum started by Alex remain in place. It remains the case that said forum (recently attracting very few posts) lacks satisfactory moderation and has at least one remaining poster who has engaged in the sort of behaviour that saw such links be blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    I’d be grateful to receive a PM with information surrounding this. I’ll PM my current email addy in case that’s better.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    I’d be grateful to receive a PM with information surrounding this. I’ll PM my current email addy in case that’s better.
    And you would be most welcome to re-send onto me please.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Can we please have posts from #91 onwards (2021 Tasmanian Champs) moved to Ratings Arena or some other more relevant thread?
    Last edited by ER; 16-03-2021 at 01:13 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Can we please have posts from #91 onwards (2021 Tasmanian Champs) moved to Ratings Arena or some other more relevant thread?
    Not as far as I'm concerned; post 91 is on topic because it concerns ratings changes arising from that specific event. And we don't have to move posts every single time something goes off topic via a natural and amicable tangent for a few posts, especially not on a thread concerning a tournament that has finished. However if someone wants to comment on the treatment of unrated players in the Ratings Arena, they're welcome to do so.

Also the thread for requesting posts be moved is this one:

http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....ving-posts-etc

Thread Information