Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,576 to 1,585 of 1585
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Is unprovoked scatological speculation about my death and burial permitted? I think he's joking, although I'm not clear on what the joke is supposed to be.
    Not an original, I'm afraid

Last edited by road runner; 01-07-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    meep meep

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Is unprovoked scatological speculation about my death and burial permitted? I think he's joking, although I'm not clear on what the joke is supposed to be.
    My mate, Matt Sweeney, got deported to Siberia for exotic suggestions.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

KB: Removed "Miscellaneous Different-Sex Issues Thread" - too many stupid posts already.

AC: Unfortunately I think the problem has just moved house.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

By not allowing telling of a comparative situation in another to make a point it severely restricts poetic licence, ability to make a point in a pointed colourful manner and makes the audience all sound like straight vegans who can't hear a story, have a bet and chew gum at the same time.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    By not allowing telling of a comparative situation in another to make a point it severely restricts poetic licence
    Your poetic licence has been revoked because you didn't pass the L-plate test.

http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....669#post450669

post 4557
    Sir, I would like to dob someone in for an off topic comparative situation - comparing climate change knowledge with loan interest calculations. I know I have left it in good hands.

http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....669#post450669

post 4557
    Sir, I would like to dob someone in for an off topic comparative situation - comparing climate change knowledge with loan interest calculations. I know I have left it in good hands.
    That's not an analogy, it's just a very weak argument.

Now mate re ruling in Tennis thread. I obviously was replying to this preceding post that also mentioned all those things that I am not allowed to mention in the one breath. Surely I was doing no more than my other mate, Michael.

Originally Posted by MichaelBaron
    Tennis ratings promote activity as opposed to chess ones so someone coming off injury will have to rely on PR (protected rating) or Wild Cards to get into tournaments.

Now mate re ruling in Tennis thread. I obviously was replying to this preceding post that also mentioned all those things that I am not allowed to mention in the one breath. Surely I was doing no more than my other mate, Michael.

Originally Posted by MichaelBaron
    Tennis ratings promote activity as opposed to chess ones so someone coming off injury will have to rely on PR (protected rating) or Wild Cards to get into tournaments.
    Nah, Michael was posting completely on-topic because he was pointing out the reason why tennis ratings differ from chess ones, following an also on-topic suggestion that a system resembling chess ratings (although not explicitly described by me as such, because Elo ratings are now used for many things) would be more predictive for tennis. He was pointing out that even though it's less predictive, there's some sort of reason why it is used for tennis. You then made a response that was completely about chess ratings and completely irrelevant to tennis, and when I deleted it you then smuggled the same content back into a purely chess-related sentence in another post that was mostly about tennis.

It's not rocket science - posts that are entirely about chess go on chess threads - make them on a relevant thread or if there isn't one, start a new one. You don't have to post in the same thread just because you're replying to someone, and I know you know this and were just being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Nah, Michael was posting completely on-topic because he was pointing out the reason why tennis ratings differ from chess ones, following an also on-topic suggestion that a system resembling chess ratings (although not explicitly described by me as such, because Elo ratings are now used for many things) would be more predictive for tennis. He was pointing out that even though it's less predictive, there's some sort of reason why it is used for tennis. You then made a response that was completely about chess ratings and completely irrelevant to tennis, and when I deleted it you then smuggled the same content back into a purely chess-related sentence in another post that was mostly about tennis.

It's not rocket science - posts that are entirely about chess go on chess threads - make them on a relevant thread or if there isn't one, start a new one. You don't have to post in the same thread just because you're replying to someone, and I know you know this and were just being lazy.
    I have adopted the position that if just making a comment or comparison that it doesn't deserve a new thread, that is wasting bandwidth and makes it burdensome if someone is checking through thread titles. I prefer a new thread to be a "winner" and have a life. My mind can't help but notice comparisons across a broad spectrum.

Thread Information