False claim that I am a pest is a fact.
    Incorrect.
    Ruin is formal, devil's work,
    Consecutive and slow -
    Fail in an instance no man did,
    Slipping - is Crash's law,

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cromulent Sparkles View Post
    By the way, this statement is clearly false as Scotts claim of the senator being "racist" is the first one that is clearly out of bounds and is what initiated my response.
    He was calling a US Senator racist. Whether that is right or wrong it is not the same on here as making accusations about another poster, or for that matter someone with a reputation in Australian chess.

Also, on here I am interpreting all claims of lying as implying that the poster intentionally made a false statement. The reason for this is that this is how the term is generally understood and even if it may not have been meant that way, it is received that way. In some cases this can have legal implications so I have just taken a blanket position that unsupported claims of lying aren't allowed.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC Grandmaster Sir Cromulent Sparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    He was calling a US Senator racist. Whether that is right or wrong it is not the same on here as making accusations about another poster, or for that matter someone with a reputation in Australian chess.

Also, on here I am interpreting all claims of lying as implying that the poster intentionally made a false statement. The reason for this is that this is how the term is generally understood and even if it may not have been meant that way, it is received that way. In some cases this can have legal implications so I have just taken a blanket position that unsupported claims of lying aren't allowed.
    You mention "making accusations against another poster" but did you miss the part where he also called me racist or is that something he's allowed to do with impunity ?
    Ruin is formal, devil's work,
    Consecutive and slow -
    Fail in an instance no man did,
    Slipping - is Crash's law,

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cromulent Sparkles View Post
    You mention "making accusations against another poster" but did you miss the part where he also called me racist or is that something he's allowed to do with impunity ?
    If you call him a liar first then you don't get any sympathy.

I'm sure all this stuff is incredibly tedious for pretty much everyone except the three posters involved. I will if necessary be banning both you and Shaun from replying to or mentioning Scott, and banning Scott from replying to or mentioning either of you.

Also, all posters are to avoid escalating or perpetuating flamewars on this thread by insulting other posters when it is not necessary to make a point.

Thread locked temporarily for moderation cleanup later tonight. Commenting on moderation is banned across the entire forum until this has occurred.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Thread Information