Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138
Results 2,056 to 2,069 of 2069
    Account Banned Sir Cromulent Sparkles's Avatar
    Lol. You abuse such people as Shaun94 quite regularly, you've claimed multiple people are racist (including myself) within the last day in the shoutbox (due to your typical incoherent ad hominem attacks) and then you have the temerity to cry to the mods and suggest I've abused you ?

You really are such a joke.

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cromulent Sparkles View Post
    Lol. You abuse such people as Shaun94 quite regularly, you've claimed multiple people are racist (including myself) within the last day in the shoutbox (due to your typical incoherent ad hominem attacks) and then you have the temerity to cry to the mods and suggest I've abused you ?

You really are such a joke.
    Here here.

A true pest of chess chat in my opinion. Argues with people or chooses to insult or offend until called out then cries to mods... It's quite sad

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver View Post
    Please ban Sir from the shout box so I can make posts without him abusing me. All his recent shouts have been directed at me. He accused me of lying totally incorrectly and then lies that I live for abusing people.
    I've deleted the exchange from the shout that included the claim of lying as that was the first one that was clearly out of bounds although hardly the last (on I suspect both sides but I really don't care). In general claims of lying on this site must be supported with evidence that the poster knew what they posted was false. That said it is best to keep controversial political subjects out of the shoutbox entirely, and in particular US politics which I will just ban from the shoutbox again if necessary or even if it might save me, say, fifteen minutes per year.

I believe there is a function for putting other users on shoutbox ignore if you do not wish to see their shouts. A / followed by ignore followed by the name of the poster should do it from memory. Not sure if it still applies when they change their username.

[EDIT: I've also deleted Scott's two US politics shouts. Not against any rules but better discussed on threads and not in the shoutbox.]
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 23-05-2022 at 11:29 AM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

I've deleted the exchange from the shout that included the claim of lying as that was the first one that was clearly out of bounds although hardly the last (on I suspect both sides but I really don't care).
    By the way, this statement is clearly false as Scotts claim of the senator being "racist" is the first one that is clearly out of bounds and is what initiated my response. Funny how you're not talking about him providing proof for this claim as if everything he says is magically true.

If you require the article in question he chose to post here it is, and I challenge you to find unambiguous evidence of racism just like how you seem to require evidence for claims I make (which I have accordingly given). It will be telling to see if this aspect of the conversation is ever broached : https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...ortality-rates

If you want a more balanced/nuanced story that isn't as rabid as Vanity Fairs, here is the original one from Politico (even though Politico tends to be ever so slightly oriented to the left of politics) that doesn't attack the man in such an unhinged matter and states the facts of the matter. : https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...-high-00033832

By the way, this statement is clearly false as Scotts claim of the senator being "racist" is the first one that is clearly out of bounds and is what initiated my response.
    He was calling a US Senator racist. Whether that is right or wrong it is not the same on here as making accusations about another poster, or for that matter someone with a reputation in Australian chess.

Also, on here I am interpreting all claims of lying as implying that the poster intentionally made a false statement. The reason for this is that this is how the term is generally understood and even if it may not have been meant that way, it is received that way. In some cases this can have legal implications so I have just taken a blanket position that unsupported claims of lying aren't allowed.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    He was calling a US Senator racist. Whether that is right or wrong it is not the same on here as making accusations about another poster, or for that matter someone with a reputation in Australian chess.

Also, on here I am interpreting all claims of lying as implying that the poster intentionally made a false statement. The reason for this is that this is how the term is generally understood and even if it may not have been meant that way, it is received that way. In some cases this can have legal implications so I have just taken a blanket position that unsupported claims of lying aren't allowed.
    You mention "making accusations against another poster" but did you miss the part where he also called me racist or is that something he's allowed to do with impunity ?

You mention "making accusations against another poster" but did you miss the part where he also called me racist or is that something he's allowed to do with impunity ?
    If you call him a liar first then you don't get any sympathy.

I'm sure all this stuff is incredibly tedious for pretty much everyone except the three posters involved. I will if necessary be banning both you and Shaun from replying to or mentioning Scott, and banning Scott from replying to or mentioning either of you.

Also, all posters are to avoid escalating or perpetuating flamewars on this thread by insulting other posters when it is not necessary to make a point.

Thread locked temporarily for moderation cleanup later tonight. Commenting on moderation is banned across the entire forum until this has occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Commenting on moderation is banned across the entire forum until this has occurred.[/b]
    The first time someone does it I will delete the post and if they do it again I'll suspend them.

Thread reopened

I've deleted most of the recent posts that were on here. To be very clear, if someone is moderated for calling someone something they are not allowed to come over here and say 'yes I should have been allowed to call them that because they are'. You can try sending me a PM to discuss the matter in such a case though there may not be a quick reply.

CC International Master
    Thank you for your fair and impartial moderation

CC Grandmaster
    Perhaps we can have a thread "How long will Albanese be Prime Minister?" to go with the "How long will Morrison be Prime Minister?" one, together with an appropriate poll. Then the discussion of Albanese in the election thread can be moved there, where it will be more relevant.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Perhaps we can have a thread "How long will Albanese be Prime Minister?" to go with the "How long will Morrison be Prime Minister?" one, together with an appropriate poll. Then the discussion of Albanese in the election thread can be moved there, where it will be more relevant.
    I agree, that is a very good idea.

Moderation notice
    The vast majority of members don't need to have this thread hijacked by recent posts.

As such numerous posts from Sir Cromulent Sparkles complaining after his recent ban re moderation have been split from the Moderation: questions, discussion and completely pointless whinging thread to its own thread here.

The posters involved are advised to continue their discussion in that thread.

Any posts in this thread on the subject will not be moved to the new forum but simply deleted.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos View Post
    Moderation notice

Any posts in this thread on the subject will not be moved to the new forum but simply deleted.
    Just enforced this warning.

The next (same) idiot who wants to test their luck will find themselves having a nice long holiday.

If you want to comment on the decision in post #2068 then do so on the other thread.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Thread Information